Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
What kind of bugs are they talking about,I don't even remember patching a single game from Piranha beside the notorious Gothic 3.Hell,Risen series has to be most polished games that got out in the last decade,no crashes,smooth performance,not a single broken quest.

So what the fuck are these retards talking about.
Absolutely. Risen 2 ran flawless with only 1 crash in 30 hours and only one visual bug that bugged me, which was tree leaves and vegetation flickering to black at times. Risen 3 was worse with shadows making my FPS rather low and having about 5 or so crashes in the 28 hours I played it for, but still a lot better than any Bethsoft game. Granted, Risen 3 was a very rushed game. I think the interviewer was a bit of a cuck which is telling because of the homosex question and his last PB game was probably Gothic 3.

Last edited:

Latelistener

Arcane
lc5c.jpg

Doktor Best

Arcane
http://wccftech.com/piranha-bytes-improved-polish-elex/

From what I understand, this is the first time Piranha Bytes added romance options. Can you talk about this implementation? Is same-sex romance possible?

No, same-sex romance is not possible. For what is possible we don’t want to say too much because we don’t want to spoil anything!

A fairly significant amount of bugs has been the bane of previous Piranha Bytes games. Do you feel that ELEX will fare much better in this regard at launch?

If you look at the Risen series then you will see that those games do not have many bugs anymore. This time we even made all console versions ourselves to ensure that these versions are on the same level.

:what:

What kind of bugs are they talking about,I don't even remember patching a single game from Piranha beside the notorious Gothic 3.Hell,Risen series has to be most polished games that got out in the last decade,no crashes,smooth performance,not a single broken quest.

So what the fuck are these retards talking about.

These kind of questions should be asked in every single interview with Bethesda Games. But guess what, they wont. Those "journalists" instead listen to Todds megalomaniac PR babble without any hint of critical thinking and bite their lips in anticipation of the next totally bugfree and polished Bethesda Masterpiece. Those slimeballs only "crack down hard" on small indie developers to showcase their divine journalistic integrity.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
I like their engine. It's really stable and personally I don't need the latest shader tricks, like chromatic aberration or such. While I dislike the mandatory jetpack, I am cautiously optimistic for this game. Can't be worse than Risen 3 right? RIGHT? :negative:

Latelistener

Arcane
I like their engine. It's really stable and personally I don't need the latest shader tricks, like chromatic aberration or such.
CA is a shit effect, that shouldn't be there to begin with.
It's not even that hard to implement, compared to global illumination and volumetric lighting, which are now supported by the new version of the engine.
They also said that the world is completely seamless, and has no loading screens.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you play ELEX and you experience any "game breaking bugs", it's not the game's fault, it's yours. It simply means the game deems you unworthy to play it. ELEX works in mysterious ways. Therefore, we can never know who is worthy or not. I pray that ELEX lets me bask in its glory.

Aqualung

Dead duck
Patron
Insert Title Here
Repent and believe in ELEX

07JUAaE.jpg

By the way, will the characters have silly pseudo """"mediterranean"""" names such as Beppo, Carasco, Cid (like Rodrigo Diaz but hell yeah, just Cid...), Mauregato (extra points!!!), Corrientes (348, segundo piso ascensor, I guess...), Bartolo (like the flute's owner), Alvito, Difuego...?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom