Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's the point, it was in a center of this entire multiclassing concept, now it's just pointless feature bloat.

Eh, not really. We knew about Empower before we knew how multiclassing was going to work and that it was going to work by leveraging the same underlying Power Source mechanic. The two things aren't really conceptually related in any way.

Empower is really just a sort of compensation to "grognards" for the loss of the first game's per-rest resources.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Update #40 - Multiclassing Part II
POSTED: 09/20/2017

Priest

• Berath - Can learn Decay spells from the druid list, cannot learn Condemnation spells. - Cannot multiclass with Bleak Walker, Kind Wayfarer, or Darcozzi paladins.
  • Eothas - Can learn Elemental spells from the druid list, cannot learn Protection spells. - Cannot multiclass with Bleak Walker paladins.
  • Magran - Can learn Fire spells from the wizard list, cannot learn Restoration spells. - Cannot multiclass with Shieldbearer, Kind Wayfarer, Goldpact, or Darcozzi paladins.
  • Skaen - Can learn rogue offensive abilities as priest spells, cannot learn Inspiration spells. - Cannot multiclass with Shieldbearer, Bleak Walker, Kind Wayfarer, or Darcozzi paladins.
  • Wael - Can learn Illusion spells from the wizard list, cannot learn Punishment spells. - Cannot multiclass with Shieldbeaer, Kind Wayfarer, or Goldpact paladins.
This is more interesting that I expected for Priests, as each devotion already takes from another class. I am, however, surprised about Eothas subclass. Particularly, the absence of protective spells. By implication, I wonder if the subclass is meant to be more of a damage dealer, especially with the Druid elemental spells. Not that I am complaining, since that is how I played my Priest of Eothas in PoE. Just now I lose the bullshit protection spells :(

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Why is Eothas's specialization Elemental spells? Isn't he the God or light/birth/dawn? Should be resto imo.
That is what I thought, but I guess that title would go to Hylea (the crazy bird lady).

With the elemental spells, it involves lightning and fire spells I suppose. Close enough?

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Anyone here willing to do the calculation of possible combinations?

nazare.gif

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Why is Eothas's specialization Elemental spells? Isn't he the God or light/birth/dawn? Should be resto imo.
That is what I thought, but I guess that title would go to Hylea (the crazy bird lady).

With the elemental spells, it involves lightning and fire spells I suppose. Close enough?

Maybe you're actually a Priest of Gaun, who represents "the cyclic nature of life and the seasons". :M

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
It makes sense in a way. The greater surprise is the lack of protective spells. Granted, depending on how Priest spells have changed and what Druid spells the subclass receives (Returning Storm pls), you could lay down some major pain.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Eothas seems like a god of everything - light, protection, mercy, hope, life and the cycle thereof, agriculture, the seasons, redemption, Jesus-ness, etc. Agriculture and the seasons should've been Hylea, while Berath should've been the cycle of life.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Lathander is just the god of vitality/renewal, youth and the dawn (not light). Not everything like Eothas.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Lathander is just the god of vitality/renewal, youth and the dawn (not light). Not everything like Eothas.

He's also the god of self-perfection, athleticism, birth, creativity and spring. He's not the god of light but he is an aspect of Amaunator who is the god of sunlight

jungl

Augur
The priest class always had stupid strong spells. Either the extreme of damage or protective that make hard fights easy. All these kits remind me of baldurs gate 2. With some being particularly op while others for certain classes being whatever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom