Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I use taunt on a git.

Taunted git walks away from the taunting dude and launches an iceball at another one.

JKsDCgV.gif

yeah happened to me too dunno wot dats about

EDIT: And yes it penetrated, his status said "Taunted" and he had no armor

KateMicucci

Arcane
Three of my guys have Opportunist. I sometimes have my little Jenkins summon taunt an enemy and then run through everybody. The tauntee chases and gets hit by an AoO three times.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
It did in fact penetrate through his earplugs.

In fact, it was two gits taunted...

... and both just fucked off God knows where

i dunno with this game men

playing it with the same bro with whom i coop'd both the original and the EE, and so far the most we do is rant about stupid/broken things

KateMicucci

Arcane
The other possibility is that another enemy cast a buff on him that removed the status, or he already had such a buff and the effects cancelled out.

Arkeus

Arcane
Anyone else annoyed with quest about woman looking for her child? I got that quest and all the time looked for its grave or anything, I even tried to give the doll she gave us to dog, thought he may sniff her.
Turned out when I was 100% with the fort joy location, that that quest could only be done by telling her, that her child is death.
That was so... unexpected. Like, That was the least effort quest I've seen in RPGs for years. What was the point of it?
Philosophical concept of evanescence?
Wouldn't there be a better option than that? like using a ghost vision spell or something to talk to the girl?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Tje first voidwoken fight in the swamp kicked ny butt.

This is better on a fresher mind, i think i will just sleep it off for now

The one with the big lizard thingy that keeps taunting you with "OH... IT'S YOU... VERMIN"?

Hardest fight in Act 1 IMO, come back to it later

gunman

Arcane
Developer
If DOS2 doesn't drop the ball like the first one it will be one of the best RPGs ever released , it doesn't have a defining weak point like most others do , the only other RPG I played that is like that is Gothic . Also no Gothic on the list ... What ?!

Somehow I cannot associate D:OS2 art style with one of the best RPGs ever...

:prosper:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Also as Grunker said. Every character should dip 2 in aero and IMO 1 in hydro. The CC (Rain + Shock) / Teleport / Heal is just too amazing.
Why? Warfare gives you better CC. It has 3 teleports and 2 early game CC-teleports that instawin you fights if you hit multiple enemies.

I helped a woman with disease, cured her with First Aid spell. She didn't react and still says she's sick, despite change of status.
:rpgcodex:
Same thing happened to me. I don't know if it's possible to help her at all, could be just an npc placed there for flavor. Or it could be a buggy quest.
It's possible, cast Bless. Same with crazy magister asking for flower. But don't expect anything too interesting, there's just a larianlike-reaction of sorts.
don't cast actual Source-powers near friendly magister faction NPCs

Sentinel

Arcane
Why is the respec screen warning me that I didn't pick tags for my char when it is not possible to do so? And why does my char's portrait look like she contacted the bubonic plague after respecing?
Because despite being in Early Access for 1 straight year they were too busy adding voice acting and controller-specific UI to actually fix bugs.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So... I cleared out excavation site and Fane commented something when I interacted with the tablets, but his personal quest in journal doesn't seem to progress. Is this a bug or...?

imweasel

Just started playing. Jesus, the new Physical/Magical armor system is fucking :decline:
It is lazy design. Larian pretty much just replaced all saving throws and resistances etc. with two types of armor. Swen must have been playing too much Mass Effect which had a similar system. :lol:

I don't want to say it is outright terrible as I am enjoying the game, but combat was much more diverse and and interesting in D:OS and the new system is definitely a step backwards.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Just started playing. Jesus, the new Physical/Magical armor system is fucking :decline:

I don't want to say it is outright terrible as I am enjoying the game, but combat was much more diverse and and interesting in D:OS and the new system is definitely a step backwards.

Yea this has been my only disappointment. I would of preferred CC Family's that you can build resists up to.
This Armor / Magic insta-protection feels a little :durrr:

Otherwise the game is very well done. It's actually worth modding to fix as opposed to PoE.

:positive:

Sentinel

Arcane
Despite the shit combat I'm enjoying the game. Driftwood, like Cyseal, has some fun quests and is the highlight of the game so far for me. I just hope it doesn't take a nosedive straight after this where the remaining 80% of the game is just combat. DivOS's shit encounter pacing is what made me drop it.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
It's only a small barrier in the beginning of each combat, to avoid immediate CC spamming. It's gamey but certainly didn't make combat less "diverse". If anything it did the opposite in my opinion. In D:OS eventually it was all about CCing everyone until you can slowly murder them while they lie still.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Despite the shit combat I'm enjoying the game. Driftwood, like Cyseal, has some fun quests and is the highlight of the game so far for me. I just hope it doesn't take a nosedive straight after this where the remaining 80% of the game is just combat. DivOS's shit encounter pacing is what made me drop it.

The strength of turn based RPGs is in combat, so idk why you complain. As long as these encounters are not trash mobs, then im fine.

Sentinel

Arcane

The strength of turn based RPGs is in combat, so idk why you complain. As long as these encounters are not trash mobs, then im fine.
I like turn-based combat. Actually more recently I've come to wish PoE had been turn-based, maybe then Sawyer would have noticed that game was filled with hundreds of trash mobs and way too much fighting. I just don't really like this change to the CC defense system, that's why I say the combat is inferior to the first one.
No trash mobs so far and every encounter seems to be related to a quest so I'm perfectly fine with that. They seem to have done a good job in DiVoS2 so far.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
And now it's all about having 4 people with the same type of damage and CC is useless.
I don't do that and I'm doing just fine, so it's not about that I guess. I actually have mixed damage types all around and the party prioritizes targets according to their armors and resistances and so on.
CC is fine just you have to wait for a couple of turns. Feels a bit more rewarding to be honest than just Combat Start - Battering Ram - Rain - Lightning - Charm arrows - gg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom