Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

Moink

Cipher
Is this normal PB preset character stuff or can you customise?

And what I mean to say is, can I be a qt girl?

Beastro

Arcane
There are lot of flaws with TES games, but music ain't one of them.
I'll give you that the music isn't as bad as the games. I only played some Morrowind, but going by promos of Oblivion etc., Morrowind had the best soundtrack amongst the TES games past Daggerfall.

I'll also give you that Soule is not as bad as Inon Zur, who's absolutely terrible and unimaginative (I haven't heard his new stuff though). But I found Soule's music pretty soulless, competent but merely technical. And not my style at all; I tire of clichéd fantasy soundtracks. I'll admit Morrowind wasn't as generic as others, but it just didn't hit the right note for me. Not after PST, the Fallouts, the Gothics, Deus Ex, Diablo, etc. Those soundtracks all had the strength of immersing you in the game's theme and setting.

Now that I think of it, Morrowind's music felt as bland as the game, so, maybe they go well together. Overly big and epic, grand ouvertures and symphonic shit, but lacking heart and nuance in the details, much like the towns with wiki-style NPCs.

The main theme didn't lack soul I find, it was just out of place given the setting and belonged more to a generic fantasy setting like Oblivion's Cyrodiil.

His similar music Dungeon Siege 1 was more fitting for that reason.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected

It looks almost the same on both minimum and maximum, aside from aliasing and some slightly better shading it's basically the same. I'm more concerned with it running good, because Risen 3 performance was rather poor (especially with shadows, which just raped my FPS). According to the comments, I'm not sure if I should hold Gamestar's review to high regard as they gave Risen 1 87/100, Risen 2 85/100 and Risen 3 83/100. Mass Effect Andromeda and DA:I also got 85/100. It's going to be a day one pirate for me and I just hope it will be better than Risen 2/3 which I still enjoyed but they felt like they were unfinished.

Keye_

Educated
Any information concering the difficulty? Different options (easy/normal/hard) or one standard difficulty?
Is it comparable to Gothic 2: NotR? Or more accessible?

Kahr

It has the standard (easy/normal/hard/ultra) option.
But furthermore you can adjust smaller things like enemy aggression or how the roll works (being invincible while rolling or not).

Like always i guess, on normal it will be piece of cake, while on ultra you might have problems early on until you get op after a certain amount of time.
(In Risen 3 after 10 hours, let's hope it's later than that.)
Reviewers seem to find it hard, but that doesn't say much, because they're reviewers.

Latelistener

Arcane
uF4c.png

ortucis

Prophet
I'm | | this close to pre-ordering ELEX

I pre-ordered. :dance:

I am waiting till it gets close to the release date to see if there are special discounts (more than 10% currently), then I'll pre-order like a day early as well.

Gotta support PB with this. A lot of people end up buying 60$ shite from BioWare and Bethesda, PB only has us few supporting them. :negative:

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

I am waiting till it gets close to the release date to see if there are special discounts (more than 10% currently), then I'll pre-order like a day early as well.

Gotta support PB with this. A lot of people end up buying 60$ shite from BioWare and Bethesda, PB only has us few supporting them. :negative:

cdkeys.com

ortucis

Prophet

cdkeys.com

ELEX on CDKeys: $32.89 = ₹ 2112 (INR)

ELEX on Steam: ₹ 1,529 (without current 10% discount, it's ₹ 1,699 )

Still gonna wait for any Steam deals or something before I pre-order. :lol:

Plus, I don't like buying from such sites since it most likely doesn't benefit developers.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

Plus, I don't like buying from such sites since it most likely doesn't benefit developers.

Oh, I assumed you were in Europe or USA, my apologies.

I think buying from those sites is fine because they are basically buying physical games so they still get paid, they aren't shady like g2a imo..

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected

Oh, I assumed you were in Europe or USA, my apologies.

I think buying from those sites is fine because they are basically buying physical games so they still get paid, they aren't shady like g2a imo..

The devs already have been paid. Some Ruskies buy the games in countries in extremely devalued currencies and resell it again, it works the same on all these CD key reseller sites like G2A, Kinguin, CDKeys and whatever else there is. Redditors say that I'm singlehandedly killing 6 million developers for buying from these stores but whatever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom