Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This is Reddit's idea of role-playing in Morrowind

polo

Magister
Also they don't even take in account lunch or snack in the afternoon before dinner. I mean, you are walking a lot, you need to eat your calories. Fuckin casuals.

Absinthe

Arcane
It's like larping inside a video game, playing pretend. TESfags are truly horrible creatures and morrowind was never good.
That's exactly what it is. It's just full-on LARPing. Come to think of it, Bethesda games pretty much rely on that kind of shit to make up for how lifeless and stale their games are. Bethesda doesn't really sell games as much as it sells the idea that if the playerbase themselves put in enough effort, they can pretend the game was fun.

Citizen

This thread and the 'roleplaying oblivion' article are just raping my gentle brain. I always just powergamed through DF and Morrowind, levitating around and carpet bombing ground targets with fireballs, i never thought about the amount of retardation of bethesdalarpers. I want to forget this thread.
:negative:

Kalon

Scholar
https://imgur.com/a/kSIOU
kSIOU

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
Also they don't even take in account lunch or snack in the afternoon before dinner. I mean, you are walking a lot, you need to eat your calories. Fuckin casuals.
And they don't go to the toilet.

I will pledge $1000 to the first AAA RPG game to add in realism 'poop and peepee' mechanics as well as the need to eat three meals a day and take breaks from walking every two hours because your legs are tired.

Kalon

Scholar
I will pledge $1000 to the first AAA RPG game to add in realism 'poop and peepee' mechanics as well as the need to eat three meals a day and take breaks from walking every two hours because your legs are tired.

The Necessities of Morrowind mod does just that -except for the pooping part. And it really does turn the game in a walking/eating simulator. You get a bazillion pop-up messages informing you that you are tired/hungry/thirsty all the time, and you spend the game taking naps and cooking.

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer

The Necessities of Morrowind mod does just that -except for the pooping part. And it really does turn the game in a walking/eating simulator. You get a bazillion pop-up messages informing you that you are tired/hungry/thirsty all the time, and you spend the game taking naps and cooking.

This is absolutely mind-boggling. I never knew there was a demand for mundane walking simulators like this.

Stella Brando

Arcane
My attempts to imagine I was a ranger were seriously diminished by the new alchemical system in Skyrim.

In Oblivion and Morrowind you could just carry a mortar and pestle into the wild.

In Skyrim you had to visit a grimdark sorceror's table with skulls and candles all over it.

Really broke my immersion.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Why are you reading reddit? Are you really that desperate for reposted cat pictures and ads posing as Q&A's and shit?

Kalon

Scholar
Why are you reading reddit? Are you really that desperate for reposted cat pictures and ads posing as Q&A's and shit?

I just browse the /r/Morrowind subreddit. Although it is indeed mostly reposts of reposts of things that have already been reposted to death on other websites, includind /r/Morrowind. Also, I like to rage over reading how people have fun wrong.

MilesBeyond

Cipher
reddit is like 4chan (and, come to think of it, the Dex. And really every website). Most of it is shit, but there are a few pockets here and there that make it worthwhile. Most of the "ask" subs are pretty decent, r/askhistorians in particular is pretty great. Many niche communities can be decent. And, if you're like me and have a weird thing for unironically shitty memes, the website is a gold mine. I can't help myself. It's like a train wreck, you can't look away...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom