Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Clan Quest mod for Bloodlines

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
In order IMO (but most other added quests are better thou)

Tremere
Ventrue (no voices though)
Toreador
Brujah (a hard boss fight)
Gangrel
Malkavian could be good but has atrocious voice acting and a terrible cutscene.
Didn't try nosferatu

Best added quests are probably 'Dance of the Thrashing Dragon' and 'Hitman Quest Line - Kindred for Hire', probably because they use new npcs with different voice actors and don't try to use clan stereotypes.
The alternative to the fu syndicate is nice. There is also a alternative to the sewers.

The evil quest is a bit derp. The 'additional malkavian content' is a lot derp (it involves memes). The other events around the game are nice.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Those quests have decent writing? I'm not expecting anything impressive but, at least, not terrible bad writing.

Absalom

A modder paid a voice actor? DAMN. Will peruse this mod with a grain of salt.

How does the enhanced difficulty work? Just giving more health to the enemies, weakening your weapons, or what?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Both of that and there is bloodloss on a timer (that's the best part). Because you're constantly dropping blood, you need to ambush civilians in city hub, which is a nice 'minigame' you never really had to do on the original. Cammarilla edition also adds a 'online college', which is basically a way to exchange money for skills (money was a resource you almost never used on the original bloodlines).

Those quests have decent writing? I'm not expecting anything impressive but, at least, not terrible bad writing.
Not all of them. Like i said, there are terrible 'clan stereotype' parts and terrible voice 'shaping' parts. I'd advice you not to use the 'lite'-companion mod thats included for instance.

laclongquan

Arcane
:hmmm:
This is why I stay away from bloodlines mods.

This is why I spit on Wesp so-called unofficial patch in his original change-as-he-damn-welll-please version.

And people keep saying I over-reacted.

: x

Gord

Arcane
You did. :smug:

Anyway, both Wesps full patch and the Clan Quest Mod I wouldn't recommend to first time players.
However, if you've played Bloodlines multiple times and you are open for some slightly different experience, you might as well try it out.
Some aspects are worse than others, but overall the quality is good enough.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
One bug that was never fixed on bloodlines (probably Wesp doesn't know how) is that combat missions (missions where just seeing you on certain places activates mission wide combat) also have dialogs between the guards if you don't alert them. Problem is, they only have dialogs if you don't load a save, so to hear those dialogs you have to 'iron man' and 'ghost' the level.

zool

Arcane
Thought I would give a little heads-up about Clan Quest Mod, the best mod out for Bloodlines, providing old players with new quality content (including very good voice-overs).

Patch 3.1.2 for for CQM 3.1 was released in June, with some improved voice-over for one of the new NPC :

Apart from that, burgermeister, the mod's developer, is working on the next big release, CQM 4.0, which will include a brand new Sabbat hub. Check out the video below, it's still a work in progress but it does look quite good and true to the Bloodlines spirit.

He's also released teaser videos for two new NPCs which will appears in that new hub :

Pretty impressive work with the models and the voice-over methinks, we're not far from the vanilla game in terms of quality. I'll definitely wait for CQM 4.0's release for my next playthrough.

zool

Arcane
I'll definitely wait for CQM 4.0's release for my next playthrough.

Whats coming with 4.0?

http://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-clan-quest-mod/news/cqm-40-sabbat-plot

Now that CQM 3.1 is released, efforts can be refocused towards a solid version 4.0. We have big plans for the next major version of the mod, and it's time to talk a little bit about what that will look like.

The next version of Clan Quest Mod, which we've already been working on, will feature a story line involving the possibility of rejecting the Camarilla and instead joining the Sabbat. When the player first encounters the Sabbat Archbishop the story will take an entirely different direction involving a Sabbat plot to overthrow the Kuei-Jin, Camarilla and Anarchs in Los Angeles. This will add an entirely new chapter to the game, including a fifth hub - a Latino barrio, very loosely based on some spurious comments from the original developers of the game. The main themes of this new addendum will be concepts of both loyalty and betrayal. This new hub will be populated with a variety of new NPCs, giving a peek into the clans of the Sabbat, including Camarilla and Independent clans' antitribu.

el_tenampa0002.jpg

taco0004.jpg

Latest progress report from early July 2017 :

Progress Report

Maps/Environment 90%

All the new maps are created at this point, now it's just a matter of making them darker and more thematic where possible.

Writing/Dialog: 85%

This has been moving along more slowly. It's perhaps the most creative aspect I focus on, but the one that's been least inspired in the last month or so. All bit characters have been written though, so it's only a matter of doing important re-writes on first drafts.

Programming / Cut scenes: 80%

This is the aspect that's moved along the most steadily. A significant amount of progress has been laid putting finishing touches on quests, testing changes and tying things into the overall programming / logic of the game.

Voice: 25%

Another major character's voice acting has been completed since the last update. I've got an eye for completing a third character in the near future, but I'm also losing access to the recording booth I've been using so far, which is unfortunate.

Models: 65%

Unfortunately, Lenuska seems to be on a hiatus from Vampire modding, so until she decides to return I'm exploring the idea of making new character models and skins myself.

zool

Arcane
Now that CQM 3.1 is released,

Thank you for the information. That is a lot of new content, like a whole new game.

It is a lot of new content, probably close to what an official Sabbat add-on to the original game would have looked. Considering the quality of the content released so far in previous CQM versions (including good voice-overs, which is a thing unheard of in most mods, as well as good writing), I'm confident this will once again be nearly on par with the production value of the base game, which would be amazing as I doubt we're going to see a good sequel released any time soon.

zool

Arcane
The progress report posted on ModDB is encouraging too (apart from that models' issue):

http://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-clan-quest-mod/news/new-npc-preview-for-bloodlines-sabbat-mod

Progress Report
Maps/Environment: 95%

This aspect of the project has slowed down mostly because there's not much left to be done. I have built one new map, the den of a powerful Sabbat, which I'm particularly proud of, and styled it thematically.

Writing/Dialog: 90%

This hasn't moved much at all but again, there's very little left to be done. Hazel's dialog was filled out before recording the lines, but otherwise there's been little progress.

Programming/Cut Scenes: 80%

Really nothing's happened here at all, other aspects of the project have taken most of my time.

Voice: 65%

This is where I've been spending most of my time. Extremely tedious work, but I'm happy to report that two more major characters and a couple of smaller roles have been recorded and animated completely.

Models: 65%

Unfortunately, this hasn't budged at all. As far as I can tell, my past collaborators have gone on permanent hiatus. Therefore, I am appealing to any fans that have modelling experience and have interest in learning how to do it for Vampire, and to help with the project, to contact me by PM or email. Thanks! If I'm not able to get any help, then I think I'll have to try my own hand at it, but as you can see from the progress report, it would be a lot better if I could get help from someone.

zool

Arcane
A year later, CQM 4.0 is close to be released, with an official release date on October 26th. Check out the latest update on Moddb:

Halloween is just around the corner and staying in the spirit of the spooky holiday, I am proud to announce that Clan Quest Mod 4.0 will arrive just in time. The release date for this ambitious next chapter of the game will be October 26th.

group_shot0002.jpg

Let's take a quick stock of everything you'll get in CQM 4.0:

• An entirely new story line for Bloodlines featuring a new hub and a whole new cast of fully voiced NPCs. The story focuses around the the city's Sabbat population and gives the player the option to abandon the Camarilla to join up with the Sword of Caine instead!
  • 3 possible new endings
  • A new humanity system that's more reflective of the pen and paper system, and with greater consequence
  • The ability to diablerize other select kindred
  • All the great new content from previous version of Clan Quest Mod
  • Full integration with Unofficial Patch (v 9.2), installed easily and automatically
  • Limited integration with other mods including Arsenal Mod, Camarilla Edition and Comp Mod, all available directly through the CQM's installer
In addition to releasing the mod, I'll also be taking up the YouTube mantle once again to do a special Let's Play of the new content, which will include developer commentary so you can get additional information into what went into designing the characters and setting and making the mod.

A 4.1 release of the mod is also expected sometime in the future which will include some other enhancements, not withstanding, bringing the base version of UP included with the mod up to date.

In addition, there is a video detailing the different options offered by the mod's slick installer:

zool

Arcane
Clan Quest Mod 4.0 was released just as planned.

The full release of this new chapter to Bloodlines is available today for download. You can finally join the Sabbat and diablerize the other Kindred of the city.

Posted by burgermeister01 on Oct 26th, 2018

The newest version of Clan Quest Mod, 4.0, is available for download today, just in time for Halloween! At the last minute, we've decided to integrate the new X20 mod into the installer as well, so it will be easy to include this great new addition to the game when installing Clan Quest Mod.

You can download the mod here at moddb.com or at patches-scrolls.de .

Here's a quick look at everything else that the mod includes:

• An entirely new story line for Bloodlines featuring a new hub and a whole new cast of fully voiced NPCs. The story focuses around the the city's Sabbat population and gives the player the option to abandon the Camarilla to join up with the Sword of Caine instead!
  • 3 possible new endings
  • A new humanity system that's more reflective of the pen and paper system, and with greater consequence
  • The ability to diablerize other select kindred
  • All the great new content from previous version of Clan Quest Mod
  • Full integration with Unofficial Patch (v 9.2), installed easily and automatically
  • Limited integration with other mods including Arsenal Mod, Camarilla Edition, X20 Mod, and Comp Mod, all available directly through the CQM's installer
We're also launching a new website, hosted by planetvampire to help support the mod. This page will include supplemental information about the mod, including information about how to install the mod, integrated mods, and support for technical difficulties. Please see this site if you're having trouble getting started with Clan Quest Mod.

Keep your eyes on the YouTube channel as well. We'll be adding a series of Let's Play videos to demonstrate the new content and provide developer commentary. Those will be available later today.

Thanks for you support and interest in the mod, and we hope you'll enjoy this newest chapter of Bloodlines.

vota DC

Augur
Great! I replayed again and finished santa Monica, diablerie must be near, hoped tplo diablerize even those uber green sabbath vampires in tutorial and warehouse but I guess game would be too easy.
I have some questions
1 In vanilla game you could choose anarchs, lacroix, johan strauss junior at thr taxi cab just before endgame (with only one or two areas to finish) but in the plus the new faction are more locked, for example if you joined sabbath you will only choose sabbath on the taxi and can't betray them. Can you choose all factions you have the prerequisite at the last moment again?
2 In site instruction there is "bind k blabla discipline else can't be choosen because Camarilla edition. Without camarilla edition I will get freely discipline browsing, even if I unlock with diablerie? In that case putting a blood timer countdown manually would reset the discipline browsing bug?
3 Diablerie include common disciplines like bloodbuff or bloodheal? Unlock blood magic?

DeepOcean

Arcane
Okay, the companion mod is a bad idea, the custom models are bad, okay got it.

Only questions left is if the Camarilla edition and the weapons mods are worthy, should I install them?

zool

Arcane
Okay, the companion mod is a bad idea, the custom models are bad, okay got it.

Only questions left is if the Camarilla edition and the weapons mods are worthy, should I install them?

The Weapons Sounds mode is fine. On the other hand, don't install the Arsenal mod, it's shit.

Camarilla Edition is more debatable. Check out the features list here and make your choice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom