Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Ulfhednar

Savant
How do dual wield, two-handed, and sword&board compare?
Dual wield seems best for maximum damage output.
Not too sure regarding two handed... differences between swords/maces and staves, so ?
Sword and board makes you tanky, and shield throw is a fun ability.

Seethe

Arbiter
Kinky stuff

-Got kissed by a necromancer, mouthful of locusts...
-drinked (?) source fluid that just puked by a half elf -half demon chick , no regrets!
-got kissed by a spider for a shitty talent

Too much childishness, game sucks. Too much mature content, game sucks. You can never win with Codex autists.

mature content

In order: Necrophilia, something similiar to coprpohilia, zoofilia.
That's how we see maturity these days? Deviation?

I tried to write a proper reaction to your moronic strawmen, but I deleted my post three times before hitting the button. The truth is I'd rather not comment upon it, and hope that it was just a shitty bait.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
Shield is good for anybody you want to be a utility guy rather than a damage guy.
Disagree, my tank does quite a damage. But the shield is the most fearsome weapon. I don't know how it scales, but the better shield the better damage from throwing shield skill. Looted good shield and now at level 6 I do 100~ dmg with it. On a single target, 200 on both.

Murk

Arcane
Anyone tried a sword-n-board reflect build ala Kult: Heretic Kingdoms?

There seems to be some interesting potential there, and with the ability to regen armor values with the shield ability, I could see it being viable with a bit of support from geomancy and hydrosophistry (more armor regen).

BTW fortify = immune to teleport, so while abstract magic armor the stat doesn't guard against it the more literal magic armor from the spell does.

KateMicucci

Arcane
In order: Necrophilia, something similiar to coprophilia, zoofilia.
I'm not a fan of all the degenerate sex stuff in this game either. Everyone is either a fag or a lez. My girl has had three women try to shove their tongues down her throat. So far she hasn't attracted any male attention at all - not that I want it, just saying. It's honestly verging on bioware-tier.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I helped a woman with disease, cured her with First Aid spell. She didn't react and still says she's sick, despite change of status.
:rpgcodex:
Same thing happened to me. I don't know if it's possible to help her at all, could be just an npc placed there for flavor. Or it could be a buggy quest.

I don't think she want to be helped. First she expressively asked me to let her be, and she happens to sell necromancy skillbook. Something tells me that bulbonic plague might be her favorite condition...
You can
bless the woman, but she'll attack you if you heal her.
Interesting. I never thought about healing her, just curing her.

BTW, I reached the talking heads and the chest this evening. Great fun. :D

Last edited:

Sentinel

Arcane
this game is full of magic.
And creative combat arts.

I've just encountered a new book for a warrior. A beauty, whirlwind. Wanted to do such things since the beginning.
Guess what? Warfare skills benefit from strength... do they?

Beceause, as we all know, the most finesse thing one can do is circle around with weapon at great speed while roaring.

At this point I don't know if that's a joke or just a bug :smug:

19jC25wF3mqWGUZBwZ6x6VmDIdW-qSL6bFA1kMj64OfedQlMN28IIYNRuX51BcEXCRhnRX8GI24EAKw=w1680-h920
doesn't scaling depend on the weapon you have equipped? I think if you have a staff it will start scaling with INT

Murk

Arcane
From the description of 'piercing' I assume he has a spear, which I think does scale with Finesse.

Try it with a hammer or axe?

Shadenuat

Arcane
Dual wield has most potential but you will need to constantly update 2-4-...8 weapons in party. 2 handed is less effective but does good damage. 1 handed is bad but shield makes up for it. However, fact is you can be Captain America without any weapons (obviously) since Shield Throw is just a level based feat. Like can use a wand and throw shield.

Last edited:

Arkeus

Arcane
And it's fucking weird, to. Nothing else appears to get a capstone, and most of the benefits of increasing high are pretty shit. When I first started playing, I didn't even realize that you could raise it above 5 until I stopped and read the Summoning description, and only then was I "Wait, wut?".
Where is the description? All my summoning skill says in the charsheet is the usual +5% to stats per level.

Malpercio

Arcane
Kinky stuff

-Got kissed by a necromancer, mouthful of locusts...
-drinked (?) source fluid that just puked by a half elf -half demon chick , no regrets!
-got kissed by a spider for a shitty talent

Too much childishness, game sucks. Too much mature content, game sucks. You can never win with Codex autists.

mature content

In order: Necrophilia, something similiar to coprophilia, zoofilia.

You are taking this shit too seriously, sex in Larian stuff was always wacky. Unless you thought the Skelton sex with Fane was actually meant to be erotic.

I'm surprised the game even has "proper" romances now with some NPCs.

KateMicucci

Arcane
From the description of 'piercing' I assume he has a spear, which I think does scale with Finesse.

Piercing means damage that ignores armor and goes straight to HP. Has nothing to do with spears.

Where is the description? All my summoning skill says in the charsheet is the usual +5% to stats per level.
At level 10 your incarnate gets bigger.

Murk

Arcane

Piercing means damage that ignores armor and goes straight to HP. Has nothing to do with spears.

Interesting, I thought it was damage type, but I haven't used any poking weapons yet so my B.

But spears do in fact scale with finesse, that much I remember from the Spear of Braccus Rex -- though I could not tell from the cropped screenshot what weapon he was using.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Dual wield has most potential but you will need to constantly update 2-4-...8 weapons in party. 2 handed is less effective but does good damage. 1 handed is bad but shield makes up for it. However, fact is you can be Captain America without any weapons (obviously) since Shield Throw is just a level based feat. Like can use a wand and throw shield.

Shield Throw is based on physical armor isn't it?

KateMicucci

Arcane
You are taking this shit too seriously, sex in Larian stuff was always wacky. Unless you thought the Skelton sex with Fane was actually meant to be erotic.
The tone of OS2 hardly resembles previous Larian games. Multiple characters have licked my girl's face, bit her ear, forced her to kiss them, etc. That stuff didn't come off as "wacky", it just made me uncomfortable. If that was the writers' intention then they did a good job.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
And it's fucking weird, to. Nothing else appears to get a capstone, and most of the benefits of increasing high are pretty shit. When I first started playing, I didn't even realize that you could raise it above 5 until I stopped and read the Summoning description, and only then was I "Wait, wut?".
Skill page, Conjure Incarnate. "When your Summoning bla bla reaches 10".

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Also, completely serapate issue but anyone else pissed you can only have one summong, even if it's from a different source? Expected Necromancy/Summoning to be a nice mix, but 'lo and behold, you cannot have an Incarnate and one of the exploding-risen-corpse-shit up at the same time, and the Incarnate will always be better.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
what the fuck? :retarded:
i was fighting some dog all turn based like, when a guard on patrol passes us by in real time. :retarded:
what the fuck is this shit? is this real? is this how combat works in this game? people/animals/monsters actually waiting for their opponents to take their turn??? :retarded:

Beggar

Cipher
24 hours into the game, somehow equipment of my party members mixes up, few of my equipped items are invisible, inventory selection is jumping from one item to another in line - can't use inventory. I guess that's the end of my journey :hero:

Fry

Arcane
Not reading this thread because you fucks spoil everything, but game is pretty good. Writing has advanced slightly from shit-tier.

Actually felt a little guilty about my paltry $25 support and gave them $15 for the soundtrack.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Over at the Larian forums, hiver has diligently discovered that the differences between classic and non-bloated tactician are minimal at best. http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=611084&page=9

Ive been playing Classic and Tactician with removed bloat whole day.

The differences are either non existent or minimal.

Crocs are completely same in both, Turtles are the same, Poisoned frogs in the cave are the same and the fight in Prison is completely the same. Same numbers of enemies, same level, same stats, same skills and the same Ai behavior. The only difference are those buffed stats of armor, damage and HP.
Im just about to go fight the guardians in Withermore soul jar tomb on Classic to see if there is any difference there compared to Tactician (with bloat removed), but ive been at it all day so i need to take a break, maybe even sleep.

Ive only noticed that the first two voidwoken on the beach have an additional "vampiric" ability, which of course doesnt mean anything in that case because they just life steal a point or two.

The rare differences seem to be just those additional abilities, usually just one. I presume i will see those in other fights further on, but it isnt applied to every enemy group or encounter. Even when it is, most likely its a single ability or "aura" that just buffs the same basic three stats even more, or something that doesnt make a big difference.

A reminder of what was promised:

$700,000 Stretch Goal: Strategist Mode

Akin to Divinity: Original Sin- Enhanced Edition's Tactician Mode, Original Sin 2 will feature a brand new difficulty called Strategist Mode. Rest assured this difficulty tier will consist of much more than a simple numbers game. Yes, your enemies will hit harder, but that is far from all! Each and every fight in the game will be redesigned for Strategist Mode so that enemies are smarter, often come in greater numbers and use a host of skills and tactics they won't use in lower difficulty modes. If we reach this stretch goal, the fights in Original Sin 2 will receive this epic treatment from the get-go.

Perhaps it would have been better to own up to failing to implement their first stretch goal and just call the top difficulty "Hard."

Shadenuat

Arcane
Well concidering diabloesque nature of the game and padding made up of copy pasted encounters it's an unreal stretch goal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom