Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jim Sterling Presents Real PC RPGs Are For Nerds

RapineDel

Augur
It's interesting that he mocks this but attempts to appear high and mighty by shitting on BOTW, Far Cry and Assassin's Creed for sharing 'modern' open world elements. He talks about Ubisoft and Warner Bros (their gaming studios) the same way this poster talks about Bioware and Bethesda.

That being said this guy's audience are all on consoles so you can't blame him. He's an 'independent' reviewer who is possibly worse then big publications given he constantly needs to get the word out and bring attention his way but because he puts on wacky costumes and has a Paetron instead of collecting YouTube ad revenue his followers don't seem to mind.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
1259764222519.gif

grimace

Arcane
He's an 'independent' reviewer who is possibly worse then big publications given he constantly needs to get the word out and bring attention his way but because he puts on wacky costumes and has a Paetron instead of collecting YouTube ad revenue his followers don't seem to mind.

patrons

$12,239
per month

https://www.patreon com/jimquisition

His audience lives him.

Colour Spray

Educated
The comments are predictably insipid, with one commentor even owning that, to his credit, he was defeated by the very first encounter in arcanum, closed the game and never looked back.

We should commend this brave soul's stance against excellence in all of the ugly forms that it takes.

Shin

Cipher
not often I start my day by watching some obese dragqueen whine about rpg's

nice

Neanderthal

Arcane
You know theres a lot o starving folk in world, an this obese bastards lard'd probably make a few million dripping butties...i'm not saying he should off himsen, just that its something to consider when hes alone at night staring at his reflection and crying about what a disgusting castrati mutant blob he is.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I like Jim's insight videos, but these fucking custome personas are insufferable. Who the fuck thinks that this is funny. Probably his rabid fans.

And God, the comments, like a pool of idiocy. 90% of them don't even know what are they talking about, since they haven't played an oldschool RPG in their life.

Last edited:

Sentinel

Arcane
Dunno why people are mad at him. The "conversations" that go on in the Steam Threads deserve a lot more mocking than this. Shit's crazy.

Ash

Arcane
I had never read a Sterling review because I tend to steer clear entirely from all the game critics that clearly aren't doing their job considering the types of games that are on top these days and highly rated. This just validates that decision even further; I will never intentionally be listening to this guy at any point in the future.

Isn't that the guy who gave Fallout 4 10/10? :lol:

There is no argument that can justify giving Fallout 4 a 10/10. He's not stupid from what I gather. Clearly this corrupt piece of shit is one of many making a living ruining my hobby and potential future market.

Last edited:

Meurglys

Literate
He's an 'independent' reviewer who is possibly worse then big publications given he constantly needs to get the word out and bring attention his way but because he puts on wacky costumes and has a Paetron instead of collecting YouTube ad revenue his followers don't seem to mind.

patrons

$12,239
per month

https://www.patreon com/jimquisition

His audience lives him.
Holy shit, people pay an unemployed fat faggot to watch him play video games?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom