Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The shilling has been confirmed

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
This site and the mods, or at least one mod, is being paid to protect and promote Kingslayer. I do not know the details of the shilling, if it was paid during the codex kickstarter, or was agreed to after. But it is beyond doubt the shilling is real.

Most of you super smart people probably remember gamergate. A bunch of people who claimed to enjoy video games were extremely butthurt a female Bioware employee did not like playing the parts of games between the cut scenes or story. In essence, the game part.

Now, you may think she hates games. Or you could say, working for Bioware, she just was never introduced to actual good gameplay. There would be two ways to fix this - get your stories from the much better story telling mediums of books and shows, like sane people with good taste. Or expect your games to have good gameplay, so the parts between cutscenese and stories doesn't suck so bad.

The later would actually be fighting the decline. The former is just dummies wanting the wrong thing from the wrong thing. A good story can make a good game better, but without solid gameplay systems and mechanics it is a shitty game with a decent story for this medium.

You would think when a developer blatantly states he believes games that have a challenge are hostile to its players, and games should focus on everything but gameplay, this person would deserve gamergate to the 100th power.

You have two choices - support the decline of rpgs by allowing this site to be paid for protecting shit games for children, and support shit games for children. Or you can join me in having a hissy fit and not allowing this site or its mods to be paid to protect shit children's games for retards; and ensure you pirate the shit games for retards and not give them a dime until you play it and confirm the game was made for an adult auidience with brains who can think and need solid game systems and mechanics and not just shiny shit for fucking children and hipsters like Pyre and what looks to be Kingmaker.

Maybe, like the gamergate lady, this dev is just a gog in the machine of the company he works for. But, one of the hipsters shills here being paid to protect him would have stated that if he was not the main driving force of the game and the gam's philosophy of child hipster retardism and lacking any challenge or content geared at people with brains who want decent gameplay between the cutscenes and story.

Like me or hate me, don't put up with shilling and we need to shut this fucking hipster kid game playing idiots up. Lets call a truce and get shit done for a little bit.

you've convinced me. I promise to throw one fit a day until the mods apologise to Cleve and to pirate one copy of Kingmaker a day until the their devs stop moving threads.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
bHNaRFa.png

Gee, I wonder why this thread could possibly have been retardoed?

(and not by me, btw)

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
You would think when a developer blatantly states he believes games that have a challenge are hostile to its players, and games should focus on everything but gameplay, this person would deserve gamergate to the 100th power.
Isn't this retard, Sascha Penzhorn, just glorified janitor?
I can't find any information about his place in company.
https://www.xing.com/profile/Sascha_Penzhorn
Writer?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Isn't this retard, Sascha Penzhorn, just glorified janitor?
I can't find any information about his place in company.
https://www.xing.com/profile/Sascha_Penzhorn
Writer?

He's the community manager.

So he's basically just a pointless Stanry Roo?

That's about the furthest from a dev you can get.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I don't need a drama not to support Kingmaker. Seems like typical quest-based real-time (with pause) chosen one dating sim with pregenerated talkative companions made for mainstream audience which kinda started with Baldur's Gate 2 and which is the negation of the kind of RPGs I like. I thought YES! was also very rabid regarding real-time combat, lack of full party creation from the start, annoying emo companions and that kind of features. You kinda disappoint me here for even following Kingmaker in the first place (I play a lot of shit too, but I'm not some self-proclaimed true RPG defender who's shouting loud at any form of RPG decline). No way I'll ever touch this game.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik

(and not by me, btw)

How cute, but it's obvious you found this thread first, pointed it out to all other mods hoping at least one would react. You never get your hands dirty, but you're always behind all the dirt that happens here. Pretty obvious from your rotten past.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Remember when Chris Priestly was working for CD Projekt and started talking some anti-gamer nonsense, so his bosses told him to cut it out and apologize? Good times.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

(and not by me, btw)

How cute, but it's obvious you found this thread first, pointed it out to all other mods hoping at least one would react. You never get your hands dirty, but you're always behind all the dirt that happens here. Pretty obvious from your rotten past.

I do that sometimes, but in this case no

I was planning on retardoing the thread myself eventually but only after more lulz was extracted. We can't really have threads calling for piracy here and that's not my rule.

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
This site and the mods, or at least one mod, is being paid to protect and promote Kingslayer. I do not know the details of the shilling, if it was paid during the codex kickstarter, or was agreed to after. But it is beyond doubt the shilling is real.

Most of you super smart people probably remember gamergate. A bunch of people who claimed to enjoy video games were extremely butthurt a female Bioware employee did not like playing the parts of games between the cut scenes or story. In essence, the game part.

Now, you may think she hates games. Or you could say, working for Bioware, she just was never introduced to actual good gameplay. There would be two ways to fix this - get your stories from the much better story telling mediums of books and shows, like sane people with good taste. Or expect your games to have good gameplay, so the parts between cutscenese and stories doesn't suck so bad.

The later would actually be fighting the decline. The former is just dummies wanting the wrong thing from the wrong thing. A good story can make a good game better, but without solid gameplay systems and mechanics it is a shitty game with a decent story for this medium.

You have two choices - support the decline of rpgs by allowing this site to be paid for protecting shit games for children, and support shit games for children. Or you can join me in having a hissy fit and not allowing this site or its mods to be paid to protect shit children's games for retards; and ensure you pirate the shit games for retards and not give them a dime until you play it and confirm the game was made for an adult auidience with brains who can think and need solid game systems and mechanics and not just shiny shit for fucking children and hipsters like Pyre and what looks to be Kingmaker.

Maybe, like the gamergate lady, this dev is just a gog in the machine of the company he works for. But, one of the hipsters shills here being paid to protect him would have stated that if he was not the main driving force of the game and the gam's philosophy of child hipster retardism and lacking any challenge or content geared at people with brains who want decent gameplay between the cutscenes and story.

Like me or hate me, don't put up with shilling and we need to shut this fucking hipster kid game playing idiots up. Lets call a truce and get shit done for a little bit.

Stop whining

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom