Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Ruzen

Savant
I'm having fun, though I'm still in Fort Joy; meanwhile at the Codex:

rock_band.png
or like this

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Wtf is this "Bound by Pain" quest? First the silver lever is half-bugged, then I have to hit and heal the stupid dwarf for five minutes and then the demon jumps out and start chain-possessing my characters. Is there a way to get rid of the "Demonic Possession" status? What, am I supposed to just kill my possessed characters? The stupid demon take just one hit before possessing someone. Wtf Larian, seriously.

Also a lot of Chapter 2 quests are bugged something fierce - sometimes you don't get reward, or you do but the quest stays in the journal or it's messed up in some other way.

Murk

Arcane
On the topic of Necromancy -- I'm actually at level 10 on it for my rogue who only has 4 necromancy spells (summon corpse, shackles of pain, mosquito swarm, and bloodsucker) and the 100% hp leech is pretty friggin' cool tbh.

Tho admittedly I didn't do it for metagame reasons, but because I wanted to try a "vampire" build (leech, hp drain, undead human). Backstab does incredible damage and allows you to heal hundreds of HP once you get to an enemy, and the inclusion of 2 teleport abilities in the rogue branch make positioning very easy.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Wtf is this "Bound by Pain" quest? First the silver lever is half-bugged, then I have to hit and heal the stupid dwarf for five minutes and then the demon jumps out and start chain-possessing my characters. Is there a way to get rid of the "Demonic Possession" status? What, am I supposed to just kill my possessed characters? The stupid demon take just one hit before possessing someone. Wtf Larian, seriously.

Also a lot of Chapter 2 quests are bugged something fierce - sometimes you don't get reward, or you do but the quest stays in the journal or it's messed up in some other way.
Uhhh that quest is not that hard,you have to beat a few times the dwarf and then break the pillars,after that fight the demon.Try to hit the demon as much as you can on your first try.After he possesses someone beat him until near death and kill the demon.With backstab and adrenalin you could take half his health in the first round.

KateMicucci

Arcane
On the topic of Necromancy -- I'm actually at level 10 on it for my rogue who only has 4 necromancy spells (summon corpse, shackles of pain, mosquito swarm, and bloodsucker) and the 100% hp leech is pretty friggin' cool tbh.
Is it cooler than 50% more damage though

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Tho admittedly I didn't do it for metagame reasons, but because I wanted to try a "vampire" build (leech, hp drain, undead human). Backstab does incredible damage and allows you to heal hundreds of HP once you get to an enemy, and the inclusion of 2 teleport abilities in the rogue branch make positioning very easy.
Also having the paw trait is really cool,having one free move at every turn is very useful for everyone.I run with two rogues,archer and a mage.It is a lot of fun.Still i hate the guy that thought that moving slow makes the game tactical,it is idiotic that i play battles for 30-40 minutes because there is like 20 enemy and am waiting their turns.

Shadenuat

Arcane
The answer to 99% of any fights in DOS2 is "more damage". The only exception might be Revenants in lizard embassy at act 4, and I would recommend just skipping them because you'll need a lot of time to make that fight work properly.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Welp, so much for tactics. Reception in here has been pretty lukewarm as far as I can gather, with the notable exception of a few religiously devoted Larianites. Too bad they fucked up their own combat system. Will wait for a combat overhaul mod or hope the inevitable EE will fix the issues a blind quadriplegic could see.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In

Murk

Arcane
Is it cooler than 50% more damage though

Depends what you enjoy m8. This game, like the prequel, are all about weird builds and variability to me and trying out styles of play that aren't possible in other games.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Why do I need to destroy someones armor in order to taunt them?

Because in D:OS EE, an enemy could succeed against a taunt with a successful willpower save. There are no saves here, so it has to be prevented by something.

Sjukob

Arcane
The answer to 99% of any fights in DOS2 is "more damage". The only exception might be Revenants in lizard embassy at act 4, and I would recommend just skipping them because you'll need a lot of time to make that fight work properly
Why oh why people you underestimate the power of CC , it's still super strong in this game . For example , here I just petrified the entire enemy squad by using medusa's head skill .
Eo_CApp_2017_09_23_11_43_37_24.png

With 2 lone wolf lv5 summoners (champion incarnate! with power, farsight, fire infusion and loads of fire totems); I confronted the bishop Alex and his bitch at the entrance to fort joy;

Killed all the magisters, the claw servants or whatever and only alex and his bitch survived. Stripped alex of his magic armor, and reduced him to roughly 50% HP...

His bitch suddenly takes dragon form, and hauls alex away.

WTF LARIAN????!!!!!!!!!!

:rage:

Last edited:

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Small question about The Doctor in Arx
I assume he's the one who resurrected my dead companions as undeads when Lady Vengeance got ambushed, right?

Murk

Arcane
With 2 lone wolf lv5 summoners (champion incarnate! with powa, firesight, fire infusion and loads of fire totems); I confronted the bishop Alex and his bitch at the entrance to fort joy;

Killed all the magisters, the claw servants or whatever and only alex and his bitch survived. Stripped alex of his magic armor, and reduced him to roughly 50% HP...

His bitch suddenly takes dragon form, and hauls alex away.

WTF LARIAN????!!!!!!!!!!

:rage:

Huh, they actually made a contingency for that? Neat. how'd you level up before triggering that dialog? Sneak by?

Murk

Arcane
Oh, I thought the ladder still triggered the dialog.

edit: So the dialog around the ritual with the obsidian lancet stresses out not to lose it as they are rare... lol at the guy complaining about there being no warning about saving it.

Last edited:
edit: So the dialog around the ritual with the obsidian lancet stresses out not to lose it as they are rare... lol at the guy complaining about there being no warning about saving it.

Reading is teh hard.

One reason pet pall is so awesome is that talking to animals gives so many hints. Also animal quests are generally more well written.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom