Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Piranha Bytes Proposal (subforum) of 2017

Should we have Piranha Bytes subforum? (like he whose name we don't say has acquired recently)

• Yes

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • No

Votes: 17 43.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr. Eko

Novice
As I usually like to visit General RPG discussion to see new posts about few RPGs that I'm interested in I simply must propose following:

Make separate subforum for Piranhy Bytes games, I plead politely.

I mean, FFS, Cleve-almostoneexlusivegame-Blakemore gets his subforum for his diamond in a very rough (for now) but Piranha Bytes gets tag and good riddance with that. If betards and biotards have their cousy lounge, and very recently Cleve for his exclusive, surely Piranha can have it's own lounge. Beside their 6 games to date, with 7. to get released soon (which the unnamed one is yet to reach), there is quite strong and vibrant modding community for most of their games (same as in the last bracket). With gothic games being the most targeted for modding. With total re-works of game (for example mod "History of Khorinis" with full voice acting and practicaly full game by itself based in Gothic universe, etc.) to total graphics overhauls (L'hiver, Directx11 and other stuff) and also much love (and hate) towards those games here I think that those reasons by themselves are enough, so I plead politely to the most beloved Staff® +M
Let other retards have fun in their sand box too <3

I cast poll for that purpose, so people can have a say.

edit: Not to mention the enormous hype train regarding their yet to be released game, Elex. People are really getting on that train. Really.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How about getting rid of the Spiderweb Software subforum instead?

A much higher priority should be to move MP Gaming threads back into their ghetto. Codex Playground is a mess.

If you want threads moved somewhere, report them.

hello friend

Arcane
It would have to be done on the regular. As far as I know, it's only the way it is now because people weren't getting enough players for their games posted in the MP Gaming subforum. In the questionable belief that those who were interested in joining games were able to find the Codex Playground, but not capable of finding the subforum, someone requested that threads posted in MP Gaming showed up in Codex Playground as well - thus making the whole subforum redundant. Last I checked the multiplayer gaming threads are still intermingled with the let's plays. I used to 'watch forum' on the Playground but with all the spam of new PBEM games being started up all the time I stopped doing that.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It would have to be done on the regular. As far as I know, it's only the way it is now because people weren't getting enough players for their games posted in the MP Gaming subforum. In the questionable belief that those who were interested in joining games were able to find the Codex Playground, but not capable of finding the subforum, someone requested that threads posted in MP Gaming showed up in Codex Playground as well - thus making the whole subforum redundant. Last I checked the multiplayer gaming threads are still intermingled with the let's plays. I used to 'watch forum' on the Playground but with all the spam of new PBEM games being started up all the time I stopped doing that.

Oh, that. They're not really IN the Playground forum. They're just mirrored there.

Talk to DarkUnderlord about that.

HeroicBloodshed

Learned
Opening a new subforum would be a headache for DU. He needs people assigned to moderate/take responsibility for it, make sure it doesn't trigger rpgcodex autists, blah blah blah.

You should create an actual proposal like: Dear DarkUnderlord, I am very passionate about the dark arts. If you were to make such a subforum I would be happy to moderate it. I would ensure that such a subforum meets the high standards set by other rpgcodex subfora. I believe that such a subforum would attract non-adblocking new members and be very popular with existing members. If the subforum becomes a mess or fails to generate high quality discussion you may delete it and pound my ass.

Even then its unlikely he will make a subforum for a few dated rpgs that have already been talked to death here.

btw piranha btyes have been shit for like 10+ years.

tarkin

Augur
Wasteland 2
Piranha Bytes subforum? What a great idea. Btw i can't wait for the next year's Summer Olympic Games in Athens, it's gonna be great and all the people who said they won't make it will eat their words.

Kitchen Utensil

If anything, we should just rename the entire forum into "RPGELEX" since nothing will be worthy of discussion anymore once ELEX is out.

This appears to me to be both the most reasonable and most practical approach.
Do it!

Kahr

In the future the arbitrary term RPG will die out and be replaced by the more accurate term ELEX.
"Is Deus Ex even a true ELEX?"
"I like to play Dungeons and Dragons with my friends; it's my favorite ELEX."
"Final Fantasy is a JELEX."

Mr. Eko

Novice
:incline:
Yup, the hype is real and many votes were casted for creation of PB subforum. Elex is real.+M
Well you might be right Jaesun but it would be nice to have all PB threads in one place only one click away not clogged with all other threads and with forthcoming of elexsend Elex to our realm there will be nice little threads discussing all kinds of aspects of this miracle called Elex (with god... I mean, Elex prime having divine plans for Elex 2 already). And as I mentioned in this thread already: if unnamed one can have his own subforum I don't see problem popping one subforum for PB games backed by reasons mentioned earlier and people having shown interest in having one sandbox of their own they can call home.

Now, rest is in the hands of you, the so beloved Staff®, and dark magic alike. Let the Elex prime show you the true light of your dark skills in your warm and cousy hearts.
:love:

SlamDunk

Arcane
After ending my 10-year absence on this forum, I was quite stumped to see that there was no Piranha Bytes subforum.

I'll hereby claim the 23rd Yes-vote.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom