Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Sentinel

Arcane
To the prestigious codexers:

1. Where are yellow and green teleporter pyramids?
2. Why can't i teleport to lady vengeance using pyramids? It's says "the destination pyramid doesnt answer the call. Is something blocking it"?
You teleport to Lady Vengeance by using the waypoint system.

Murk

Arcane
Ummm

1) in the lady vengeance
2) dunno but why waste the pyramid on that when you can waypoint there

edit: ninja'd

The initiative thing is very stupid, but I can't see how it's so infuriating that it would cause me to quit the game.

Seethe

Arbiter
Too many cheesy ambushes

This is what I referred to as Doom 3 monster closets, and it also pisses me off. It's cheap as hell.

Each time you stumble upon a circular-ish area that has a bunch of ladders to it, you can be sure as hell that the moment you walk into the middle of it, shit will pop up all around in very conveniently placed tacticool positions and start pummeling you from high ground.

By this point in coop each time we approach sth like this, someone says "this looks like trubble", followed by "battle stations", and getting everyone teleported to the vantage points before the inevitable monster closet is opened and Swen appears behind you irl to slap you in the butt while yelling "GOTCHA, BET YOU DIDN'T EXPECT THAT!"

Hurr durr great design right there.

Nah, it's not always like that. Even so, why is that bad design? You want to just walk into enemies all the time and instawin? I kinda prefer to adapt to the situation. Just cast your spell from a distance and there you go, you just won the fight already for having the upper hand. Not saying that constant ambushes are fun, but this game isn't exactly "Dark Souls 2" level of bullshit.

imweasel

Playing D:OS 2 almost makes me appreciate Sawyerism when it comes to systems design. Almost.

I also noticed that having an Undead in the group only has disadvantages so far (I'm in chapter 4 and I haven't seen any of that notorious death fog). You can't heal them with regular healing spells which kind of fucks up the group dynamic in combat.

Ausdoerrt

Augur
Anyway, another thing about the content I forgot to ask about: atmosphere, world design, area design.
It's more focused than the first game and a bit more serious, but Larian is still Larian, love it or hate it. So one moment you have to explain death to a crying dog, then 5 minutes later you have to save burning pigs that are running around screaming. Plus you have the whole 'become the Divine' overarching plot, which has been shit in every Larian game since 2002, but they insist on using it for some reason.

Area design is more messy than DOS1 because of the need for verticality. Works well in combat, but a pain to navigate otherwise.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Ummm

1) in the lady vengeance

The initiative thing is very stupid, but I can't see how it's so infuriating that it would cause me to quit the game.

I want to waypoint just before the mirror, to respec before every game check, such as wits, strength etc, persuassion, barter, thievery. Its tedious to run through the decks.

Shadenuat

Arcane
People can say whatever they want of Sawyer and his lololo balance, but you can bet your ass that even Sawyer would agree that the initiative system in this game is completely pants on head retarded. Which says a lot about the person who thought it was a good idea and how close (s)he should be allowed to any form of system design.
Systemically punishing players for good play and draggin on fights... eh, not first time I see something like this.

How bugged is the blood rose at the moment? The EA version did all kinds of weird things, like stack the buff every time you loaded the game. Now I've heard the buff disappears if you die or level up. So it's just sitting in my inventory because I'm afraid to use it.
So bugged effect vanished from my char even if I never touched the bloody mirror.

Trashos

Arcane
Anyway, another thing about the content I forgot to ask about: atmosphere, world design, area design.
Speaking only of the 1st act - Fort Joy, I would say the atmosphere is non-existent. The idea of an oppressive, inquisitorial regime which turns people into mindless zombies to "cure" them of magic, the grey moral area that they might not actually be wrong since transdimensional demons are attracted to said magic is quite interesting in theory. In practice, there is no feeling of oppression, the void creatures are pretty much a joke, which is not helped by the fact they are literally overgrown bugs, there is never anything that would make you feel you are in a prison - you can openly carry weapons, there are people selling magic books and you have a constant feeling that in the event of an uprising the magisters would be wiped out fast. Add to that the "secret" arena which is literally a trap door in the middle of the fort where you get crowned Neo teh One, the fact that the optimal way (and on non-nerfed tactician, might be the only sane way) to solve the area is literal genocide and that the only ones who are actually expressing anything realistic emotion-wise in regards to being trapped for life by a brutal inquisitorial force are the animals, I would say atmosphere is shit.

The way you describe it, it mostly sounds like the real world.

tripedal

Savant
Just lost ~an hour worth of progress because of crashes, really fucking annoying. Gotta obsessively quicksave even within battles it seems.

Shadenuat

Arcane

2. Why can't i teleport to lady vengeance using pyramids? It's says "the destination pyramid doesnt answer the call. Is something blocking it"?
Green is
Blood Island, Archives
Yellow probably Act 3.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Ummm

1) in the lady vengeance

I want to waypoint just before the mirror, to respec before every game check, such as wits, strength etc, persuassion, barter, thievery. Its tedious to run through the decks.
I want to call you retarded, because make no mistake - you are - but this is actually a perfectly understandable decline, and an extension of the degenerate norm that is respeccing. In the absence of discipline and good design, it is no wonder that the retard, the cuckold and the degenerate engages in such practices. Kill yourself, but remember to write a suicide letter clarifying that it's because of the respec trend ruining good gameplay.

Wolfe

Arbiter
You can always respect through mirror up to exploits like changing build whenever you want.

You keep the ship and can respec as often as you want.... which will probably happen once you realize that the wits stat is pretty useless because initiative only really determines which party starts first in combat. Then you take turns (you -> enemy -> you -> enemy...)

Oh shit, I completely forgot about the ship still being available. Thanks!

Murk

Arcane

Green is
Blood Island, Archives
Yellow probably Act 3.

Are there more tele pyramids than the two? I got both on Lady Vengeance after leaving Ft. Joy.

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
We'll only know that for sure when Josh finally gets to make a turn-based game. The possibilities are endless! :troll:

Anyway, another thing about the content I forgot to ask about: atmosphere, world design, area design

Won't get fooled twice : the most cruel april fool ever was when the codex announced a turn based version of PoE. That's when I realized the intelligence debuff power of hope (thought it might be legit news for a sec...).

Atmosphere is good. The new sountrack helps making it consistent.

There should be an animal rights protector as original playable character in this game. Braccus Rex is the greatest mammal torturer of the multiverse. With nothing else to do but putting pigs in flame, looks like he got really bored on this island. Fort Joy of animal's misery should be the name of the place. Original sin of animal's nuisance. The guy is a serial animal curser. Every little rodent have been cursed over there ! I got it Larian, Braccus is not a nice guy.

Last edited:

Niklasgunner

Savant
"Hey Larian summons in the first game made combat to easy"
"alright let's add summons that have double the HP of any enemies at an equivalent level and outdamage any of your player character attacks, gotcha fam :cool:"
Q3DGWeD.jpg

Murk

Arcane
Are there more tele pyramids than the two? I got both on Lady Vengeance after leaving Ft. Joy.
kinda obvious from the menu when you actually use any of them?

Haven't bothered yet tbh, and currently at work. Since I'm playing solo I haven't had much use for them since getting them, which was pretty recent. Anyway, nvm, was a dumb question.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
"Hey Larian summons in the first game made combat to easy"
"alright let's add summons that have double the HP of any enemies at an equivalent level and outdamage any of your player character attacks, gotcha fam :cool:"
Q3DGWeD.jpg
"But let's only allow one summon of any and all types at once, 'lest there'll be synergies between things like Summoning and Necromancy. That'd be too much."

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
The demon lady human companion's voice turns me on. Or a mixture of her voice/personality maybe. I'm not sure but it makes my penis shift when she talks. I don't get a semi but it starts the process. Its like a tease. Maybe a tease of what life would be like if I were married to pleasant lady instead of evil incarnate. I don't know, but her voice is pleasant and relaxing.
Did you see the pic of voice actress?

No, I haven't. But honestly, I have no desire to either. Good or bad she is voice actor with a pleasant voice and voice acting was an unnecessary and frivolous expense for this game.

Last edited:

KateMicucci

Arcane
You can't blame summoning for not synergizing with necromancy when necromancy doesn't even synergize with itself. Half the skills get a bonus from nearby corpses, and the other half destroy nearby corpses.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom