Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
everything is just the right amount "Fantasy"
Strongly disagree . If anything there is way to much fantasy in Divinity .
Red prince being the possible father of new dragons ( depending on how you do his quest ) , the dragonknights themselves , the living ship , the whole godhood plot , the all consuming void ... When I walk into the market in Driftwood and see people chatting about everyday stuff , the with the empire , missing caravans , spoiled fish I feel sympathy to them - THIS is what I want , I want to experience more grounded stuff than insanely over the top nonsense I've just described . Seriously Divinity reaches the new heights in sureal fantasy stuff and this is the main reason I hated the plot in every divinity game I've played .

Finally left 1st island, now in driftwood
The Reaper's coast is BIG I'm 66 hours in and only starting to finish it .
I would also strongly disagree, if this had been all I said in that sentence.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
It's a shame we can't invent more than 5 points in persuasion, you have to rely on equipment that raise it. Fortunately persuasion check are dice based, so reloading and trying again may yield success.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I just fought the battle at the dock in Arx,spend 5 turns in stunlock/terrified until i could kill the last asshole.I think that this game is written by person with multiple personality disorder.

Sjukob

Arcane
After 68 hours of playing finaly finished with Reaper's coast . I was afraid initially that the game would be much shorter than the first one , glad to see I was wrong .

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
Anyone else playing coop experiencing disconnects? For the last 2-3 days we can't go on for longer than 30 minutes without disconnecting, and once it happens it tends to happen again every 5 minutes.
playing for 20h in coop without a single disconnect.

Seethe

Arbiter
I just fought the battle at the dock in Arx,spend 5 turns in stunlock/terrified until i could kill the last asshole.I think that this game is written by person with multiple personality disorder.

You should see the Lizard Consulate fight. Which took me to bypass 2 hours due to a retarded bug of necrofire being stuck in a wall, and enemies respawning in it over and over again.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Yeah, that fight, I recommend using lockpicking & sneak to pass. Even if nothing bugs out, necrofire will leave small tiny patches of it 1 cm wide so you might need 10 blesses to get them all... yet, enemies that respawn in necrofire have cursed fire arrows... that create more necrofire. :shittydog:
You can use 3-4 teleports to get enemies out slowly somewhere where there is none, since the area they respawn at is a screen or two. If they had to stay in it to respawn that would have been a sensible fight but :shittydog:

Seethe

Arbiter
Yeah, that fight, I recommend using lockpicking & sneak to pass. Even if nothing bugs out, necrofire will leave small tiny patches of it 1 cm wide so you might need 10 blesses to get them all... yet, enemies that respawn in necrofire have cursed fire arrows... that create more necrofire. :shittydog:
You can use 3-4 teleports to get enemies out slowly somewhere where there is none, since the area they respawn at is a screen or two. If they had to stay in it to respawn that would have been a sensible fight but :shittydog:

The necrofire spawned by enemies lasts 2 turns and their arrows are limited, but the ones that are already there are permanent so you have to remove them with bless. That's why you cannot win the battle, because there's a very small patch of invisible necrofire stuck inside the wall at the left side of the building(you can detect it by mousing over the wall, but you cannot use bless on it) and I thought at first that they respawned into thin air.I dragged into the building like 4 citizens, a marksman and a wizard, blessed the whole area with water so they can get healed every turn, left them to fight with the sekletons, while I cleansed the necrofire, I got the key and rushed into the dream portal. Of course, I had to cheese there as well and destroy the mirrors before the fight began, because that fight was not designed to be free of cheese.

Shadenuat

Arcane
That fight went pretty hilariously for me. Everyone died except for my main damage dealer, Red Prince who was carrying his 1500 dmg pwnhammer & his pet cat who finished killing off last mirror. Also, Alexandar, red prince clone, wendigo and demon lady enemies were all alive. So, demon lady dies to opportunist, while Alexandar... casts Insanity on my guy repeatedly overriding some other CC and not using anything else.

...and that was enemy's party mistake :lol:

Seethe

Arbiter
That fight went pretty hilariously for me. Everyone died except for my main damage dealer, Red Prince who was carrying his 1500 dmg pwnhammer. Also, Alexandar, red prince clone, wendigo and demon lady enemies were all alive. So, demon lady dies to opportunist, while Alexandar... casts Insanity on my guy repeatedly overriding some other CC and not using anything else.

...and that was enemy's party mistake :lol:

I could deal with Alexandar and Malady, but not with Wendigo's stupid fire crit. I was a bit undergeared for that area as well, and I had to flee the Shadow Prince. Same happened to me, everyone died except Red Prince, good thing Warfare has two easy knockdowns.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Pretty bullshit, fuck yo Swen, u faggot ass nigger

Omg... have I just lost Fane my companion? I did the ONE ARENA thing, but Fane was against me, why? He and I were on good terms. So now Larian decided that I must go solo onward from Arx now? Wtf?

Is that really intentional? Spent hours building my companion, and now hes just gone?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
What level were you guys when arriving in Driftwood ? I think I did the first fight against Alexandar being one level under him (I was lvl 7 I think). It was ok, but now in Driftwood and trying to help Siva, the magisters who guard her are lvl 12 and I'ml only lvl 9 . I'm playing classical difficulty so it's doable but still... I start to wonder if I didn't leave the first island complately underleveled. And yet, I've explored everything there !

Still enjoying the game, but this items's level scaling is really a pain in the ass. Something I already couldn't stand in the Witcher 3 but it's even worse in this game ! At least you don't have to deal with tons of useless trash loot like in the first game....

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Sooo hour of endless "joy" awaits me ....How hard could it be to make speedup button in a turnbased game?!
Cheat Engine bro, if you pc can handle.

What level were you guys when arriving in Driftwood ? I think I did the first fight against Alexandar being one level under him (I was lvl 7 I think). It was ok, but now in Driftwood and trying to help Siva, the magisters who guard her are lvl 12 and I'ml only lvl 9 . I'm playing classical difficulty so it's doable but still... I start to wonder if I didn't leave the first island complately underleveled. And yet, I've explored everything there !

Still enjoying the game, but this items's level scaling is really a pain in the ass. Something I already couldn't stand in the Witcher 3 but it's even worse in this game ! At least you don't have to deal with tons of useless trash loot like in the first game....

There was a map somewhere of reaper coast regions, with appropriate party levels to handle quests and mobs.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
key "VitalityStartingAmount","18"
key "VitalityExponentialGrowth","1.28"
key "VitalityLinearGrowth","12.5"
key "FirstVitalityLeapLevel","9"
key "FirstVitalityLeapGrowth","1.25"
key "SecondVitalityLeapLevel","13"
key "SecondVitalityLeapGrowth","1.5"
key "ThirdVitalityLeapLevel","16"
key "ThirdVitalityLeapGrowth","1.25"
key "FourthVitalityLeapLevel","18"
key "FourthVitalityLeapGrowth","1.5"

:what:

I can't figure out the intent behind this decision. You gain health normally and then it keeps growing four times at numbers that seem to have been randomly chosen before it stops?

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
key "VitalityStartingAmount","18"
key "VitalityExponentialGrowth","1.28"
key "VitalityLinearGrowth","12.5"
key "FirstVitalityLeapLevel","9"
key "FirstVitalityLeapGrowth","1.25"
key "SecondVitalityLeapLevel","13"
key "SecondVitalityLeapGrowth","1.5"
key "ThirdVitalityLeapLevel","16"
key "ThirdVitalityLeapGrowth","1.25"
key "FourthVitalityLeapLevel","18"
key "FourthVitalityLeapGrowth","1.5"

:what:

I can't figure out the intent behind this decision. You gain health normally and then it keeps growing four times at numbers that seem to have been randomly chosen before it stops?

This is what happens when people who don't understand or have lacking intelectual capability try to develop their own coherent combat system. It's simply won't bear any fruit.

Seethe

Arbiter
Pretty bullshit, fuck yo Swen, u faggot ass nigger

Omg... have I just lost Fane my companion? I did the ONE ARENA thing, but Fane was against me, why? He and I were on good terms. So now Larian decided that I must go solo onward from Arx now? Wtf?

Is that really intentional? Spent hours building my companion, and now hes just gone?

Did you not establish with him beforehand that you want to be the divine? You do that before entering the academy.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Jesus, enemies gaining 50% more health if you advance from level 17 to 18, no wonder you are level gated like hell, I dunno how they greenlit this insanity. Does Swen like Final Fantasy? So, on this game you need to run the fastest to just stay on the same place.:lol:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Ahaha, I just noticed my game was installed on 15 y o HDD instead of SSD when installing lower scaling mod. Damn the loading times are extremely well optimised then, gj larian. Explains some of that stuttering I had in game.
(man that friggin toshiba is unkillable, was I lucky or they don't make them like this anymore idk)

Btw, don't be like me. Don't notice little icon with anchor near your minimap only when you are level 20 and got stuck somewhere due to a bug.

Going to try that lower scaling mod on clean install.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom