Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Codexian Game Development Thread

Yeah, I think it does require some additional touches. Maybe call your gnomes "jews" and your orcs "niggers" and you should net at least some publicity.

Alchemist

Arcane
Thanks guys, also another question. I've been experimenting with 'shock advertising', how does this sound:

Sacrifice children to evil cults, marry a horse, genocide an entire gnome village, exterminate a town’s population of peaceful orcs, torture prisoners for information, rape and pillage after winning a siege, make your very own half-orc bastard offspring then abandon him or even murder him.
None of that sounds all that shocking, to be honest. More like a childish gimmick. I'd suggest don't use shock value as a marketing tactic, it has very limited mileage and people see right through it as trying too hard.

Just include the stuff you want in the game, and if people are gonna get shocked or outraged, it will happen organically.

Nice avatar choice, by the way. A fellow AD&D fan?
I uploaded these 1E black & white avatars a while back.

Lexx

Cipher
Oh shit, people. I've just commited update number 900 to my repository server. The first ever commit to that repo happened on May 17th, 2010. I can't even remember that day. Just like anyone else, back then I thought I could finish this shit in a year or so. Now look at that underestimation.

0c44ayS.png

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I'm still working on my skeleton dungeon game. Here is a screenshot from the current build.
x9w1HvM.png

Only the basics are implemented now, you can set traps which will be triggered by enemies and reset automatically. A lot of the graphics have been changed since the earlier version because I wasn't happy with them. This is an old screenshot for comparison;
Xatwgov.png
Also I changed the skeleton into a skeleton butler cuz skeleton butlers are cool. The working title for the game is, imaginitively, "Skeleton Butler."

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Darn, for a second there I was hoping we could change outfits and play Barbies. Screenshots look great.

I could add costume swapping if people wanted it, it would be easy to implement. Butler suit, prince suit, sexy skeleton lingerie suit, etc.

Self-Ejected

supervoid

Self-Ejected
Stuff:

I think Atomic Wrangler one has some pure blue pixels I forgot to remove, but other than signs should should work as frm and fofrm (open it in gimp and save layer separatelly). Big roofs are for fonline, they need normal roof tiles underneath for transparency effect. I'm to lazy too cut those in milion pieces.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
We're currently designing characters for our next project. Just a quick sketch of private eye from our artist:
grhgYRkAV4g.jpg

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
So I finally learned how to make a real weapon swing sprite sheet. There's a YouTube channel by DucVu FX. Dude's Vietnamese, doesn't like speaking in his videos, so you really have to follow what he's doing on screen. I paid him a dollar on Patreon and got access to a bunch of his stuff. The first two are some examples that he gives. The blue swing is one that I made after watching his videos, rewinding, pausing, and watching again until I figured it out.

GreenOnBlack.gif
FireBlack.gif
LightningSwing_Black.gif

Mine's a bit of a mess by comparison, but after working on this for two days, I have about 10 good particle effects that are much better than the crap I had been wasting my time on before.

Lexx

Cipher
Stuff:

I think Atomic Wrangler one has some pure blue pixels I forgot to remove, but other than signs should should work as frm and fofrm (open it in gimp and save layer separatelly). Big roofs are for fonline, they need normal roof tiles underneath for transparency effect. I'm to lazy too cut those in milion pieces.

What FOnline game is this for?

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Just made this. I wanted to make some kind of attack effect for the wolves that you can fight for your first couple of levels. I think this version may not fit in with the theme of my game, or the intended difficulty of the wolves.

ClawSlashBlack.gif

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just made this. I wanted to make some kind of attack effect for the wolves that you can fight for your first couple of levels. I think this version may not fit in with the theme of my game, or the intended difficulty of the wolves.

ClawSlashBlack.gif
You might want that bloody flaring thing to appear from the start alongwith the stroke.

Lexx

Cipher
I don't feel motivated to open my own thread just yet, so I just keep putting stuff in here...

I am looking for a motivated writer who would like to help me out with a few things: I require a holodisk that explains the background of the location shown down below. Log-book style by a group of super mutants. It doesn't have to be super long.. about 250 words should cover it. If anyone feels interested, I'll share more information via PM.

Other than that, I am looking for someone who is interested in writing a couple short to medium-sized dialogues for one of the remaining main locations that are still left to do. There's just a few guidelines, other than that creativity can flow freely. Again, I'll share more information via PM.

kg74Xzn.png

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't feel motivated to open my own thread just yet, so I just keep putting stuff in here...

I am looking for a motivated writer who would like to help me out with a few things: I require a holodisk that explains the background of the location shown down below. Log-book style by a group of super mutants. It doesn't have to be super long.. about 250 words should cover it. If anyone feels interested, I'll share more information via PM.

Other than that, I am looking for someone who is interested in writing a couple short to medium-sized dialogues for one of the remaining main locations that are still left to do. There's just a few guidelines, other than that creativity can flow freely. Again, I'll share more information via PM.

kg74Xzn.png
sser or maybe Chris Avellone if you're really lucky.

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
When my character walks behind a building, the camera will end up inside the building, or you can't see the character, or other bad stuff happens. It was annoying. Careful level design could prevent most of that I suppose, but I also kind of like the ability to look around and zoom in and out, which would ruin any attempts to keep obstacles away from the camera. So I did this:

HideOccluderTest.gif

You can give the meshes a tag for whether or not they should switch to translucent so that you don't have trees, fences, and lampposts disappearing as you walk around. Next I need to make a way to click through transparent buildings. And somewhere on my to-do list I'll have to put some floors inside my buildings so that you don't just see the ground mesh when the building disappears.

And if I ever end up with too much time on my hands, I could put Easter eggs inside buildings. It could be something as simple as naked people walking around inside their houses or something like that.

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Also, I improved the timing during combat and added some of the new particle effects I've been working on:

NewParticlesTest.gif

Also, the health and experience bars get drawn to the HUD instead of in the game world's foreground. I finally had to make the switch (which I had been putting off) because the depth-of-field blur that I added (you can see it past the gates there) was blurring out stuff in the foreground too. Now that those indicators draw directly to the HUD, I can align them perfectly horizontally.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Does anyone know of an easy documentation creation tool, where you can have collapsible sections, you know, the ones that start with + sign, you click on it, it expands?

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
shihonage I think the documentation options entirely depend on the editor and language you're using. Or are we not talking about programming here?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom