Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Thread

what the fuck, I'm just happy I didn't donate a single cent to this shit

GrapeJam

Novice
So, what's the overall verdict for the story and writing in this game, guys? So I can actually bother finishing it.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
So, what's the overall verdict for the story and writing in this game, guys? So I can actually bother finishing it.

It's shit. If you want a more detailed analysis, check out Junta's review, Ludo's review, and Roxor's criticisms on rpg writing.

I think your original analysis is all that's needed, personally.

Imagine that quality writing is a fish.

Imagine you're trying to catch a fish with your bare hands in a river, but upstream there are a 100 elephants who suffer from explosive diarrhea and they are constantly taking gigantic dump straight into the water. So you're standing neck deep in liquid feces, the stench is burning your eyes, every wave pours a little bit of elephant shit into your mouth. You wave your hands blindly, with increasing desperation, hoping, praying, there are actually fish in this river and you're not doing all this for nothing.

This is what playing TTON feels like.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron

It's shit. If you want a more detailed analysis, check out Junta's review, Ludo's review, and Roxor's criticisms on rpg writing.

I think your original analysis is all that's needed, personally.

This is what playing TTON feels like.

fair warning
no really

Educated
This game is 80% discounted(£7.99) on game.co.uk atm
https://www.game.co.uk/en/torment-tides-of-numenera-day-1-edition-1779632
It's a physical copy and comes with soundtrack CD and printed map. It also says it comes with a guide(digital) but there's a pic of physical guide there, I don't know why. Maybe someone is interested in these extras or want a physical copy, otherwise I'm sure it will end up in a bundle soon anyway

Iznaliu

Arbiter
This game is 80% discounted(£7.99) on game.co.uk atm
https://www.game.co.uk/en/torment-tides-of-numenera-day-1-edition-1779632
It's a physical copy and comes with soundtrack CD and printed map. It also says it comes with a guide(digital) but there's a pic of physical guide there, I don't know why. Maybe someone is interested in these extras or want a physical copy, otherwise I'm sure it will end up in a bundle soon anyway

This is what a true classic feels like.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
This thread is like a whose who of rpg hating bloviating monkeys. It reminds me exactly of the threads on rpgdot forums for Troika games. This thread should be called - "How much hot air and platitudes can console fans who sometimes play games with lite rpg elements come up with in a groupthink thread to destroy one of the handful of actual rpg game makers? - a shitton!" Or "Writing in games - its like no good unless the game opens with a naked women and a tiny monotone man with glorious flowing locks of white in a setting so sensible that monsters are common but monster hunters aren't and humans are big jerks who are mean to the elves and dwarves and people who kill the monsters that so horribly plague them or something!"

RPGCodex - an rpg site so prestigious that it has a community that literally only likes blatant non-rpgs unless there are tons of naked women and companion sex and the game was made for consoles in which case they also love some games with lite rpg elements along with all hipster games. And also games made in Asia that don't have tons of naked women as long as it way oversexualized little girls and tons of pedo content. That should be the tagline for the site instead of "Doesn't scale to your level" or whatever the tagline is now.

Kitchen Utensil

Yeah, but TToN is shit and a scam.

I'll take any half decent Asian non-rpg with or without rpg-lite elements and with or without little girls or naked women over it.

:happytrollboy:

Iznaliu

Arbiter
RPGCodex - an rpg site so prestigious that it has a community that literally only likes blatant non-rpgs unless there are tons of naked women and companion sex and the game was made for consoles in which case they also love some games with lite rpg elements along with all hipster games. And also games made in Asia that don't have tons of naked women as long as it way oversexualized little girls and tons of pedo content. That should be the tagline for the site instead of "Doesn't scale to your level" or whatever the tagline is now.

You seem a bit too obsessed with those women, Roqua.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Yeah, but TToN is shit and a scam.

I'll take any half decent Asian non-rpg with or without rpg-lite elements and with or without little girls or naked women over it.

:happytrollboy:

Of course you would think that and of course you would like those games.

You seem a bit too obsessed with those women, Roqua.

What women?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom