Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Jarmaro

Liturgist
Larian promised a lot, and it has absolutely followed through, crafting a singular game that juggles a bounty of complex, immersive systems, and never drops them.
:troll:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Can I sell stolen goods to anyone? I mostly steal gold and Resurrection scrolls for now.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Can I sell stolen goods to anyone? I mostly steal gold and Resurrection scrolls for now.
Stolen stuff can be sold to anyone. Just don't carry any stolen stuff whatsoever (or barrels of ooze, apparently - maybe some other stuff) when you get questioned.

The game is pretty retarded like that. Victims of theft are psychic, even if you stole something before you even came to the island.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, I just tried it out. I robbed them blind. Went upstairs, and had them search my party. Saved the game and then went back and sold them back their stuff.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
My main gripe so far apart from inventory management is how often I feel force into typical good guy choices in dialogue. It feels like there's no neutral or "gray morality" choices, and I'm either left with a dumb and brutish answer, or archetypical hero answer.
Same here. The "evil" dialogue options are usually equivalent to being stupid, behaving irrationally, hurting people who want to help you, and makes no sense being "evil" in the way the game offers you to. But with all the reactivity you have even for behaving like a classic good guy in a fantasy story, I don't have the heart to complain.

Is food completely useless?

I heard it works as healing, but have never used it so far. Out of combat, a single click on a bedroll item added to the hotkey bar heals the whole party instantly.
Completely useless? No.

Practically useless? Yup!

There's some stuff you can make that's not bad, exactly, and I guess that if you (for whatever insane reason) took the talent that doubles the bonuses, that might be worth it. Usually, though, it's not the bonuses that's the issue, but the duration. You want to eat before combat, but it's entirely possible for it to run out before you actually end up going into combat, especially if there's a dialogue beforehand. And if it doesn't, it may still end up maybe lasting just for a single round, maybe two. Especially with the round robin turn orders, it's pretty useless to buff beforehand, because in most cases, the bonus won't really matter.
I think the realtime expiration of effects is paused while you are in conversation. Even though people continue to walk about.

Another question - where do I find the boots of Braccus Rex? I think I may have missed them and I only lack them to complete the armor set.

Shadenuat

Arcane
In Chapter 6...
I traded with Lord Kemm, and bought his own journal from him for 2 gold pieces. Working as intended :D!

Please tell me
Arx
is the last island.
I certanly hope so. After killing 12th FROZEN VOIDWOKEN DESTROYER HALLOWER KILLER I am somewhat spent.

You can't blame summoning for not synergizing with necromancy when necromancy doesn't even synergize with itself. Half the skills get a bonus from nearby corpses, and the other half destroy nearby corpses.
Bring some corpses with you :shittydog:

It's dumb you can carry around locked chests but not corpses, since corpses are also just containers technically. Yet you're stuck with using Teleport...

Someone post on larian forums that a gentleman must be able to carry all the corpses together with body parts, as much he can and wherever he needs!

bd-07000.jpg

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
That moment.

When you're lugging that stupid chicken with you for 5 hours, looking for the rooster.

Caring for it, healing it, walking around traps and terrains so the little shit doesn't get hurt.

And then.

It dies in the LAST round of the half-hour battle with the fire voidlings.

:dealwithit:
Fuck that chicken.

Sjukob

Arcane
The rooster would tell you to kill him anyway , might as well just grab those 10k exp the moment you see him .

I fully agree about lack of evil choices in dialogues . Remember that dragon boy Slane ? I would've totaly pissed on his muzzle while he was lying on the ground tied . I really adore the idea of giving a dog a torn off human leg as a snack to cheer him up .

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
But let's only allow one summon of any and all types at once
Do you really want to be even MORE powerful till complete boredom?

RK47 discovers a clever tactic
Not that it's not smart, but nothing I would show people as "look 'I'm Tesla of this game" message, this is self-evident tactic.

Let's be honest, what does Divinity: Original Sin 2 add to genre or games in general?
A solid game?
Game filled with actual content, LOT of it, with which you can game and play?
Maybe that will show to devs that instead of pathtic content like in PoE, filled with Negro Feathered Stronk Woman Paladins you should concentrate on different things?
I tried to compare PoE with DOS2 - result was terrible for the first.

Stolen stuff can be sold to anyone.
Can you launder that "stolen" tag if you sell item then buy it again?

Shadenuat

Arcane
A paladin lesbian married couple rght near at same square in Arx as lesbian dwarf married couple. Hmm, what do developers want to say...

...Arx is city of ancient lesbian queens?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
A paladin lesbian married couple rght near at same square in Arx as lesbian dwarf married couple. Hmm, what do developers want to say...

...Arx is city of ancient lesbian queens?

Or this:

- Two cows with female voices, Geraldine and Mabel, want you to turn them back to people
- You do so
- Geraldine turns out to be a man
- "I assumed you're a woman!" - "Don't make assumptions then."

I've been educated.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Guys I know you want to make points in your anti-sjw fight or whatever, but do you mind using some spoiler tags? However stupid you might think these things are, they are content of the game.

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
I don't like how sneaking works in combat. Didn't like it in the first game either. So I've dumped the guerilla talent for my huntsman. It's better for him to use invisibility to move around even if it doesn't give any bonus (which is kind of stupid actually). It's more a hit and run strategy, even if the first shoot out of invisibility doesn't give any bonus, at least it helps him to escape when he is cornered.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Official Larian response about initiative http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=616872#Post616872

the turnorder system is indeed code-based. As one would expect this is not a simple data file, but an integral part of the underlying game system. Many iterations were done, as it evidently is not the same compared to DOS1, and a lot of balancing and combat design accounts for this system.

It saddens us to hear you do not like it, but we're happy to get your feedback on it. Both for modding improvements as general combat design experience, it would be great to hear what you guys would think is a better/optimal combat system. So please, do leave some systemic explanations below for us to take to heart and we'll go over them

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I.e. we hard-coded it and we cba to rummage around the source code, so tough luck? Ugh, reading Larian's forums gives me a headache.

Sjukob

Arcane
You know I think I've played enough to notice something . 2h strength weapons are utterly dominant at dealing physical damage and not because they are op by themselves , the other options are lacking . If you are going 2h it's very likely that you are going to invest heavily in warfare , so you get that sweet multiplicative bonus for each level of it and it works in any situation , while the scoundrel (read rogue with daggers) is required to position himself properly to git his bonus to kick in , same goes for huntsman .2h also get the biggest flat damage on their items , nothing compares to them and weapon skill is really good as well , giving you damage boost and more powerful crit , while said dual wield users get measly dodge . Shield bearers just got one of their best tools - reactive armor nerfed . So what the fuck Larian ?!

Seethe

Arbiter
Found the stupid Obsidian Lancet. After 1+1/2 hours of searching.Its location could've been much worse. Good thing the journal mentions the day and hour of when you complete a quest's step, and I searched around the areas of the side quests that I've completed immediately after the ritual quest.

And I was right, I threw it because it looked like a generic fucking item. Worst part is, I could've missed it because it has white quality, not piss-white like the other important items. No wonder so many people threw this shit away. Leave it for some Codex twat to say that item color cues are not important. The lengths some retards go to defend their false notions of "incline".

799c5cc87e.jpg

Last edited:

Arkeus

Arcane
Urgh, I am so much slower than you people, currently in the maze in the first island... and that damn sarcastic rat, I have no idea how to keep it alive :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom