Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The lizard:
You can't miss it. It's before you enter the fort's courtyard/sourcerer-ghetto area, it's named Atusa, and there is a little conversation before she is killed. One limb (leg, I think) remains in the bloody puddle, take it and carry it to the torturer guy, Kniles.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
I like how you can trade with NPC's even when they are on the verge of death,I mean ''I'm dying but I want 500 golds for that scroll''

Best jew simulator ever:keepmyjewgold:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The lizard:
You can't miss it. It's before you enter the fort's courtyard/sourcerer-ghetto area, it's named Atusa, and there is a little conversation before she is killed. One limb (leg, I think) remains in the bloody puddle, take it and carry it to the torturer guy, Kniles.
Oh ok. We ate it, I'm pretty sure about that. :P

Shadenuat

Arcane
Speaking :littlemissfun:judging by butchered talents, like Far Out Man for example, I feel there was still some diversion happening in the basement by Ninja Sawyer
No wonder you can't pick many of them, there is literally nothing to pick. I gave everyone Scoundrel 1 and Pawn and that's where my metagaming ended.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
A third (fourth?) annoying thing, this was also carried over from D:OS - the goddamn camera is too damn zoomed-in! The whole perspective feels too boxed-in for me, and I feel like the angle is such that I am constantly staring at the ground. This even affects the player's perception of a whole area IMO. You never get a feel of how big the Fort's courtyard actually is, or how tall the fort is, because you can hardly ever fit more than an angle of the fort and part of the courtyard on the same screen, because of the too closely zoomed perspective.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
what? really?
Yes really, what's the point of changing attributes and your build, if you have to buy skills. At least you should be able to exchange your skills for skills from other school, based on memory cost.

Oh, you mean learned skill books, right? Not skill levels?

Yes, skill books. You can change skill levels at the character creation on ship. But you wont get any skills unless you get skill books.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Polymorph is amazing. The fight against voidwoken in a certain basement was pretty silly. I petrified like 12 of them.

Polymorph is the single best addition made to the game's systems, closely followed by the revamp of Witchery into Necromancy. Very fun skills

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Also I think the respec is perfectly implemented. It's free which offers tons of flexibility, but the skill book cost means you can't just Diablo 3-style completely change your character constatly. Nice balance :balance:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Sooooooooooooooooooo

can anyone enlighten me

as to why on this island of prisoners where everyone just wants to leg it

nobody had the bright idea

TO GO FOR A LITTLE SWIM??? :lol:

ufapvk.jpg

ciowjw.jpg

The island hopping to the north doesn't even need almost any swimming at all, ffs!

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Sooooooooooooooooooo

can anyone enlighten me

ufapvk.jpg

ciowjw.jpg

The island hopping to the north doesn't even need almost any swimming at all, ffs!

Duh stupid Roxor, have you seen anyone swimming in that game? So many fishing boats, and oceans around and no one is swimming, or being able to do so xD. You need a big ass magical galleon to travel obv...

And now as you mentioned it, Larian will surely add magical sharks around island xD

Jarmaro

Liturgist
I pickpocketed Kniles the Flenser in Fort Joy before the fight and stole his key, meaning his flesh golems couldn't get out of their cage. Pretty nifty, if I do say so myself.
Wait, he is supposed to open cages? I just attacked him and he didn't do anything like that, he had opportunity of course. I thought that's how fight is supposed to go, first kill boss and then trash golems.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Sooooooooooooooooooo

can anyone enlighten me

ufapvk.jpg

ciowjw.jpg

GM voice:
Your collar reacts with water and strangles you to death. :lol:

Also, according to game conversations, there are marshes west of the fort which are infested with "beasts" and voidwoken, so anyone who runs away in that direction is considered as good as dead by the Magisters.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
Who needs a collar, just gather other sourcerers and use ladders/wooden palets on that cliff where you need to use teleportation.
Btw, that guy from teleportation quest doesn't react if you first teleport your entire party before him. I think they didn't expect that :retarded:

V_K

Arcane
Sooooooooooooooooooo

can anyone enlighten me

ufapvk.jpg

ciowjw.jpg

Since when did Larian's area design ever made any sense?

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
My firsty start was with Ifan. I started again with another char because his reactions and dialogues felt much too unidimensionnal. Much too boastfull for an ex general who've let himself fanatize and committed massacres in the name of some big ideals, to come back from it as a bitter and totally desillusionned mercenary. All his dialogue options were so cliché !

Now with the Red Prince and he is ok. Some of his reactions are even funny. And not in the usually whimsical Larian way.

But, surprinsigly, as other people stated already, the most interesting original char seems to be Beast. Same idea as Ifan but much more deeply rendered.

Sebille is ok, but god how ugly those Larian style elves can be ! And they have transformed the whole Elf thing into a goofy aboriginal/native culture.

CAn't say Lore is a strong point at Larian...

Jarmaro

Liturgist
I helped a woman with disease, cured her with First Aid spell. She didn't react and still says she's sick, despite change of status.
:rpgcodex:

Murk

Arcane
I thought it was p funny to turn them into cannibal versions of the elf queen from Arcanum, meanwhile the "ugliest" race is now blue blooded and actively enslaves others.

I pickpocketed Kniles the Flenser in Fort Joy before the fight and stole his key, meaning his flesh golems couldn't get out of their cage. Pretty nifty, if I do say so myself.
Wait, he is supposed to open cages? I just attacked him and he didn't do anything like that, he had opportunity of course. I thought that's how fight is supposed to go, first kill boss and then trash golems.

I just started the fight and they broke out of their cages normally. Maybe proximity matters?

Side note, I'm murdering every Magister I can find on the island -- hope that's not bad ;D

Minor spoiler regarding what may potentially be the end of the first arc:

God damn that voidwoken drillworm was a disappointment, its AI is godawful

general bitching about armor: I dislike that basically you have to "lock in" to a specific damage type, and that it makes it undesirable to gang up on one enemy with both physical + magical damage. I'm playing solo so far with a human caster on Tactician and there are some rage inducing moments, but overall pretty good. I think I won't fully appreciate it until I go through it again with an undead though. I'm glad being undead has larger ramifications, looking forward to that as replay bait.

KateMicucci

Arcane
Opinions on the schools? These are my feelings after finally getting far enough in the game to unlock everything (beginning of act 2)
High tier:
Summoning- summons allow the flexibility to deal either magic or physical damage, can block and tank hits for you. Two good heals and a Charm spell. Doesn't scale with any stat so it fits on anybody.
Warfare- The two AOE knockdowns are your best CC's against physical armor. Shield users do decent damage with Bounce even without any points in damage stats and Deflect is very useful in some fights.
Aero- two teleports, an AOE blind aura, a 100% dodge buff. The five flavors of lightning bolts aren't that exciting though.
Poly- AOE petrify aura, wings for multiple jumps without a cooldown, Bull if you need a gap closer, invisibility, and an AOE entangle that ignores armor. Poly has no bad skills.

Medium tier:

Hydro- The magical armor and heals are the most useful. Rain. A 50% lifesteal buff. The 5 flavors of ice damage, not so exciting.
Geo- The physical armor buffs are the most useful. The damage spells are again not so exciting, but at least oil slows ignore armor.

Low tier:
Huntsman- No hard CC's and not much utility. Tactical Retreat applies haste, which might make it the best jump. There's a heal. Elemental arrowheads is ok, and it actually might work for melee weapons too. An archer character could do fine without putting a single point into huntsman.
Scoundrel- One point unlocks Adrenaline and The Pawn, which are the best parts of this school. I also put Chloroform on my spear warrior which gave her a hard magic save CC, which was pretty useful in act 1. Most skills are locked to daggers, making more than one point useless for anybody else.

Shit tier:
Necro- The first tier abilities are really weak. The blood sucker heal requires set up to use. The two summons scale from Summoning. Corpse Explosion is melee range for some reason. IIRC there's no hard CC. Best skill is one that keeps you from dying for two turns, which can be coupled with another ability that increases damage based on how much health has been lost. If you take the Morning Person or Comeback Kid and Unstable skills you could create a decent suicide bomber.
Pyro- The worst. Haste and Calm Mind are the two weak buffs. Everything else is just fire damage. No hard CC unless you count a single-target blind, and I don't.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom