Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So much butthurt ITT because tacticool isn't :littlemissfun:
Actually, it's too balanced. :smug:
Does anyone knows how to remove the curses from items?Tried blessing but it didn't had the desired effect.
Bless only removes the item if it sticks not the curse.
Also in my even humbliest opinion, Tactician was created for Lone Wolfs in mind.
Was thinking the same thing, will require many cheeses though.

edit: Did anybody actually manage to bless all the pigs? :)
If you want to bless all of them, go to the Bracchus Rex armoury and restore source points. There's an infinite supply of it there.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
How the niggerfuck do u do the GODWOKEN ritual again @ Chapter 3/4? I dont have blackroot, but it says im powerful enough in the FORCE/SOURCE..??

Also, pls, i will suck dick for skill book recipes for new skills. Crafting seems broken.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have more than five quests that I can do nothing with. Left the first area after beating the final boss of act 1, and the game tells me I have failed several of them.

"It's a mystery"

I was slightly butthurt about Tactician difficulty initially, but the more I play the more I like it. The only really tough fight so far is the very last one on the island. All of the fights excluding that one, deep dweller and the witch I did with the basic set of skills. After a few witch attempts I figured I should use my gold instead of hoarding it, optimized my builds a bit (had a few unspent points) and it went pretty smooth from that point on.

Teleportation is a life saver though, along with tactical retreat.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Tactical is only difficult because people don't understand the flow of the game. Actually, I can hardly blame them - the game uses all the same terms & visuals as the original original sin, but everything is totally different. What was good there, is bad here and vice versa. So trying to recreate the old stuff and not utilizing the new powerhouses obviously makes the game to go grindy and seemingly luck-reliant.

With the correct builds, however, it'll all go as smooth as the first one. With, I'm afraid, the very same "first half is challenging, second is effortless" transition.

If you don't believe me - well, the easiest example is quad-summoner party. They're the only composition that is flexible and can do both physical and magical damage without any issues - you'll always be on the top of your game. They can go full-Con and all sport shields without losing much so they'll be incredibly tanky. And Summoning gets only better from being massed as your Rallies get bonkers (and you can combo them with decay if you know what I'm saying). I'll probably do english let's play in this mode because it sounds too fun not to try out.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
The amount of bugs in the game is just ridiculous, half my quests are bugged and not possible to finish.
I have more than five quest that I can do nothing with. Left the first area after beating the final boss of act, and the game tells me I have failed several of them.
Which quests? Some of them seem really weird in what's expected of you.l
The Imprisoned Elf, it says I left him to his fate.
The Purged Dragon, he'll have to save himself.
Burnig pigs
And some more

Jezal_k23

Is it worth investing in bartering, given that prices seem to be determined by attitude? Also I expect myself to be rich without bartering anyway, as with all RPGs. Thoughts?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Bugs from steam.

1. fane had the teleport gloves on and learned teleportation via the book ... now i dont use the gloves anymore but teleport is not to be found in either of the skill windows
2. i am always making my inventory look organized .. so i put all my money and important stuff in a backpack ... now i can buy whatever i want .. the npc also gets the money but i dont lose any money and just keep getting more and more from selling stuff

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
Quick Questions: is the game playable when giving companions their default classes? Also Where can i find Bard Woman?
On Classic difficulty, totally playable and enjoyable. Lohse is found near the shrine of Lucian when you enter then fort area.

If you come back to the meeting point just after you dismissed them, companions might not be there. Happened to me with Fane. I dismissed him just before escaping Fort Joy ; changed my mind after one or two fights. When I came back to fetch him, he wasn't there. Waited a bit more, came back again and there he was in his alcove/open air morgue, bent over his favorite decaying corpse. Thought it might be because it took time for him to walk back there.

I also find the game totally playable and enjoyable on classic difficulty btw.

In chapter 1 :
Coming back to Fort Joy to kill all magisters without having found any allies in the hollow marches (Seeker's camp?). Am I missing something ?

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I went to Braccus Rex' tomb, destroyed whatever I needed to destroy there, but where is his armor supposed to be? Do I need some sort of skill to be at a certain level in order to spot it?

CRD

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
This is madness, you hear me? MADNESS

4620UWF.png

They are growing bigger every day.

I think that codex is a mainstream gaming forum now?

Jarmaro

Liturgist
What do you think of music? Feels much more generic than in the first game, everything except main theme is forgettable. Thought about silencing it and putting on something mine.

Last edited:

Malpercio

Arcane
Jesus, even Provoke gets resisted until you have removed the armor. There is thin a line between balancing stuff and No_fun and Larian clearly passed it.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
The Imprisoned Elf, it says I left him to his fate.
The Purged Dragon, he'll have to save himself.
Burnig pigs
And some more

To finish the dragon quest you have to have him attack the Shriekers near the abandoned camp to complete it.

Other 2 I have open as well.
Oh, I let him go in peace...
I failed the Braccus gear quest, I used the helmet to get rid of shriekers. I also gave the wand to the dragon.
The other quests seem bugged to me.

Sentinel

Arcane
Finally left Fort Joy for good. Tried to cheese the last fight by teleporting (gloves of teleportation - p4p best item in the game so far) bishop on the stairs where all friendly NPCs are...

That was quite a mess.

Omx3s0X.jpg

3lF2UB3.jpg

Speaking of spoilers

do you get your teammates back after the ship business?
In that fight I just bolted outta there when the void worm showed up and let them kill each other, then went in for the clean up.
The game warns you when you have no more chance of getting companions back, don't worry

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Tactician is hard and the armor system is bollocks... that said reading some of the posts here, some ppl need 2 git gud

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
Kyril's soundtrack was inspired and good, but sometimes a bit gaudy. It fitted perfectly with Larian's graphic style though.

The new music is not as virtuose, but it fits more to (at least my idea of ) an heroic fantasy universe.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The more I play, the more I am certain that this was nowhere near ready for release.

The amount of bugs in the game is just ridiculous, half my quests are bugged and not possible to finish.

The game is not so buggy to be honest (the quick-load thing was resolved) but the game world design is completely retarded.

This is advertised as an open-world RPG but it's NOT: the game imposes the game flow upon the player and not otherwise.

By this I mean that you can explore but it's mostly an useless gimmick: You can gain insight about locations but you will not be able to beat the mobs and get useful loot. The enemies are so bloated that you can rarely win against +1 lvl enemies (or more levels above your party). You can kill +1 lvl enemies when you fight against 2 or 3 of them but usually there is no fight when they are 3+. In the end you will be forced to backtrack and get on the predefined paths that were intended for you.

The thing is: you have no control over your combat performance. The game doesn't allow it. The most important factor influencing your party is the party level because there is level scaling akin to Witcher 3: You have huge penalties when you fight +1 enemies and you have no penalties when fighting same level enemies (or lower). Your build can influence how much damage you are doing with your weapons but you can be sure that you are in an interval which is below what is allowed for +1 lvl enemies.

Larian has implemented a reversed level scaling system: it doesn't matter what you do, you will always be inside a damage interval which is directly linked to your party level. It also means that you will never be able to simply obliterate enemies which are of the same level or higher. You will never feel badass in this game (except maybe when you obliterate enemies with worse levels).

This system is perfidious because even the loot level scaling is intended to bring you in the correct damage interval. You have the liberty to choose your party members, their abilities and how you approach the battles. But these are the only freedoms you will get in this game. For some is great, for others is not so great. I personally think that this design philosophy is simply horrendous and it brings back memories of shit like Oblivion.

So, if you want to play the "game" and have some fun: You are forced to do all non-combat quests and only engage same level enemies. This approach guarantees the minimum number of pointless deaths. That's it. Run around the map, find same level enemies, try to kill them or return later. If you try anything else then the game will fuck you in the ass like Sven the Faggot. This is a reason why so many people have difficulties with the game. Their expectation are wrong. This is not Fallout or Arcanum.

Needless to say I lost the will to play the game. Driftwood is 4 times as big as Cyseal. My party is level 12, I cleaned up like 25% of it and I can go in a lot of places but I'm sick of being a good mouse in the maze. I simply cannot stand the grind anymore.
This is probably my review of the game and I think I will take a break until I'm able to summon the will to continue.

Last edited:

Wulfstand

Prophet
What's a good build for a ranger? I wanna go with Ifan as my PC, but I'm not quite sure which skills to pick/focus on.

Sjukob

Arcane
This fight was a total fuck up
Yeah the voidwalker dude is too strong I think , insane teleport range with melee damage and curse spamming , while being able to attack up to 3 times in one turn for 53 damage with each hit , skeletons are pretty tough as well . This is actually the ambush I was talking about earlier, the voidwalker kept calling out Red Prince , so I thought this encounter was unique for him , turned out you meet him regardless of party composition .

Also didn't have any problems with witch , found her only at level 7 though , absolutely destroyed her and her suite .

V_K

Arcane
The most important factor influencing your party is the party level because there is level scaling akin to Witcher 3: You have huge penalties when you fight +1 enemies and you have no penalties when fighting same level enemies (or lower). Your build can influence how much damage you are doing with your weapons but you can be sure that you are in a interval which is below what is allowed for +1 lvl enemies.
Wasn't it the same in DOS1 though?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom