Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
BTW is the AI completely retarded for everyone else when it comes to AoOs? It happens in both klassik and taktishun to me that the enemies just run around for absolutely no purpose when they are in melee range, just to get smacked by an AoO. And it's not even something that happens once in a while, it's in every damn fight.
The AI doesn't give a shit.

Hey, toro, or anyone else for that matter, after you killed the witch, did she drop a Blood Rose or something like that?

Yes. She dropped a Blood Rose.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Just played the shipwreck. Looks like DOS1++ with better writing, but who knows? Can't tell re. armour stuff yet.

The two battles on that ship already had me bored waiting for enemy turns. I imagine this will get intolerable.
I play on story or supper easy,the combat is far too slow and boring to waste my time with it.
By the way does anyone know where is the insane girl that hears voices?I dismissed it to go and do other character quests and can't find it now.It is not in the seeker camp or in the fort.
Get yourself cheatengine like Pope Amole II did.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Just played the shipwreck. Looks like DOS1++ with better writing, but who knows? Can't tell re. armour stuff yet.

The two battles on that ship already had me bored waiting for enemy turns. I imagine this will get intolerable.
I play on story or supper easy,the combat is far too slow and boring to waste my time with it.
By the way does anyone know where is the insane girl that hears voices?I dismissed it to go and do other character quests and can't find it now.It is not in the seeker camp or in the fort.
Get yourself cheatengine like Pope Amole II did.
For the speed or for the companion?

Finally left Fort Joy for good. Tried to cheese the last fight by teleporting (gloves of teleportation - p4p best item in the game so far) bishop on the stairs where all friendly NPCs are...

That was quite a mess.

Omx3s0X.jpg

3lF2UB3.jpg

Speaking of spoilers

do you get your teammates back after the ship business?

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I simply removed the +50% to shields and took the +50% vitality and made it 75%. Really just moving bloat around, but at least it plays a little bit better and more in a way that feels like it's intended.

This is actually not a bad idea. I suppose removing shields entirely will make it too easy, but keeping them at Classic levels while bumping up their HP like you are doing might work. I'd also lower their damage to 20% increase, rather than 50%, but it depends on how much damage they are doing compared to your HP.
Yeah, I think the game was made for the Classic in mind (either that, or Explorer/Story mode, but I honestly doubt that, joking aside), but the player's damage output doesn't actually scale, so the combat pacing - assuming that the intent of the shields are to prevent immediate lockdowns and to allow things like Shield's Up, it throws the pacing of the combat off completely.

Meanwhile, while HP bloat is still just bloat, the principle idea of HP isn't as a combat pacing mechanic, but to increase the length of fights and the longevity of enemies, in turn making it more dangerous (which isn't always true, but let's stick to intent here).

Therefore, especially since it's based on percentages, it's a bad idea to increase Shields, because it immediately fucks with the mechanical base assumptions necessary to gauge the intended flow of battle. I think they just created the difficulties as "Yeah, that sounds about right", with extremely little actual play-testing (but instead focused on Classic as, let's be honest, they should; it is the baseline, or at least presented as such). So while +50% armour might sound OK in theory, like "Just scale the effective total HP upwards by a consistent 50%" (because let's be honest, if it acts like HP and is reduced like HP it's effectively just a separate HP counter) actually fucks quite a bit with the flow of combat in ways just increasing HP doesn't, especially with opponents that replenish their Armor in various ways.

Just look at the Armor restored by skills and shit, and it doesn't scale at all. Some things do only damage to armor, and that doesn't scale either. There's clearly an intended baseline that everything else has been measured to in order to fulfill the intent of the mechanic, and that gets the fuck thrown off when everyone suddenly has 50%; it could mean that instead of stopping someone from being CC:d for one turn, it might stop him for just two turns, which is enough for him to use some ability, and then two becomes three, and then when they're stripped, there's yet another fucker that's been replenishing after that. It becomes a quagmire that needs to be balanced individually.

That said, stripping +50% Armor of all kinds will effectively make the game easier. I think this may be somewhat balanced by the fact that most enemies usually have a lot more HP than they do Armor, so while they lose the bonus armor, that +25% health might still give more in terms of "effective" HP. Hard to tell.

Niklasgunner

Savant
On the blood rose
If you eat it you get each stat boosted for 10 turns, if you mix it into a potion that boost is permanent :cool:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Will it not make armor upgrades completely useless, since armors only gives bonuses to the armor mechanic? Okay, some might have skill stats but still.

Edit:

Where do I find this character.txt?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Then pick up the companions?
No.

You either solo or get a party, even if it's just one companion.
Look at you, how smart are you.
I'm going solo, NPC only for quests.
If you finished with "useful tips", give info or don't interfere, please.

They go to the spot where you recruited them until you exit the fort. Once you exited the fort, they move to the hidden camp in the swamp even if you haven't been there yet.
Thanks a bunch.

Also I'll share what I gathered so fat.

Telekinesis can be used instead on Str e.g in quest when you need to pull out spear from someone.
If you have tag Jester you can cheer up some girl, and she will tell you about something hidden in waterfall, dunno which girl, maybe those in camp near tortoises?
If you read letter with contract when Ifan near you, or maybe in your partyl he will tell you something about it.
If you have Red Prince in your party when head to swamp you got ambushed.
You can get rope, or ruby, or misterious seed from trader on the beach where RP assasin stand.
Women that seek her daughter who is presumable dead - I'm sure it isn't right quest ending if you tell her daughter is dead, my tag mystic gave my line something about her daughter's spirit.
Anyway if quest doesn't give you EXP it isn't proper ending.

Bugs.
Attribute checks doesn't work at all - no matter how high your stat is, you are failing them always, or most of the time, I have read people cheated attributes to 40-60 and nothing, but Persuation checks do work.
Permament statuses like Wet.
Quest doesn't end properly.

IMPORTANT
When you will respec your character you will LOSE all boneses from Black Rose and such, as far as have heard.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, but HP will be the only way of defense if you remove the armor thingy... probably will not work.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Also my humble opinion from what I have read and saw myself about reaction on Tactician mode, and don't be offended, I don't care anyway.
I think it is just some kind od psycological shock we have witnessed here and there.
People have beat DOS on Tactician, and they thought they will do it just now, just wait a second I'll give it proper punishment mate ---> R%@^&^ WTF?! Why don't you... *slap* Pardon me...
And instead of get to used to new, more difficult game, they remember good ol days, when they can CC'ed bunch of mobs in one turn, and to to complain about this and that. Adapt.
I saw many people said they are actually start to like it, and it isn't boring and dull etc, there ARE tactics, just different.
It already gone that far that people edited NPC to Classic level, and playing on Tactician - why not just play Classic instead?

Also in my even humbliest opinion, Tactician was created for Lone Wolfs in mind.
If you can't squeeze enough firepower from 4 member party, just try Lone Wolf.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Does anyone knows how to remove the curses from items?Tried blessing but it didn't had the desired effect.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So much butthurt ITT because tacticool isn't :littlemissfun:

hp bloat - the best tactical challenge money can buy!
It it that bad?
I still have PoE to finish, so I have time for them to patch the game to director edition, but wouldn't the standard use of armor like a Damage reduction or Damage % reduction remove the problem of chipping at different bars?

Shadenuat

Arcane
Does anyone knows how to remove the curses from items?Tried blessing but it didn't had the desired effect.
Braccus?
Wear full set. But if you remove 1 item while wearing others you get curse again.
Sell this shit it's just level 6.

Shadenuat

Arcane
And at that point they realised they were, indeed, fucked

hznqBpH.png

....but since I have 12 Summoning before leaving prologue... wtf do I level up now? ....more Summoning?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The more I play, the more I am certain that this was nowhere near ready for release.

The amount of bugs in the game is just ridiculous, half my quests are bugged and not possible to finish.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
It it that bad?
I still have PoE to finish, so I have time for them to patch the game to director edition, but wouldn't the standard use of armor like a Damage reduction or Damage % reduction remove the problem of chipping at different bars?

Considering that there are no saving throws and the different health bars are your only protection from debuffs, it would require a complete mechanical redesign. So I wouldn't count on it.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Quick Questions: is the game playable when giving companions their default classes? Also Where can i find Bard Woman?
On Classic difficulty, totally playable and enjoyable. Lohse is found near the shrine of Lucian when you enter then fort area.

For example:

When I entered the prison there was a fight against some magister asshole and his dog while his buddies (with bows) stood there and nourished a hard one watching him torture some other guy. I tried a few things and reloaded because I got fucked very quickly. I had the option of either fighting him because hes a dangerous motherfucker, or fighting his minions which would go down easier (after walking 300 miles because they of course start on high ground and nobody gives you any skill to deal with that shit) what I normally do in such a scenario in any given rpg is find a way to distract / disable the big guy and rape his weaker minions so that I can dispatch of the big bad later but not here because armor.

I solved this problem by very heroically placing my party behind some stone (because I knew the fight would start) and using my tank to start it and his first turn to run away like a little girl forcing the archers to come down and look for us. I could then fight the group (meaning I rightclicked them to death because armor). I also had to watch my positioning to not get knocked down because you as a player dont have enough armor to withstand whatever shit they use. I think such a tactic is called cheese and while I know larian to be big cheese fans I dont think such maneuvers can be called "intended tactical thinking".
We won this from the first attempt by positioning Ifan and Fane (wayfarer and necromancer/pyromancer/geomancer respectively) on the high platforms to the right of the entrance of the area, while the Red Prince and Lohse (knight/enchanter) stood their ground where the conversation was happening. Some clever use of surfaces and status effects, prioritizing enemies to attack, and one revival scroll for the Prince, and we managed to beat them. It didn't feel like a frustrating combat.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Also guys, you possibly didn' saw it so I'll repeat - when you respec, you lose bonuses from Black\Red Rose and such.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom