Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Niklasgunner

Savant
I really want to like the game, exploration and combat is fun, but it is so hilariously broken and unbalanced that I just feel really empty after being so hyped for it. After discovering just how overpowered summoning is I kinda just gave up, even tactician feels easy now. Combat drags on without being a challange. I could of course stop using summons, but intentionally gimping myself to have something of a challenge makes me dislike the game even more

tripedal

Augur
So I restarted and played a couple of hours. First time around I didn't have anyone who could pickpocket. Big mistake. Kinda feels like the game is designed based on the assumption that you'll steal everything.

Also polymorph is awesome.

Jezal_k23

Another suggestion about the armor system: if an enemy has armor, let a percentage of damage get through armor. Also, like I said before, chance for effects to be applied should increase as armor decreases. I think combining these 2 changes would make it more satisfying.

Sentinel

Arcane
This has total modding support right? Surprised no one has released a mod that reworks the armor system yet.

Niklasgunner

Savant
While I don't mind being able to freely respec combat abilities, letting players respec civic skills is stupid. There is nothing stopping the player from completely abusing this system. If you fail a persuasion check with one character or want to rob someone again, you just drop a pyramid, teleport back to the ship, respec however you see fit and go back right where you were in less than a minute.
You don't need to put points in barter anyway, you can just wait until you have a bunch of stuff you don't want, respec and sell your shit, repeat.

Jezal_k23

Another suggestion about the armor system: if an enemy has armor, let a percentage of damage get through armor. Also, like I said before, chance for effects to be applied should increase as armor decreases. I think combining these 2 changes would make it more satisfying.

Or, to add onto this, their armor system works, but enemies were never meant to have hilariously bloated stats, and therefore they messed up tactician.

Murk

Arcane
I tried out classic using similar build as before and it's wayyyy easier. In tactician I had to be careful of most of the fights and often had to be 1 level higher than the enemies. In classic I run in and just win due to superior damage.

In terms of skills/tactics, it's a bit hard to read since enemies die much easier, but the major one I've noticed is enemy rangers don't use as many arrows. Otherwise they seem to still use the usual skills/buffs/debuffs.

If it stays as easy as the fort joy area has been I'll probably revert back to Tactician.

edit: Played more and tactician mode definitely has more skills/items being used. Windego used meteor storm every fith I had with her in tactician, but on classic after like 9 rounds she didn't use it (just used fossil strike, burning blaze, and fireball + regular attacks.)

I'm going back to tactician.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
For the first time I see multi-quoting fails so miserable, with such consequences. Learned the lesson.

- The narrator. P. annoying, especially voiced. I mean, I kind of li doesn't like it at times, but mostly it's an annoyance the way it's structured in the dialogue system
Noice of narrator was irritating so much, I turned it off first.
I think most irritation comes from his age - to me it sounds as young voice, of man of ~30 years.
If instead it would be voice of mature man, maybe even old man, it will fix the problem - it fits the role of Father, and oldsers associated usuall with expierience (fits perfectly for RPG) they have, so less irritating when constatly he telling how this and that. At least for me it will work 100%. I'm not going to listen to some thirty years sucker you know.
:troll:

Anyone else annoyed with quest about woman looking for her child? I got that quest and all the time looked for its grave or anything, I even tried to give the doll she gave us to dog, thought he may sniff her.
It's either bugged, or cleverly hidden.
I'm sure that it's not the proper ending when you tell her she is dead. It gives no exp as far as I know, and in Larian games it means it's a worst solution.
Given the doll, we have two variants - some spirit talking we aquire, or someone who will do this for us.
I'll plan to explore Act I in details even if that will took week, and we will see.
Just started playing. Jesus, the new Physical/Magical armor system is fucking :decline:
It is just a shock, just breathe, take a blanket, your feet are cold.

Taunt doesn't work at all. Tried around 20~ times beceause of 1 point that always remains when using Incarnate.
IT DIDN'T WORK A SINGLE TIME.
Did your char by the chance lack Persuation skill? :D This game has its shia labeouf magic.jpg - I won't be surprised if turned out you need Persuation in order Taunt to work.

For some reason, despite me clearing all things up, which give me level 5, despite putting nearly all points into intelligence, I still fail that check.
Such checks doesn't work if you don't have Persuation - bugger or designed that way.

How did crocodile fit the gloves in the first place
He swallowed it obviously.

I really want to like the game, exploration and combat is fun, but it is so hilariously broken and unbalanced that I just feel really empty after being so hyped for it. After discovering just how overpowered summoning is I kinda just gave up, even tactician feels easy now. Combat drags on without being a challange. I could of course stop using summons, but intentionally gimping myself to have something of a challenge makes me dislike the game even more
I saw letsplay by Pope Amole through summoner - looks like absolutely OP, and in my eyes boring to play.
Try solo, only not summoner solo - if this won't help, then nothing help. I think you'll await balancing from Larian for ages.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I didn't meet any guardians in Withermore's tomb, but I went straight for the correct jar, because I remember the hint from our conversation.

Do the guardians only appear if you break one of the wrong jars?

Shadenuat

Arcane
Saw enemy archer shoot water barrel to remove flaming area that I made using fireball on his ally.
Terrible move tactically - wasting AP on something that does so little damage, - but the fact that it can do that is very impressive, if that's intended behavior.

I tried out classic using similar build as before and it's wayyyy easier.
Enjoy local Deep Roads!

I really wonder how do 2 guys where you find pyramid look on Tactician. 1000 hp and 1000 armor each on level 8?
and the Starshep Troopers bugs with 2000 magic armor each : D D

jesus why does every second NPC in act 2 carries relic items. it's so terrible, I don't remember it that bad in DOS1. if anything I remember crafting and leveling up my equipment more there than constantly buying shit.

Last edited:

ukdouble1

Educated
Does anyone know how to get here? (Fort Joy, Braccus tower)
braxx.jpg

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
GM Mode seems nice. I would love more than 4 players for that. No need to limit to 4+1 GM.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I restarted on Tactician (bad idea, gf mad lol) and enjoying myself more somehow. Not finding a big problem with the armor changes. Rerolled an undead knight and Fane again (cos he got le mask)
Breezing through Fort Joy now

Sjukob

Arcane
If you think Red Prince is arrogant wait till you meet Meister and Malady . Why do women have to be the most vile characters ? There is Dallis as well ...

Actually I noticed a problem with dialogues in this game , when I tell somebody to fuck off I want them to fuck off , not keep talking to me .

Perkel

Arcane
Does this time it has good stat system or it also is mess like OS1 ? I loved OS1 gameplay but i hated stat system and randomized weapons/armor loot.

Vibalist

Arcane
Does anyone know how to get here? (Fort Joy, Braccus tower)
braxx.jpg

If you exit Braccus' Tower and go back to the maze area (the area where you need the skulls to unlock the doors), there should be some portals with gargoyle statues hanging over them. I think these portals lead to that area.

Sjukob

Arcane
Actually I noticed a problem with dialogues in this game , when I tell somebody to fuck off I want them to fuck off , not keep talking to me
Beast does it better than me
ex8Dzo8.jpg
Wish I was able to talk like that to the gods .

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Huntsman skill giving you high-ground bonus is grate. Too bad the first thing bad guys do is they teleport/bumrush en masse my ranger and start wailing on him angrily so I have to withdraw on the second turn anyway. Muh advanced combat AI.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Does this time it has good stat system or it also is mess like OS1 ? I loved OS1 gameplay but i hated stat system and randomized weapons/armor loot.
The stat system is effectively completely neutered, and they mostly add straight to damage in a predictable and unengaging fashion, with the mechanical depth of a wet blanket. Probably on of the few things in the game that are objectively unmitigated decline.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Inb4 Larian games turn into the equivalent of Oscar bait, a predictable formula that gives off the illusion of depth, but it's actually as deep as a typical Facebook proverb, with the intent of gaining the adoration and sycophantism (and sales) of a particular group of people that are perceived to be prestigious. Although I'm not sure what that group is or who this game is for.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom