Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Male Portraits anyone?

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
I just copied all the male portraits into a folder, they're all an odd 68x68 .png. Was thinking they'd make good edition to the avatar selection here. Hope I'm not overstepping my bounds here but they were missing from the current Grimoire avatar selection and I figured I'd contribute. If they need to be in a different format or something I can convert them, no big deal.

Male portraits

Ranarama

Learned
Why not just use the original versions from the games he took them from?

Which games are those? Name some.

I was talking about this edit job, guess its from book covers, or Heroes of the Lance. Whatever. I'm not doing detective work for a drama that has already fizzled out.

4oevq4h.jpg

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
First he stole them from games and now you're saying he stole them from book covers? Lol. It's as if you're just looking for reasons to hate Cleve.

And where are these portraits in the avatar selection menu? Someone please screenshot these because I appear to be missing something.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

I was talking about this edit job, guess its from book covers, or Heroes of the Lance. Whatever. I'm not doing detective work for a drama that has already fizzled out.

4oevq4h.jpg

He had graphics artists create those avatars and there is nothing wrong with taking inspiration from something. Read up on copyright law.

Can you use images from games for your profile image? I've seen some people do that. When does copyright matter?

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

4oevq4h.jpg

Are you one of those guys who stands out in front of McDonalds and screams that the clown is working for the Bilderberger group? You're an idiot.

Those portraits were done by a guy in Norway who I assure you had no need to copy anything. He was a brilliant artist and did amazing work with anything he was given.

Be careful, seriously. I don't go for this IP fraud accusations thrown around, I will sue you if you persist. You can defend your stupid gibberish in a court room and your parents can get a second mortgage to pay damages when you lose.

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
This is far from the first time that someone creating art for a computer game decided to borrow take inspiration from illustrations appearing in Dungeons & Dragons material. In fact, this could be perceived as another way in which Grimoire is "old-school". :M

Ranarama

Learned
Be careful, seriously. I don't go for this IP fraud accusations thrown around, I will sue you if you persist. You can defend your stupid gibberish in a court room and your parents can get a second mortgage to pay damages when you lose.

By all means, if you want to squander your meagre Grimoire earnings on litigation - go right ahead.

Dakka

Savant
Are you one of those guys who stands outing front of McDonalds and screams that the clown is working for the Bilderberger group? You're an idiot.

Those portraits were done by a guy in Norway who I assure you had no need to copy anything. He was a brilliant artist and did amazing work with anything he was given.

Wow, look at mister tough guy threatening a lolsuit. I haven't played your game, but I'll be sure to steer clear of it now.

Is this what an obscure indie dev's midlife crisis looks like or something?

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Wow, look at mister tough guy threatening a lolsuit. I haven't played your game, but I'll be sure to steer clear of it now.

This is around the 3000th time he has done this, so you should've known.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Are you one of those guys who stands outing front of McDonalds and screams that the clown is working for the Bilderberger group? You're an idiot.

Is this what an obscure indie dev's midlife crisis looks like or something?

Proof of endocrinal disruptors in tap water.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

Was the artist's name Larry Elmore? If not, then these are low-rent knock-offs.

You are a low rent knockoff of Pauly Shore. I can find greater similarities with public domain portrayals of Christ on Jehovah's Witness pamphlets. Were they copying from "Dragonlance" covers too? The woman is way too different other than being a woman and having hair.

Dakka

Savant

This is around the 3000th time he has done this, so you should've known.
Oh, I've heard about this odd behavior of his from the Steam reviews. I've just never read it personally until now. I really do wonder what causes his irrational outbursts though. I know this goes without saying, but it just isn't normal to get angry and lash out about such minor and petty things.

Proof of endocrinal disruptors in tap water.
You are a low rent knockoff of Pauly Shore. I can find greater similarities with public domain portrayals of Christ on Jehovah's Witness pamphlets. Were they copying from "Dragonlance" covers too? The woman is way too different other than being a woman and having hair.
Seriously, are you alright man? You sound very bitter about something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom