Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Everspace - a rogue-like PC space shooter

ArchAngel

Arcane
Damn, the grind. You warp in, 3 Okarsomething Fighters drop on you. Now fly around looking for scrap and nanobots... Afterwards you buy 1/4 of an upgrade and repeat... Lolno.

Rather I am gonna try to like Freelancer...
That is your life for first 5 to 10 restarts. After 20 restarts you start bringing back 15k + credits per run

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Damn, the grind. You warp in, 3 Okarsomething Fighters drop on you. Now fly around looking for scrap and nanobots... Afterwards you buy 1/4 of an upgrade and repeat... Lolno.

Rather I am gonna try to like Freelancer...
there is no such thing as grind as long as the grind can kill you. it's only grind when it becomes boring simple.

Nirvash

Liturgist
Something is truly wrong about the mouse control.

Ok, i played freelancer ages and ages ago but i don't remember any of this bullshit "overolling", it was actually comfy.

I don't get it, maybe this game is way faster?

Unwanted

Janise

Unwanted
Try lowest gfx setting, tick 'system mouse' (or dont tick, i dont remember which makes sensitivity a working setting...) and set sensitivity to 0.1. See if it becomes usable.

edit

Tried to get Freelancer to work on Win 10. Internet says it should work. I crash with the iMMERSION nocd at

0x6D942E84 pop ebp apphelp.6D942E84
0x6D942E85 ret 0x14 apphelp.6D942E85
0x065C2138 test eax, eax dalib.065C2138
0x065C213A je 0x65c215f dalib.065C213A
0x065C213C push ebx <dalib.sub_65C213C>
0x065C213D push 0xd4 dalib.065C213D
0x065C2142 call dword ptr [0x65ca0b4] dalib.065C2142
0x00000000 ???

With dalib being the devs own shit dll, and dalib.065C2142 being an exported function CriticalWarning(). Probably some Win 10 app compatibility fuckery. Fuck it, nop away the call. And
---------------------------
Freelancer Fatal Error
Freelancer did not detect a 3D capable video card in your system.
If you have a 3D capable video card installed please try rebooting. You may need to reinstall the game.
OK

Ah, too tired to fix this shit. Go f ur self. Uninstalled.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Try lowest gfx setting, tick 'system mouse' (or dont tick, i dont remember which makes sensitivity a working setting...) and set sensitivity to 0.1. See if it becomes usable.

edit

Tried to get Freelancer to work on Win 10. Internet says it should work. I crash with the iMMERSION nocd at

0x6D942E84 pop ebp apphelp.6D942E84
0x6D942E85 ret 0x14 apphelp.6D942E85
0x065C2138 test eax, eax dalib.065C2138
0x065C213A je 0x65c215f dalib.065C213A
0x065C213C push ebx <dalib.sub_65C213C>
0x065C213D push 0xd4 dalib.065C213D
0x065C2142 call dword ptr [0x65ca0b4] dalib.065C2142
0x00000000 ???

With dalib being the devs own shit dll, and dalib.065C2142 being an exported function CriticalWarning(). Probably some Win 10 app compatibility fuckery. Fuck it, nop away the call. And
Freelancer Fatal Error
Freelancer did not detect a 3D capable video card in your system.
If you have a 3D capable video card installed please try rebooting. You may need to reinstall the game.
OK

Ah, too tired to fix this shit. Go f ur self. Uninstalled.
you uninstalled the wrong software.

circ

Arcane
Tried to get Freelancer to work on Win 10.
:lol:
(works flawlessly on Win7)
Lul flawlessly. Well it's been a few months since I last tried so details are fuzzy as a hirsute turkish man's bush. You had to dick around with widescreen stuff. That initially wasn't so bad but that broke the interface and even after a fix you couldn't see all of it. Ok actually a widescreen problem but who isn't widescreening these days grampa. It kept crashing I think after landing on Philadelphia(?) or lifting off. Once or twice, but went ok after that. Then it crashed every single time trying to leave California and I just got tired of that shit.

Aildrik

Savant
Finally finished the storyline. Very fun game, although punishing early on. It gets a lot easier when you unlock more loadouts, get better blueprints, etc. I was hoping more content would unlock after the main storyline is completed. The HIVE AI makes it sound like once you finish the main storyline and get to the lab again, there are more places to go but sadly the game just ends there and you do more runs :( Was worth the $$$. Hoping to see more content in the future! If you enjoyed X-Wing back in the day, you should love this game.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Finally finished the storyline. Very fun game, although punishing early on. It gets a lot easier when you unlock more loadouts, get better blueprints, etc. I was hoping more content would unlock after the main storyline is completed. The HIVE AI makes it sound like once you finish the main storyline and get to the lab again, there are more places to go but sadly the game just ends there and you do more runs :( Was worth the $$$. Hoping to see more content in the future! If you enjoyed X-Wing back in the day, you should love this game.
Not true. You need to finish multiple runs to truly finish the game. And get to fight the boss.

Severian Silk

I am looking forward to getting this game when the price goes down.

Aildrik

Savant
Not true. You need to finish multiple runs to truly finish the game. And get to fight the boss.

See question below; I believe I beat the final boss. Let me know if I am mistaken.
I fought Admiral Groc outside the lab where you need to launch missiles at his capital ship. You hit his ship a few times and it self destructs, taking out the lab. After this, if you make it to the lab again, your clone says something about the wreckage of the battle and the AI just says something about places beyond and then the run ends.

I also obtained all of the DNA fragments so that my clones have a full lifespan. As far as I can tell, once you do all of this, the runs just end after you reach the sector where the lab used to be.
Is there more storyline beyond this?

ArchAngel

Arcane

See question below; I believe I beat the final boss. Let me know if I am mistaken.
I fought Admiral Groc outside the lab where you need to launch missiles at his capital ship. You hit his ship a few times and it self destructs, taking out the lab. After this, if you make it to the lab again, your clone says something about the wreckage of the battle and the AI just says something about places beyond and then the run ends.

I also obtained all of the DNA fragments so that my clones have a full lifespan. As far as I can tell, once you do all of this, the runs just end after you reach the sector where the lab used to be.
Is there more storyline beyond this?
That is it. But if you play on hardest difficulty, all that is not easy.

Aildrik

Savant
Right. I think the options for difficulty was a great move. There is certainly quite a bit of content from start to finish and of course, plenty of replay value. I was thinking of doing some runs where I attack the Grady and Brunt ships, etc. I love the space combat sim genre; I don't think I have had as much fun with a game since the old Wing Commander days.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Right. I think the options for difficulty was a great move. There is certainly quite a bit of content from start to finish and of course, plenty of replay value. I was thinking of doing some runs where I attack the Grady and Brunt ships, etc. I love the space combat sim genre; I don't think I have had as much fun with a game since the old Wing Commander days.
For me I have not had this much fun since Rebel Galaxy. And that one had a better soundtrack as well.

Naraya

Arcane

A spiritual sequel to Freelancer on Everspace engine would be a dream come true for me. The steering, the movement, the controls just feel SO comfortable (KBM) and dogfights are quite enjoyable as well.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Really? I can't take more than about fifteen minutes before the live. die. repeat gets to me.

Having much more fun blasting shit to hell in Rebel Galaxy.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Really? I can't take more than about fifteen minutes before the live. die. repeat gets to me.

Gameplay is more fun in this game. But Rebel Galaxy has that constant upgrade grind that is also fun. Its combat can also be fun if you prefer slower capital ship combat instead.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

That's because you have highly refined tastes. Also, a spiritual sequel to Rebel Galaxy should be incoming within a year.

Reapa

Doom Preacher

That's because you have highly refined tastes. Also, a spiritual sequel to Rebel Galaxy should be incoming within a year.
freelancer is refined taste. rebel galaxy is crap.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom