Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
http://store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/2095718613784328029
Update 1.1.0.3
5 SEPTEMBER - RAPSDJFF

A couple of bugfixes collected over the last weeks.

Changelog
  • Fixed 'Broken Leg' injury not applying the effect listed in its tooltip properly.
  • Fixed remaining fragments of greenskin or undead hordes potentially destroying settlements even after the respective crisis has officially ended.
  • Fixed incorrect movement speed for player party on world map while using the faster speed setting.
  • Fixed 'Siege Fortification' contract failing when it shouldn't.
  • Changed ambitions to destroy orc, goblin or undead locations to only register as succesful and award a trophy item when there is at least one free item slot in the stash.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
1.1.0.2 was GoG version.

Wonder if this bug fix work at older saves as I halted my campaign to wait for it. Maybe I will check.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Well it works. A bug fix.
So waiting for fix update actually paid off. Now I can restart current campgaign. Not that I want really. As I started adventure in M&B modified Di(ck)plomacy and have a real blast.
Vanillia M&B wasn't great but it sure evolved a lot. The shit tons of upgrades from mods(even exluding total conversions) is just amazing and greatly add to gameplay.
From minor news. I get banned on BB Steam forum. I kind of expect it happen long time ago as I was really a thorn in mods side and well I give them poretext but ofocurse justification is just silly. And as it always happen with faggot mods - no warning and perma ban.
Actually I should thank them as I was spending to much time guiding folks on half dead forum. Now its get taken by Overhyped cultists and their family. I hope they have fun.
Going back to M&B.
See you folks, it was pleasure to chat with you.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Haven't played M&B for a long time, what are some great mods?
What are you looking for?
There are some Vanillia plus mods like:
>Floris and variations on this - plenty of stuff and imporvments but also bloated as hell
>Diplomacy that added plenty of quality of life improvments and make managaing kingdom more deep and less stresful - kind of golden standard that most moders build up
>currently I am playing with /mbg/ Di(ck)plomacy(most current Diplomacy version) with custom troop trees(CTT) included and I have great times
More total conversions that are free and solid:
>Prophecy of Pendor - fantasy with inflated stats and a lot of grind
>The Last Days - lords of the Ring mod
>Bryttenwalda - also known as Boringbalda - early medieval Brittain
>1257 - Medieval Europe
>Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth - Portugalese adventures in Asia
>Perisino - another fantasy
>Gekokujo - Japan warlords era
>A clash of kings - Game of throines mod
Some experimental or strange
>Sayazan -another interesting mod but buggy
>Nova Aeata - really intersting mod with planty of annouing stuff
>Phantasy Caldria - magic
>Warsword - slav mod, slav magic
Some paid ones:
>Viking Conquest - viking version of boringbalda
>Blood and Gold! - pirates
>With Fire and Sword - XVII century Poland and deluge times
There is plenty of other ones that I do not touch, some really strange.
Anyway have fun.

vota DC

Augur
Solid and shade for necromanship.
1866 was western.
There was also the star wars one.

Kuattro

Augur
Beyond that it scales with days?

It doesn't.

I remember one dude experimenting with it in the Steam forums. He said he spent quite a lot of days with just one mercenary roaming on a hill not engaging anyone, and the enemy parties didn't change from the basic bandits and things you find in the early game.

It scales with renown, and maybe, with your equipment and party level/size (on the other hand, you need better renown to get more money and better equipment from the enemies, so probably, only renown counts, the rest is just a natural consequence).

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Beyond that it scales with days?

It doesn't.

I remember one dude experimenting with it in the Steam forums. He said he spent quite a lot of days with just one mercenary roaming on a hill not engaging anyone, and the enemy parties didn't change from the basic bandits and things you find in the early game.

It scales with renown, and maybe, with your equipment and party level/size (on the other hand, you need better renown to get more money and better equipment from the enemies, so probably, only renown counts, the rest is just a natural consequence).
Difficulty also matters. On the normal one you can make do with 5-6 guys for some time, but on the highest one the enemy numbers are too great right away iirc. (though now in the release version bandit marksmen can massacre a small party anyway where previously they didn't usually manage, so I guess the small starting party-strategy is maybe not valid anymore).

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Well it works. A bug fix.
So waiting for fix update actually paid off. Now I can restart current campgaign. Not that I want really. As I started adventure in M&B modified Di(ck)plomacy and have a real blast.
Vanillia M&B wasn't great but it sure evolved a lot. The shit tons of upgrades from mods(even exluding total conversions) is just amazing and greatly add to gameplay.
From minor news. I get banned on BB Steam forum. I kind of expect it happen long time ago as I was really a thorn in mods side and well I give them poretext but ofocurse justification is just silly. And as it always happen with faggot mods - no warning and perma ban.
Actually I should thank them as I was spending to much time guiding folks on half dead forum. Now its get taken by Overhyped cultists and their family. I hope they have fun.
Going back to M&B.
See you folks, it was pleasure to chat with you.

Are you still playing this you junkie :D
How many hours now?

Visperas

Augur
I think the devs said that the difficulty doesn't scale with renown, they said it was party size and average level plus other factors. I was just wondering if they ever revealed exactly what factors and how much... Apparently they haven't.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
I decided to look here and surprise : A activity! Almost paranormal.

I've read speculation that enemy stats scale according to your party's average stats.
No, that is a bullshit.
But it is possible for them to get some stealth buffs in perks(although devs denied this). Remember when wolves with Overhealm appear? At first they have the same look and name as wolfes without it. Devs changed them so they get visual difference but still. They can got beter tier units and higher numbers though so.
Thing is they grow in number and fighting enemy that you outnumber is much easier that enemy that outnumber you. Also who knows what efect enemy bosses have? Bandit leaders buff their troops by - I believe - resolve but who really knows. But still even Resolve buff can be a big difference. That what makes bones undead much harder enemy that their stats - they have no morale and constanly check yours.

Is there concrete information on this game's scaling?
Anyway there were some link that I posted here where devs explain that its scale with company and troop level and renown have zero effect(but it possible that renown speed up crisis trigger), some other people claim that there is also effect from backgrounds and weapons/armors but where backgrounds seem possible weapons and armors not really(unless game count uniques).
It definitly scale with company level.
Taking losses affect contracts almost immiadiatly(as it spawn units) although you need sometimes reload or restart game.
It affect garnisons less - thing is enemy camps are tiered some smaller ones scale less and have much smaller maximum force. Other thing is that contracts replace local forces at enemy camps so it is possible for contracts to reroll much weaker or stronger force that you would expect based on location or earlier scouting.

Are you still playing this you junkie :D
How many hours now?

Add 15 minutes. I stopped when I ecounterd that bug with defeated orc forces still burning village. Raps respond that bug fix will come so I wait for it(in meantime I get banned on Steam forum) so i started playing Warband again. And still playing. Its almost month with no BB and when fix hit I just check if it works - it works - and go back to M&B.
I have pure fun and when I ecounter some small detail that piss me off I just jump into files and change it.
Funny things I start discovering new stuff that I did not know(especially that mods add plenty of new stuff constantly).

I think the devs said that the difficulty doesn't scale with renown, they said it was party size and average level plus other factors. I was just wondering if they ever revealed exactly what factors and how much... Apparently they haven't.

Keeping people in dark is their modus operanti. Even that in game log is barebones. What they tell can be not true, or it change, or it could be possibly some coma in wrong place. Who really knows?

I'm a simple man.
I see Sarissofoi talks about BB,
I click despair.

Well. There is Bannerlord incoming in this week so there is no reason to despair.

Also there is this new kickstar - Iron Oath - that looks promising - but lets check when its coming - early 2019 - NEVERMIND. And I missed chance to buy into closed beta. Maybe for the better. Do not want to change my racial enemy from Germans to Canadians. Hope I will not need to.
Well, nice to see some activity here anyway. Sadly there is no place where I can talk about BBother than here and well this place is dead. To be honest I seen more activity in some old M&B mods subforums that in any place about BB.
Now you can despair.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Can not find it. Must got deleted. But well I think that was just a pretext as I was really thorn in their side for some time.
You have been permanently banned from all Battle Brothers discussions.
You have been banned by a forum moderator.
Reason: "Repeatedly broke the rules on many occasions by posting comments containing, among others: abusive language, discrimination, racism, trolling and/or backseat moderating. You have been given more than enough chances, Sarissofoi."

All that talk about BB make me want to play it. For a moment - then I start M&B.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
You mean I getting close to becoming the hero that Codex both need and deserve?
That is flattering.
Still, not today. Maybe in future but now I am still not worthy.

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
Like i said. Forget those little hipsters. They don't even know what you do with it. Deepest Dark or riot.

PanteraNera

Arcane
At least one must have survived otherwise he wouldn't be banned on the steam form :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom