Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
WARNING: The game returns a warning upon boot that you will no longer be able to play Multiplayer if you do this. Caveat Emptor.
Seems this is a "hack" solution to do this, and you are supposed to use a mod or something. However, I can't launch the mod tools for whatever reason, so this works.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Guise I got a problem. Playing on Tactician, I tried to find some area where mobs wouldn't just obliterate me. On lvl2 I apparently wandered into the Prison, went on into the Keep and then Hollow Marshes while avoiding combat completely. Got to lvl3 on the way but the mobs are still way too hard. Nvm, so I explored what I could and teleported back to Fort Joy.

But lo and behold, suddenly all the Magisters are hostile. What the fuck did I trigger? How does faction standing work? Is there a way to appease them? Coz otherwise I'd have to restart.

Btw either I didn't find a level appropriate area for my lvl2 characters or Tactician difficulty is completely retarded. All the mobs on the island are at least lvl4, they have 200+ HP and they three-shot me. Wtf am I supposed to do?

Prime Junta

Not a fan of the new armour mechanics. Looks like it's an attempt at fixing the problem DOS1 had with combat being all about getting in the first stunlock, and made it about bashing through armour first.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"We'll tune for this difficulty and then scale up (and down)" is pretty much always a disaster for people who want more of a challenge, pleased to see Larian fell into the same trap. :)

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Nothing like fucking a beautiful Lizard whore with my big good undead cock. Feel like a proper dead man.

"Immersion"

Jezal_k23

Guise I got a problem. Playing on Tactician, I tried to find some area where mobs wouldn't just obliterate me. On lvl2 I apparently wandered into the Prison, went on into the Keep and then Hollow Marshes while avoiding combat completely. Got to lvl3 on the way but the mobs are still way too hard. Nvm, so I explored what I could and teleported back to Fort Joy.

But lo and behold, suddenly all the Magisters are hostile. What the fuck did I trigger? How does faction standing work? Is there a way to appease them? Coz otherwise I'd have to restart.

Btw either I didn't find a level appropriate area for my lvl2 characters or Tactician difficulty is completely retarded. All the mobs on the island are at least lvl4, they have 200+ HP and they three-shot me. Wtf am I supposed to do?

There's some turtles near where you find Fane that are lvl2, and other than that I managed to beat the crocodiles at lvl2 after a few attempts, but they're level 3. I agree that there's too few level 2 mobs, but it's doable.

Vibalist

Arcane

Tactician is completely ridiculous as far as difficulty settings go. My friend and I played co-op on classic for the first chapter, breezing through all the encounters with two Lone Wolf characters. Then we decided, fuck it, let's up the difficulty. Now we're in the same situation as you, owing mostly to the fact all our enemies have insane amounts of health and armor. I used to tear through everyone with fire magic and summons, now those spells barely make a dent.

My suggestion is to either start over, or look for the easiest of easy encounters you can find and then proceed from there. You basically have to squeeze every drop of XP out of every map, in the correct order, if you want to play on tactician. At least that's my impression.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
A little exploit - you can talk to Margo, on the west beach, as many times as you have people in the party, and if you say the right lines, you'll get a restoration scroll each time, for a max four scrolls total.

Jezal_k23

The problem is getting to level 3. If you find a way to do it, afterwards you have several lvl3 fights for you to attempt and things get more reasonable.

imweasel

Guise I got a problem. Playing on Tactician, I tried to find some area where mobs wouldn't just obliterate me.
Buy skill books. Teleportation and escape skills are also extremely useful in this game.

I also got to level 3 rather easily simply by doing quests in Fort Joy. They give a lot of XP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadenuat

Arcane

Moment you leave fort Joy into marshes all magisters become hostile, it's scripted. Also shops update at that point, check them out. Pick some lonely guards in fort that time too.

Fights, kill frogs and crocodiles, kill some level 3 undead in marshes, survive beetle rush in marshes, then you can get in a fight with magisters but with help of Garrick not too far from exit from fort Joy, get Garrick back to hidden camp, with level 4 kill magic lizards near hidden camp and then go into mysterious cave for level 5.

Or stop being smartypants and kill everything you can kill instead of skipping fights and higher level loot.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
They decided to up their game, however, and make Tactician shit as well. Sequel!

I like how it's a downgrade even compared to Original Original Sin, where Hard gave enemies 25% more health and 20% more accuracy. If that's all it did here, people wouldn't be tearing out their hair in frustration.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Tactician is completely ridiculous as far as difficulty settings go.

I started on Tactician coz it was the optimal diff in DOS1. The second half was still a faceroll but at least the first one was reasonably challenging. Here tho....jesus. I suspect it's not for the first playthrough, it requires quite a lot of meta knowledge.

Oh well, here goes the restart.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Not a fan of the new armour mechanics. Looks like it's an attempt at fixing the problem DOS1 had with combat being all about getting in the first stunlock, and made it about bashing through armour first.

dos1 never had a 'problem' with stunlocks

Prime Junta

dos1 never had a 'problem' with stunlocks

It made the fights after the early game somewhat monotonous, as the key was always to be the first to apply a disabling status effect and then keep hammering at them until victory.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I like how it's a downgrade even compared to Original Original Sin, where Hard gave enemies 25% more health and 20% more accuracy. If that's all it did here, people wouldn't be tearing out their hair in frustration.

It's very weird, it's as if they never learn anything, but try to brute force everything every time. I don't get it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Perhaps they saw some people on the Codex complaining that Tactician in D:OS EE still wasn't hard enough. :M

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Perhaps they saw some people on the Codex complaining that Tactician in D:OS EE still wasn't hard enough. :M

They should be aware by now that true difficulty comes from AI and encounter design, not bloated stats. If they can't code AI or have a good designer, hire one, I'm sure someone, somewhere can do these things well. Use the money they utterly wasted on VO to hire competent designers and AI coders.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom