Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Fairfax

Arcane
You can re-customize your characters at the end of Act 1, even their appearances.
Can you change their classes as well?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Anyone know if the npc's you dont party with will be available at a hub later on after fort joy? i was under the impression that those that you leave behind die permanently.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What companions are you guys bringing along with you?

I'm playing with the Lizard as PC, along with the xmen rogue ripoff, Edgy Skeletor, and the mercenary. Not sure if i should exchange one of them for the elf due to ear flesh eating thing or the dwarf pirate for the cool factor.
I dumped Lohse. I'm going with Red Prince (me), Ifan, Fane and Sebille.

Sentinel

Arcane
In D:OS2 you can see everyone's inventories in one screen, if that's what you're referring to. However they all still have their individual inventories.
And what about party?
What do you mean?
This is DivOS2's inventory:
qZgC68b.jpg

Colour Spray

Educated
I made Lohse a Witch because I initially chose the Red Prince as a Hydrosophist/Aetherthurge enchanter and didn't feel like I needed two. Then I got Fane, but I made him a warfare/necromancy hybrid because I was worried that the lack of healing would make him a liability. His play dead ability is ridiculously good for bailing him out of bad situations, though. There's probably a better synergy you could come up with where the party actually uses poisons. :|

It's kinda all over the place, really; having the Red Prince care about water, ice and lightning is kinda dumb considering none of those things interact well with his innate fire ability.
:stupid:
Although, doesn't he start out as a fighter? Lemmie just burn some of this magic shield away and then hit him for some physical damage afterwards. Maybe I'll be able to do something with steam later, now that I think about it.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In

Sentinel

Arcane
In D:OS2 you can see everyone's inventories in one screen, if that's what you're referring to. However they all still have their individual inventories.
And what about party?
What do you mean?
This is DivOS2's inventory:
qZgC68b.jpg

I mean can you build custom party from scratch?
Oh, dunno about that. Didn't try, but don't think so. Closest you can do is create a custom PC and then pick your companions' classes when you first meet them. Apparently you can respec them once you finish Act 1.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Well, after playing for 2 hours I recruited Fane and then I realized that I have 2 geomancers in the party. Needless to say I restated.

After 16 hours I've reached the final battle for the first island and I assume the end of chapter 2.

I'm close to lvl7 (very close) and my main character is a fucking retard with low damage cause summoning is shit.

The thing is I'm not far from the maximum level possible on the island (something around 8.5 if you do everything) but this party is done: even one additional level will not increase my damage output enough.

All party members are specialized: with 27-25 points for the main attribute, max skill level and all skill learned. Also I have the best equipment (epic, unique) on all characters.

But nothing matters cause I cannot win this fight without luck. There is not tactical layer in this game, everything depends on how retarded the AI is. Good job Larian.

You can re-customize your characters at the end of Act 1, even their appearances.

Even the skillbooks?

Salvo

Arcane
Well, after playing for 2 hours I recruited Fane and then I realized that I have 2 geomancers in the party. Needless to say I restated.

After 16 hours I've reached the final battle for the first island and I assume the end of chapter 2.

I'm close to lvl7 (very close) and my main character is a fucking retard with low damage cause summoning is shit.

The thing is I'm not far from the maximum level possible on the island (something around 8.5 if you do everything) but this party is done: even one additional level will not increase my damage output enough.

All party members are specialized: with 27-25 points for the main attribute, max skill level and all skill learned. Also I have the best equipment (epic, unique) on all characters.

But nothing matters cause I cannot win this fight without luck. There is not tactical layer in this game, everything depends on how retarded the AI is. Good job Larian.

Even the skillbooks?

As far as I was told, every skill you have learned will stay learned, but you won't be able to use it unless you meet the correct requirement. For example, you won't be able to use your summoning skills unless you invest into summoning again, but you will be able to pick and learn something new.

Attributes, skills, talents and appearance.

Seethe

Arbiter
Is character creation so retarded for everyone else, that i can't make a min-max character? I couldnt spend attribute points the way i would like them -i had to select a certain preset, and could only wiggle a few points. Why the hell my magic character needs 10 constitution and only 12 intelligence. That's retarded.
The real question here is why are you asking these retarded questions? What is this shit even supposed to mean? You wiggle a few points at the beginning in pretty much any RPG. With the exception of games like Baldur's Gate where you spend 30 minutes like a retard to roll the dice to get a decent number.

Didn't check, but on the positive side,i guess the game start is different given the background you choose.

I stand corrected, the start is the same for any class you choose. Wow what a let down, i thought that i was on the ship, because i had chosen wizard class as my char, and thought that the start is different for other classes. So even if i pick a usual retarded sword waving char, i still somehow end in a boat that is carrying wizards who use source magick. Well i wonder how it would be explained in the plot...

Didn't you say that the 2nd game is not an inch different compared to the first one. Did you even play the first game? Because it's explained pretty clearly that not only "wizards" use Source.

Salvo

Arcane
How are ranged builds in Original Sin 2? I remember them being abysmal in the first one.

Elf Ranger on high ground using Flesh Sacrifice-Haste-Adrenaline combo is quite strong and deals a lot of damage.

anyone fooled with shields and can tell me, if you can play agile character with a shield? Are there shields that require dex or nothing at all?

Unfortunately shields scale off CONstituion, and no viable 1H Finesse weapons exist for a sword and board character. (spears are 2h)

Any idea what Beast and Fane's default class are, someone ?

Beast is a Battlemage.
Fane is a Wizard.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Meh, I played around a bit with pirated version and unfortunately I don't see much improvement over the first game. Things that were good are still good, things that were shit are also still shit.

Great graphics, fun combat with cool combos between the characters, detailed environments.

Edgy writing, pixel hunting for containers, fucky itemization with obscene amounts of trash loot, and my personal favorite, spending 30% of game time on adjusting the camera.

Pass for now, gonna wait for sale and probably play it one day, probably with the inevitable enhanced edition.

Seethe

Arbiter
Didn't you say that the 2nd game is not an inch different compared to the first one. Did you even play the first game? Because it's explained pretty clearly that not only "wizards" use Source.
I've played it 3 years ago, pardon me for not remembering every shitty detail of a mediocre game.

Pardon rejected. Speak only about the shit you know about.

Edgy writing

That's for sure -talking skulls, or fighting demons disguised as chickens. Typical larian humour. Some people like this, and D:OS setting and lore, wonder how...

Don't let the Planescape Torment lovers see you. Incoming rationalization of why it was better in PT

Salvo

Arcane
How do I rip faces off?

You need a certain artifact found in a certain area inside Fort Joy, while accompanied by a certain character.

Game Spoiler
You need to bring Fane to Kniles the Flenser, the torturer found in the blood-infested dungeons beneath Fort Joy. If you let the two talk Kniles will mention how he has something exactly like what Fane needs, and you will find it on him after the fight is over. MORE SPOILER
I believe that you can avoid fighting with Kniles if you bring him Magister Atusa's Leg, the lizard magister that Dallis kills in front of the entrance to Fort Joy

Sjukob

Arcane
How are ranged builds in Original Sin 2? I remember them being abysmal in the first one.
The damage is good , they have some cc and utility too . Nothing wrong with bringing a ranger to your party , poisitioned on the highground they become as threatening as the buffed warrior standing right beside you . My Ifan is now a death machine with his new gifted crossbow dealing about 50 damage per shot . I haven't found a skill vendor for rangers in Fort Joy though and if there isn't one you will have a very limited amount of skills until you get to marshes .

KateMicucci

Arcane
I haven't found a skill vendor for rangers in Fort Joy though and if there isn't one you will have a very limited amount of skills until you get to marshes .
Butter, near Griff.

Unfortunately shields scale off CONstituion, and no viable 1H Finesse weapons exist for a sword and board character. (spears are 2h)
You can use daggers with a shield and it works ok. Biggest problem is it looks stupid unless you use one of the very rare rapier "daggers".

KateMicucci

Arcane
Fort Joy skill vendors:

Warfare- lizard in the cave
Scoundrel- Woman near Griff in the kitchen
Huntsman- other woman near Griff in the kitchen
Summoning- blacksmith woman near the entrance
Aero- guy near the entrance who asks if you're alone
Hydro- blue lizard near the tents and big campfire
Geo- elf walking the beach
Pyro- Stingtail, the lizard sleeping on the beach
Polymorph- healer dwarf
Necro- diseased woman in a tent

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Playing through Divinity 1 while waiting for this to get patched, holy hell does that game have a lot of Codex references. Exactly how much did we raised for the Divinity 1 kickstarter?

No point in waiting for patches, encountered zero crashes and game breaking bugs so far (or any bugs for that matter), clocked 12 hours yesterday.

On a side note, I enjoyed crawling through the Magisters' fortress, picking off patrols commando style and figuring out how to trigger the encounter with paladin in the most favorable way. I wish more encounters were done this way (i.e. you have an option to A-move and fight 5-7 NPCs at the same time, but also if you are patient you can whittle down their forces to something a bit more manageable). Alas some of the most challenging fights just trigger the whole room.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Tried a cool thing with Nvidia and co-op. Nvidia has this setting "Surround" which basically doubles your viewing area if you have two monitors, making it like one. And both mine have the same natural resolution. The resolution gets incredible big though, mine became 3840 x 1080. I got some fps drops of course, but not too bad. From 60 to around 40 with all graphic settings high. So now in-game with the forced split screen mode you and your partner gets each a monitor with the UI working correctly and everything. Really nice. But wanna know how Larian fucked up this part? Combat is shared view regardless of setting! AGH!

But still cool.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom