Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Tigranes

Arcane
Just played the shipwreck. Looks like DOS1++ with better writing, but who knows? Can't tell re. armour stuff yet.

The two battles on that ship already had me bored waiting for enemy turns. I imagine this will get intolerable.

Mortmal

Arcane
Quick Questions: is the game playable when giving companions their default classes? Also Where can i find Bard Woman? So far I found Red Prince and Thane to be bro like and would rather not run with crazy assassin who slaughters merchants and the dwarf who rebelled against the Queen. (I play as :obviously: Dwarf Master race of course who thinks that Queen dindu nuffin wrong.) Also people who think POE had better dialogues thand DDOS are mad or really :retarded:.

No, unless you are lucky and they specialize in the same damage type. DOS 2 has hybrid armors now, if you want to reach the health, you have to break either the physical or the magical armor. So if all three companions focus fire in the same damage type it will be a breeze, if you make a party classic D&d style, tank , healer , wizard you will be harshly punished.Thus the many complains on steam forums as the encounters are either impossible or quite easy most of the time.Only flaw i can see with the game so far, finishing act 1, hopefully it wont become a bugged mess next.
Stilll a great game and likely i my top 3 all time best.
Oh and the bard woman is near the statue at the fort entrance.Also friendly advice talk to every npc, even the children, press alt to highlight items or you may miss many quests.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
The dialogue style pisses me off,why the hell did they have to change the usual formula to this bullshit ''Say this,say that,say fuck off already'',it's fucking distracting.

Why do these dumb developers have to change what shouldn't be changed in the first place,the dialogue style in their past games was perfect,the writing was the damn problem

Why god dammit:argh:

GrainWetski

Arcane
I still don't understand how people are having such problems with armour. Level 9 and still getting through armour very fast.

Had a fight against 7 of those void centipede things. I CC'd the entire bunch before they even got close and killed them on all on the second round of turns because they had no armour at all and only around 350 hp. Not a very interesting fight to say the least, but I guess that's what people want?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
What the hell, I was doing this quest for Lohar, went into a cave where a bunch of flying voidwokens captured my party and drop us in various places. Fane was hanging around then got surprise mfkers'd, so I let him flee and he teleported back to the arena in the basement below the tavern. Not sure if I broke something...

That's one of the most fucked up quests. You need at least one character who can take a Voidwoker on his own.

In my case the Summoner was enough but otherwise I don't know.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
What is there to not understand? It relegates the best strategy to piling up as much damage of the same type up front as possible because it literally forbids you to do anything else. After getting through the armor it's pointless to CC them instead of killing them outright.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Found my asshole brother 10 min ago through his friends through fb, he didn't answer calls and sms, fucking dumb dino.

So, I have read carefully all 32 pages, played 10 hours.

I want to play solo as usual on Tactician, fear no fights, but the problem - I want all possible content, NPC-related quests that give exp and varios items.
I know that NPC interfering dialogs, so can you PLEASE share info when and where?
I know e.g. that mercenary have something to say to three fraudster playing cards upstair.
This just reqire copious copious amount of reloading when playing solo.
E.g. Coock in FJ - someone told me that he doesn't like Elfs, so I got nothing unusual from him as Undead Elf, but what if I get Beast and he will do all the talk?
Also is there difference if I kill his goons in fight vs mercenary, or on the contrary help his goons? Just for example.
Also, I hear that if you dismiss NPC they leave you, and go to some point where you have no acces to them?

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I still don't understand how people are having such problems with armour. Level 9 and still getting through armour very fast.

Had a fight against 7 of those void centipede things. I CC'd the entire bunch before they even got close and killed them on all on the second round of turns because they had no armour at all and only around 350 hp. Not a very interesting fight to say the least, but I guess that's what people want?
People don't have problems with armour. People have problems with the mechanical concept of armour as implemented in D:OS2. Because it's shit.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What the hell, I was doing this quest for Lohar, went into a cave where a bunch of flying voidwokens captured my party and drop us in various places. Fane was hanging around then got surprise mfkers'd, so I let him flee and he teleported back to the arena in the basement below the tavern. Not sure if I broke something...

That's one of the most fucked up quests. You need at least one character who can take a Voidwoker on his own.

In my case the Summoner was enough but otherwise I don't know.
I passed through that part by sending everyone to the party member who's nearest to the path that leads to Mordus (the bedroom) with teleport pyramid, only had to fight the one voidwoken that spawned in front of the ladder :o

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I play on story or supper easy,the combat is far too slow and boring to waste my time with it.
By the way does anyone know where is the insane girl that hears voices?I dismissed it to go and do other character quests and can't find it now.It is not in the seeker camp or in the fort.

Freakydemon

Educated
So anyone find all the pieces of the cursed Tyrant set on the prison island? I got 4 but seems that ain't the entire set.

gunman

Arcane
Developer
I haven't bought this game yet, but from what I read looks like the armor system is not fun at all. What is wrong if you can finish off the enemy in round 1 with careful planning and proper skills? It doesn't sound like the combat is made harder, just more tedious. I'm afraid to having spent money on this only to go back playing Divine Divinity instead.

Beggar

Cipher
This fight was a total fuck up :negative:

Eo_CApp_2017-09-17_21-07-47-15.png

Jinn

Arcane
What is wrong if you can finish off the enemy in round 1 with careful planning and proper skills?

Ironically, I believe this is something that a lot codexers referred to when they started saying D:OS 1 was too easy and exploitable.

Here is my personal stance on the armor system in this game so far: it hasn't been a hindrance at all in Classic difficulty. It's there, and it forces you to deal with the strengths of the opponents for a couple turns before you can start stunning the shit out of them. It's actually made a lot of fights really interesting and fun, and probably more so than in the original. I'm not saying that I don't think that there should be some chance for physical attacks to pierce physical armor or the same for magical attacks with magical armor, but it really hasn't prevented me from having a great time with the game. The worst that will happen is I get excited right at the beginning of the battle to start blasting my enemies with combos, and then quickly remember that it's not going to work like that. A mild annoyance.

We'll see how I feel about it as the game progresses. As of now, I'm about 16 hours in and still having a lot of fun exploring the world, playing with the interesting mechanics, and getting into intense and often challenging battles.

Niklasgunner

Savant
Despite my gripes with the armor system, many other bugs (characters permanently wet, this was already reported in the EA, wtf larian) and my savefiles getting fucked 30 hours in, I'm still having tons of fun. This stuff willl mostly be fixed. After restarting and making my party entirely deal magic damage tactician mode seems much more doable, but it seems dumb to force the player to focus on one damage type. It keeps the player from experimenting with multiple combat styles. While having a party be entirely made up of magicians casting elemental spells and summoning creatures everywhere is fun, I'm not the type of player that usually replays games so I know I will likely never touch melee, crossbows, heavy armor and all that fun stuff.

I find fort Joy just as great as Cyseal as a starting location and exploration is still just as good as the first game. Having source initially unavailable, thus unlocking stronger abilities in the lategame, seems like a good way to make the player feel more powerful as they progress. The town in Act 2 also seems more detailed, which is a plus compared to the first game where there was palpable loss of quality in the locations after Act 1, they seemed much less intricate. If they can keep up the quality like this until the end, great.

It seems like tactician is designed to force the player into abusing every flaw in the games system they can find, which is kinda fun in itself.

Also I gained a "villain" tag after slaughtering most of Fort Joys inhabitants :positive:

gunman

Arcane
Developer
I gave up D:OS halfway not because it was too easy (well, it was kind of easy event on honor mode), but because it became terribly boring. Even if at first it was very exciting. Let's see what your impressions will be after several dozens of hours.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Is there a difference on the Ai or different encounters from the classic mode and the tactician mode? If it is only stat bloat, I gonna play classic, the last thing I want is to spend 30 mins hammering on health bloated enemies with slow attacks with elaborated long animations. Health bloat is harder AND boring and I prefer my games hard but not boring.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Is there a difference on the Ai or different encounters from the classic mode and the tactician mode? If it is only stat bloat, I gonna play classic, the last thing I want is to spend 30 mins hammering on health bloated enemies with slow attacks with elaborated long animations.
I've got extremely limited experience, but it seems the AI is at least slightly different, or possibly also have higher levels or is more likely to use or have grenades and stuff. I could be imagining it or have been lucky/unlucky, I guess.

I simply removed the +50% to shields and took the +50% vitality and made it 75%. Really just moving bloat around, but at least it plays a little bit better and more in a way that feels like it's intended.

Cromwell

Arcane
How do you deal with the strengths of the opponents? Right Click them Harder?

Jarmaro

Liturgist
I gave up D:OS halfway not because it was too easy (well, it was kind of easy event on honor mode), but because it became terribly boring. Even if at first it was very exciting. Let's see what your impressions will be after several dozens of hours.
The most boring thing in D:OS for me was fights with dozens of enemies. There were just too many of mobs to kill all the time. Even good combat system couldn't help it.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
BTW is the AI completely retarded for everyone else when it comes to AoOs? It happens in both klassik and taktishun to me that the enemies just run around for absolutely no purpose when they are in melee range, just to get smacked by an AoO. And it's not even something that happens once in a while, it's in every damn fight.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I simply removed the +50% to shields and took the +50% vitality and made it 75%. Really just moving bloat around, but at least it plays a little bit better and more in a way that feels like it's intended.

This is actually not a bad idea. I suppose removing shields entirely will make it too easy, but keeping them at Classic levels while bumping up their HP like you are doing might work. I'd also lower their damage to 20% increase, rather than 50%, but it depends on how much damage they are doing compared to your HP.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom