Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Zenith

Arbiter
Sneaky lil taffers

By the way Styg using taser doesn't count towards the "stun X enemies" achievement. Game ruined, 0/10.

Zenith

Arbiter
Shows up fine on Firefox, doesn't show up in TorBrowser. I dunno what's up. Try the direct link.
Anyway: progress.
8ehX3XW.png

ciox

Liturgist
I think we'll get the patch this year and the expansion next year. The patch will be really big and hopefully comes soon.

epeli

Arcane
What? No, it's still first half of 2017* as expected.

* Adjust for temporal inflation with this in mind:
F7lqXEB.png

Asking Styg for release date estimates? Come on guys, you should know that's hopeless!

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Styg do you think you think you will be able to release the expansion this year or next year?
I don't know. Because of certain new features there's some additional non-DLC related work to be done along with the remaining DLC content. And then there's testing, of course. I don't want to release the game with as many quest/map bugs as was the case with the original and Deep Caverns.

So I'll just have to go with the unpopular "when it's done" here and forever.

What I can promise you, however, is that we will never again have cycle this long with any additional content for Underrail. Two years into the expansion development and almost a year since the last update to the game is way too long. We're all here very much yearning to get back to the pre-release faster iterations.

Latelistener

Arcane
Styg, is there any hope we will get some kinda closure in the storyline, until Underrail 2? It seems like it just ended in the middle of nowhere.
I kinda expected this expansion to be about Hexagon.

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Styg, is there any hope we will get some kinda closure in the storyline, until Underrail 2? It seems like it just ended in the middle of nowhere.

It's unlikely we'll progress the main story of the original game directly in any expansion, but there might be stuff that will expand it or just shed a new light on it.

You are not going to travel to Hexagon or Dis anytime soon.

Sykar

Arcane

It's unlikely we'll progress the main story of the original game directly in any expansion, but there might be stuff that will expand it or just shed a new light on it.

You are not going to travel to Hexagon or Dis anytime soon.

Have you planned a sequel then in some distant future?

Last edited:

Jazz_

Arcane
You know I love this game but holy crap that ''The Beast'' quest in Foundry might be the most ill-conceived quest ever, so much senseless and tedious backtracking and back and forth doing shitty errands..

Black Angel

Arcane
Yes, the backtracking back and forth between Foundry and SGS to get Ezra's help is definitely mindboggling. There should be a dialogue option with Bernard way before you even start the quest with the major that tells you about Gloria's achievable maximum heat. That way, our character will keep the info in the back of his mind, and when he bring the critter to Ezra and he mention that the creature can be killed with extreme heat, Ezra would immediately make the attracting device. Voila, no backtracking at all.

epeli

Arcane
Wait, isn't the Foundry questline backtracking already fixed in the live version? I recall it got changed in 1.0.2 so that there are no unnecessary back and forth trips between SGS and Foundry.
(You start quest to learn about the creatures in Foundry -> bring borer and blade to SGS, study them with Quinton & Ezra (lots of new dialog there, especially if your character's a scientist too), have Ezra build the psi-amplifier even if you don't know where to lure the beast yet -> finish the affairs in Foundry)

Black Angel

Arcane
Huh? It was patched to that way, already? I definitely remembered my last playthrough (finished few months ago) having to backtrack one last time, because my character haven't known about Gloria's maximum temperature achievable, so she can't get the psi-amplifier. Gotta have to play it again and find out.

Parabalus

Arcane
Wait, isn't the Foundry questline backtracking already fixed in the live version? I recall it got changed in 1.0.2 so that there are no unnecessary back and forth trips between SGS and Foundry.
(You start quest to learn about the creatures in Foundry -> bring borer and blade to SGS, study them with Quinton & Ezra (lots of new dialog there, especially if your character's a scientist too), have Ezra build the psi-amplifier even if you don't know where to lure the beast yet -> finish the affairs in Foundry)

Yes, a patch removed the backtracking for the psi-amplifier. You can now do it in one trip.

However, if you are playing for the first time, you probably won't know you have to bring both a borer and a blade to SGS. On release 3 trips back and forth were standard. :negative:

epeli

Arcane
However, if you are playing for the first time, you probably won't know you have to bring both a borer and a blade to SGS.
I don't think the process of discovery is bad when you're playing for the first time. But unnecessary backtracking when you already know what to do is annoying. The whole quest flow is now better for both first time and replays. Better quest notes, more and improved dialogs, no pointless backtracking.

On release 3 trips back and forth were standard.
Yeah...it was like that ever since Foundry was added in alpha. It was the first really big location by new devs back then, so they were still getting the hang of Stygology. I heard some aspects of Foundry changed quite a bit in internal testing before alpha players got to see it. And to make matters worse, I didn't have time for Underrail during Foundry's initial introduction/hotfixing and, perhaps coincidentally, Foundry has always had its share of poor/buggy quests that didn't get fixed right then. Even to this day there are still some glitches (to be fixed in the next patch) - Nicolas and Olivia are one amazing couple, somehow their quests have always been just as broken as their relationship.

Black Angel

Arcane
By Nicolas-Olivia quest being broken, did you mean that
you can't report both of them to Chief Banner? Because you definitely can, now. Did just that in my last playthrough.

epeli

Arcane
No, just a minor glitch this time. In some edge cases the quest notes don't get marked as failed/completed properly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom