Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Or you know, just leave some cheese in the game because it's fun and if someone finds it bad, he could avoid using it!

*I want D:OS2 avatars, Beast us up

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Update: Divinity: Original Sin 2 producer David Walgrave tells me that Larian doesn't plan to patch out this technique because it's "part of the system."

"It appears that it is not a never-ending loop and you're not doing anything else while you're doing it," wrote Walgrave. "It's not like you're damaging anything for free without spending action points. If I understand this trick, it's still within the purposeful synergies of our skills and usually these are accounted for."

That's true: you can't do anything while the loop runs its course. Though, based on the video, which shows a troll losing 6048 HP like it's nothing, it's obviously quite a loop, technically 'never-ending' or not, and I've asked for further clarification. For now, rather than 'fix' the combo, Walgrave says they "applaud" it. Examples of techniques that would be patched out include anything that "breaks the fun" or is actually a bug. "If this would tick in realtime, it would be a bug," wrote Walgrave. "And if this does not cost AP/skills and/or is not blocked by cooldown/consuming a scroll/... then we look into it."

Otherwise, "If you glitch the system, congratulations," concludes Walgrave. So there you have it, feel free to combo trolls to hell all you want. The original story and explanation of the trick follows.

After seeing that people were bitching about PoE being over-balancing the game and killing any fun, I'm happy that Larian is leaving fun stuff like this in the game.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Or you know, just leave some cheese in the game because it's fun and if someone finds it bad, he could avoid using it!

*I want D:OS2 avatars, Beast us up

It would still be pretty cheesy if the initial amount of healing/damage that triggered the loop was large enough to make it run for a decent amount of itme.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Stop making fools of yourselves, this game has no quest markers.

Dude, stop smoking crackcocaine.

There's several quest markers all over. The yellow ones AND especially the red ones, tell yo exactly where to go. It even follows NPC's around. If that's not a quest marker, I don't know what is.
You are making 2017 newfags look bad. Do you even know whan a quest marker is? Not every marker on a map is a quest marker.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Or you know, just leave some cheese in the game because it's fun

After seeing that people were bitching about PoE being over-balancing the game and killing any fun, I'm happy that Larian is leaving fun stuff like this in the game.

As long as you guise think pressing the "Win the fight" button is "fun" then sure.

Maybe it'd be even more "fun" for you to play the game in Story mode then.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Or you know, just leave some cheese in the game because it's fun

As long as you guise think pressing the "Win the fight" button is "fun" then sure.

Maybe it'd be even more "fun" for you to play the game in Story mode then.

Nah I play on Tactician and don't use any cheese and I'm doing just fine, thank you.
If you can't resist the urge to use such stuff then it's your problem.

That being said I wouldn't care if they "fixed" it also, so whatever

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, I think you should just play in Explorer if you think winning each fight with one combo or being so overpowered in general that mobs can't do anything against you is "fun". This is obviously broken.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Man oh man... I wonder if Baldur's Gate came out now if people would have a problem with the "Cloud kill cheese" and that you can kill dragons by staying on the edge of the screen and clouding them till they die.
I never had a problem with this stuff as long as there were also other ways to complete similar tasks/battles.
Actually finding out some of the cheesy strategies is cool imo. And of course in games with so many tools it's bound to happen at some point.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Conveniently, the s00per d00per MegaUltra Invince-o-armor doesn't apply to your party and you are vulnerable to status effects from turn 1.

:swen:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If two characters cast Soul Mate on each other, will that trigger a (non-infinite) healing loop when they cast a healing spell?

The Soul mate, living on the edge and pain shackles combo with undead / healing / lifeleech is a new dimension of cheese.

And I thought 2 lone wolf summoners where cheesy as hell. Two champion incarnates witht hem infusions and almost a dozen totems gangbanging most encounters... (yep i rerolled again).

But all those bitching about lack of balance and many many cheeses, just remember these words of wisdom.

"Nobody has many friends as the man with many cheeses."

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So...
Nunber of skills and spells after 2nd level is troubling. 1-2 for level 3 (source based) none for 4th and 1 for 5th ?!?Bloody hell Larian, bloody fucking hell...

We can combine first and third level books but spells we got from those are really situational. (like elemental skins or infused incarnates)

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Please see question below, act II beginning spoiler.

So guys, I'm in Act 2 and searched everywhere for my party members since I want to kick out this annoying Fane guy and go with Lohse. Biut apparently all other party members died??

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Speaking of act 2 beginning spoilers

The "o hai it seems you actually didn't really kill Alexandar cuz we JRPG now :^)" bit was just another piece of superstupid on the already full of stupid end of act1/start of act2

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So how important are the custom origins exactly? They seem like Larian has put in a ton of work into them and even if they are pretty SJWey if a ton of game content revolves around them I might as well roll one even if I miss out on some talents in party creation. Talking skeleton and the ex-slave seem okayish.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I wanted to play as Doft and antifa Dwarf was too much for me so rolled my custom chair; besides the predefined char was fun to play with... in first Twicher. They are more fun as companions anyways except for Dorf and Elf. As to cheese and exploits playing using mages is exploit and cheating to begin with; play party of two warriors using lone wolf and then tell me game is too easy faggit. Larian aproach to game is fun unlike any POE balanced bland shit.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Welp, seems like I'm the only one who likes romance writing in this game. Chose Beast's dialogue expecting lolwat reaction, he turned out to be a much more genuine person than I initially thought and opened himself up more to me. But then again I can easily be impressed so... :salute:
Meh i killed that liberal stump the moment he begun to whine about how bad patriots and nationalists are.From him i learned that you should start a revolution when your ruler begins using country flags.

Left his ass on Island them moment he started to tell my soldier how piracy is noble revolution and how evul Queen is for daring to unite Dwarven People and securing their borders... Felt like I was traveling with ANTIFA member. My Dwarf had soldier and mystic as tags so... Other companion I kicked out from party was crazy assassin elf who threatened my char with knife despite that I did returned and saved their asses on ship. Womyn gonna Womyn I guess; but on the other hand Red Prince is cool companion, Human mage chick is kinda of cute and I can treat her as little sis which I am sure will make some Feminazi harpy going :rage: and I picked guy with crossbow over undead mage cause we both were soldiers bros and we drunk and killed Magisters together; Crossbow is nice tool to bash doors too. perfect bromance till he hit on my Dwarf.

:what:

He said it was joke and not tried to this again like those faggots in Biowhore game do; so yeas I would not expect Belgian game to be Librul heresy free but its far from SJW crap-sheet Kwan games are.
I picked the assassin elf because her special skill to eat people and remember shit(it is important for a few quest,also eating tainted fish is good),turned out to be a decent story till now.Took the skeletal asshole because there was an interesting mystery,turned out that he doesn't have many unique interactions,still nice mage.Also the insane chick with the voice,i am sucker for insane bitches,turned out a good archer.
I didn't even talk to the Iban or whatever his name was,my mom thought me not to talk with arabs.The stump killed and did throw away.Shame that i couldn't keep the red prince,i didn't know about the ship.
Actual spoilers and maybe warning for people:
When you are on the ship for the first time,everyone dies except the people that are in your party.

As for the sjw....well i have met half a dozen faggot couples and have been preached about racism,tolerance,opression,tyranny,faggots and bigotry at least a dozen times.Did you do the cow quest?It is very good example of preaching.I have the intension of purging this game of life near the end of it.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
So how important are the custom origins exactly? They seem like Larian has put in a ton of work into them and even if they are pretty SJWey if a ton of game content revolves around them I might as well roll one even if I miss out on some talents in party creation. Talking skeleton and the ex-slave seem okayish.
I would recommend to play as a custom character,they are fun as companions.If you play as them they loose all their character.

Sjukob

Arcane
I must say that after I went through some things in act 2 I started to appreciate game's combat more . Enemies finaly got some cc abilities and hefty gimmicks that require specific tactics . Scarecrow fight with it's cheesy terror aura , chain ccing troll while keeping him perma poisoned , source bugs that can freeze your party if you are not careful , bears knocking characters down , dwarves using chicken claw . One time I even saw a dwarf casting poison on herself while standing in fire to create a smoke to protect herself from my archer , it's so refreshing after the first act where enemies just try to throw as much damage at you as possible . Too bad even with all of that this there is rarely a threat and your party is so powerful it steamrolls everything . I will definately go for tactician playrhrough if I won't burn myself out with this one .

Dwarvophile

Liturgist

Update: Divinity: Original Sin 2 producer David Walgrave tells me that Larian doesn't plan to patch out this technique because it's "part of the system."

"It appears that it is not a never-ending loop and you're not doing anything else while you're doing it," wrote Walgrave. "It's not like you're damaging anything for free without spending action points. If I understand this trick, it's still within the purposeful synergies of our skills and usually these are accounted for."

That's true: you can't do anything while the loop runs its course. Though, based on the video, which shows a troll losing 6048 HP like it's nothing, it's obviously quite a loop, technically 'never-ending' or not, and I've asked for further clarification. For now, rather than 'fix' the combo, Walgrave says they "applaud" it. Examples of techniques that would be patched out include anything that "breaks the fun" or is actually a bug. "If this would tick in realtime, it would be a bug," wrote Walgrave. "And if this does not cost AP/skills and/or is not blocked by cooldown/consuming a scroll/... then we look into it."

Otherwise, "If you glitch the system, congratulations," concludes Walgrave. So there you have it, feel free to combo trolls to hell all you want. The original story and explanation of the trick follows.

If you close your eyes and focus on the sound during the loop (from 0:37 on) some very disturbing visions might come to mind (considering the overall tone of inter-racial romance dialogues).

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I must say that after I went through some things in act 2 I started to appreciate game's combat more . Enemies finaly got some cc abilities and hefty gimmicks that require specific tactics . Scarecrow fight with it's cheesy terror aura , chain ccing troll while keeping him perma poisoned , source bugs that can freeze your party if you are not careful , bears knocking characters down , dwarves using chicken claw . One time I even saw a dwarf casting poison on herself while standing in fire to create a smoke to protect herself from my archer , it's so refreshing after the first act where enemies just try to throw as much damage at you as possible . Too bad even with all of that this there is rarely a threat and your party is so powerful it steamrolls everything . I will definately go for tactician playrhrough if I won't burn myself out with this one .
Or you could just do this:

Ruzen

Savant
Man O man. Tactician. Almost 40hours in. Exploring is still fun but combat becoming boring with every encounter. Hype is decreasing for me.:negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom