Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Also for some reason teleport is inexplicably still unaffected by armor, so Aerotheurge 1 is worth it on most characters

Edit: disregard that, I suck cocks (req Aero 2)

Last edited:

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Also for some reason teleport is inexplicably still unaffected by armor, so Aerotheurge 1 is worth it on most characters

I think Teleport requires Aerotheurge 2.

Tip for anyone who didnt played beta and somehow want to be semi competent in the game -spec your team in one damage only, either magicka or physical. Dealing both damages is useless, its better to have a mage for CC, and rest physical damage dealers. Or otherwise full offensive spell mage team, plus one tank to aggro melee mobs.

I disagree with this. If you look carefully - especially in later areas. You will notice a lot of your opponents will either have High Physical Shields / Low Magic or High Magic / Low Physical Or No shields of a certain type at all.

Having a nice spread of damage types / CC, lets you pick and choose your targets.

I have:
Physical Backstabber With Geo / Aero Spells
Range Archer with Necromancer
Tank Man with 100% War Talents
Range Mage with Pyro + INT Dump and some other talents (Increase Elemental Damage applies to weapons too)

When I start a fight I am always checking how much Armor / Magic people have. In Joy Island it's hardly noticeable but later in game you get Enemies with like 1000 Physical Armor and 200 Magic.. hmm I wonder which damage type / cc I should use.

Really gets the noggin joggin.

EDIT:
I do agree that this game is a little too heavily focused on high damage burst. Not a huge fan of CC being blocked by armor types either - but I sorta know what they were going for.

Also most encounter difficulty comes from total abuse of environment as opposed to AI. Your usually outnumbered, pincered on all sides by enemies on the upper ground, and there's an explosive barrel next to you. Also your enemies were invisible until you crossed a invisible line.

Seems a bit trolly but meh.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Finished the first island, three or four quests bugged out and claimed I haven't completed them, NPCs abandoned, everything failed, case closed, archived. I have completed all of them, obviously, even got the rewards.

A year in beta.

Father Foreskin

Learned
Do you need to collect cockrings in this game too? In dos1 i made it to the door in the final temple but i didnt have all the necessary cockrings so i quit. Liked the combat though.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm pretty sure such bugs would've been ironed out in the EA, so maybe the final build fucked something majorly?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I'm pretty sure such bugs would've been ironed out in the EA, so maybe the final build fucked something majorly?
There is like 5-10 quests that are broken,one of them is a companion quest.And all this i without me trying out to break/outsmart the quests.

Trashos

Arcane
Thanks for your reports, guys, I won't be able to play DOSII for a while, so I am reading here with interest.

Although i understand you are all mostly engaged with the combat system right now, I have a question: Is the game any interesting outside of combat?

Lhynn

Arcane
Im trying a summoner lone wolf build.
Basically pumping thievery for unlimited money, summoning to get stupid good summons, and wit/con to start always first and be a walking tank. The totems are like elemental turrets and the incarnate is a great companion. ill probably go into earth and fire for extra summons, and will end up buying memory slots for more space, seems tight as it is. But im wrecking shit just with 1 companion so at least at the start it seems good.

Also been thinking of an int warfare fighter with elemental quartestaff/maul (if inquisitor is anything to go by, mauls are int based? makes no sense but w/e ive yet to find one).

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
A lot of you guise sure are hung up about the details in an insignificant journal.

Arkeus

Arcane
I have:
Physical Backstabber With Geo / Aero Spells
Range Archer with Necromancer
Tank Man with 100% War Talents
Range Mage with Pyro + INT Dump and some other talents (Increase Elemental Damage applies to weapons too)
That seems to be all hybris except the tank? Also, how does a physical backstabber with geo/aero works? My backstaber has polymorph for nice invisibility as well as the ability to CC enemies without physical armour, but I've been thinking I should get a way to do damage against people with high phys armour on it, is that why you are using Geo/Aeor? what spells are good?

I've also not touched Necromancer at all, how does that work?

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
If you play a new game, you are gonna have a bad time. I always wait for a few months worth of patches and usually some good mods come out in that time too.

himmy

Arcane
Withermoore's soul jar: freed his soul, he died and the quest is in the log still.

I'm beginning to suspect these are not bugs, but quests that still have stuff to do.

Withermoore's ghost appears out of nowhere to knock down a barrier at the end of a dungeon in the swamp, as a way of thanking you. And THEN the quest completes

Sentinel

Arcane
Withermoore's soul jar: freed his soul, he died and the quest is in the log still.

I'm beginning to suspect these are not bugs, but quests that still have stuff to do.

Withermoore's ghost appears out of nowhere to knock down a barrier at the end of a dungeon in the swamp, as a way of thanking you. And THEN the quest completes
Even if it's not a bug, the journal should reflect that you're not done with him yet. Either that, or have the quest complete when you do what he asks you to do, but keep his later appearance. Him showing up in the gargoyle maze doesn't have any relevance to his quest at all.
Has anyone found out why the entry about the Elf Amyro fails? I even healed him up when I got him back to Saheila but it still failed. This journal is a nice useless piece of shit.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I've also not touched Necromancer at all, how does that work?
It doesn't really, since spells scale with Int, while damage is physical meaning it scales with Warfare, while late summon scales with Summoning skill (was a real gotcha moment for my necromancer). Since it's all about stacking those +5%, it feels like Necromancer was designed by someone drunk. Sure you get extra heals but if you need them that means you don't exploit all the armor regains game has. Best left at 1 point imo just for Decay debuff. PUNISH ESTUS CHUGGERS!

Some stuff just doesn't make much sense. Like Huntsman - pick +5% sometimes, or just level up Warfare/Bows to get +5% all the time. Like, wut?

I disagree with this. If you look carefully - especially in later areas. You will notice a lot of your opponents will either have High Physical Shields / Low Magic or High Magic / Low Physical Or No shields of a certain type at all.
Well, the difference is not in hundreds of percent. Can be like 250/150. Just away from one extra hit.

But I'd say the key to effective party is just stacking +5% to destroy armor and have some CC at hand. Meaning you level up your type of damage + stat (like fire + int) in every way possible, starting with damaging skill of 10... and that's basically it.

My hybrids and so and so compared to fully kitted Summoner feel like total scrubs as she 2-shots people with her ultra buffed summon. Pyroelf comes second and only because I split into Geo, which I hate myself doing for cause gotta kill those fire immune undead and slugs that are everywhere in act 2 as well with something rite-- OH WAIT FIRE WORKS FINE POISON DOESNT GOOD FOR ME

Sadly it just leaves some skills and classes and combinations as total outsiders I think, because all you care about is damage - because your control skills do not rely on your stats whatsoever, so no reason to level up skills that are good at control but don't do good damage (compare Pyro with it's EXPLOOSHUN to Water).

030a680bf48c3148100e47e6cea1b47abc914c0b_hq.jpg
- the game.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Even if it's not a bug, the journal should reflect that you're not done with him yet.

This. Plus ofc if you don't encounter him in the Necromancer's Tower and go to the next chapter the journal says "You have left the island without helping Lord Withermore." Derp.

Has anyone found out why the entry about the Elf Amyro fails?

My bet is on sloppiness. There are four quests that are bugged just on the first island - the missing kid (no option to tell the mad woman her kid is dead), Withermore, Amyro and Call to Arms (journal says you have left the island without the Seekers' help for some reason). Plus if you free Emmie the dog and she happily runs away and you then report back to Buddy the only relevant dialogue option is "Sorry, Buddy, but Emmie died."

Sentinel

Arcane
There are four quests that are bugged just on the first island - the missing kid (no option to tell the mad woman her kid is dead)
You mean the woman crying about her daughter? I thought the only resolution to that quest was telling her the kid is dead. If you talk to the man standing right next to her, he'll tell you she's mad and then you can go back to her and tell her the kid's been dead for at least a year, killed by voidwoken on the shore, and she then accuses you of lying you and I think the quest is completed.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
There are four quests that are bugged just on the first island - the missing kid (no option to tell the mad woman her kid is dead)
You mean the woman crying about her daughter? I thought the only resolution to that quest was telling her the kid is dead.

She doesn't speak to me. "The woman ignores you and keeps calling her baby" or some such. No way to tell her anything.

Advice for this one? Getting wrecked on tactician.

Very tough fight but isn't that optional? Just leave it for later, when you're level 6 or 7. And as usual, trigger the mobs with just one char and lure them to the rest of the group, to avoid gang-up.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Thanks for your reports, guys, I won't be able to play DOSII for a while, so I am reading here with interest.

Although i understand you are all mostly engaged with the combat system right now, I have a question: Is the game any interesting outside of combat?
yes. The enviromental interaction is still good as usual. Outside the fort, there is a chest in the middle of the forest that is obviously booby trapped. There is a severed head on a stick near that speak and temot you to open it. I talked to him and using my jester tag to make a head and body jokes to the head until it get fed up of my joke and decided to shut up.

The booby trap is this plant bulbs that spray elements. It spew and combination of Poison/fire/electricity/water that makes a big boom. My solution? Teleport those bulbs (except the electricity one) under a river. Took me a while, but eventually i was able to "disarm" enough to get to the chest safely.

Also the woman with the kid isnt gonna talk to you if youre a lizard or elf. Racist bitch. Use the mask or switch to human or dwarf party member to talk

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Has anyone found out why the entry about the Elf Amyro fails?
I have encoutered explanation somewhere, but forgot. Something with order of doing it.

Nope, that's not a bug. You should talk first with a women, then with man, and after that you can tell her her daughter is dead, I have found that dialogues are changed because of with whom you talked first, like in good ol PS:T.
Also I believe it is not a proper ending for it, you can get a doll from her, and I suspect you need spirit talking something.

Also the woman with the kid isnt gonna talk to you if youre a lizard or elf.
She is. Talked as Elf, used ELF option - something like "We are not that kind of kannibals, don't you worry lady", and got doll from her.

Also guys, I got some retarded talk in steam - I stated that trick that Pope Amole used is exploit and should be fixed, mob of steamkids gathered and try to douse me down with their dumbness, so, one of them said that "exploit is a using a bug" rofl, so I need proper academical definition of game exploit, and here is the best place to ask for it.

Jezal_k23

A lot of you guise sure are hung up about the details in an insignificant journal.

I thought I was not getting the proper XP rewards for quests due to them not being registered as completed. But it's not the case, so I just mark them as inactive. You know how precious our XP is.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I think the strongest point of the game is area design and moment to moment exploration. Fantasy is all about trekkin through woods to find five sad chickens and help them get back their eggs.

Seriously, animal dialogue and quests are better than main quest or companions by far.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom