Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The game is really really good. I can't say it's revolutionary better than the first one so far but I'm only like 8 hours in or something... The writing and voices are definitely better though and the combat... wow the combat. It was great before, it's fucking hardcore now. The AI in tactician can really kick some ass. Wow.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Is character creation so retarded for everyone else, that i can't make a min-max character? I couldnt spend attribute points the way i would like them -i had to select a certain preset, and could only wiggle a few points. Why the hell my magic character needs 10 constitution and only 12 intelligence. That's retarded.

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I just got a 10mb patch. Anyone know what that is?

w9Ykb4H.png

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How are ranged builds in Original Sin 2? I remember them being abysmal in the first one.
I don't like my ranged dude in Original Sin 2 yet. The archer I created in the first game was amazing. She wrecked stuff.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, it seems GOG also received a 10ish mb patch. The version number ends in .999, GOG are terrible at providing patch notes (at least I don't know where and if they document them), so who knows.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Are all challenging fights basically dragon age 2 ambushes?

Just ignore them then. I hate being pidgeon-holed into terrible, lulzy builds the developers arbitrarily brewed up. Always play BG with Level1NPC as well. I can understand why people dislike modifying companions but then... just don't use the option?

Every companion in the game has a standard class you can simply pick that.
"Make anything into anything" is not "options".

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
The game truly didnt change by an inch compared to the predecessor, and that's not compliment. D:OS had bloated crafting[and lots of useless stuff that you could pick up], nonsensical builds, bad dialogs with crappy humour, no container highlighting, too much container with crappy loot[so much time wasted searching all the barrels]. I guess people who liked the first installment will be pleased, but for people who hoped for a change its not a good choice.

Shadenuat

Arcane
So far big chunk of fights is going into arena made up of ladders and barrells knowing there may be instantly spawning mobs higher level than me who wipe party with long range spells.

Also I feel I made a very bad mistake trying to be all stealthy and getting xp mostly from quests.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fane was written by Avellone, right? I think I might dump Lohse. I don't really like her.

Lacrymas

Arcane
The game truly didnt change by an inch compared to the predecessor, and that's not compliment. D:OS had bloated crafting[and lots of useless stuff that you could pick up], nonsensical builds, bad dialogs with crappy humour, no container highlighting, too much container with crappy loot[so much time wasted searching all the barrels]. I guess people who liked the first installment will be pleased, but for people who hoped for a change its not a good choice.

Yeah, I assumed this is what was going to happen. I backed it on KS thinking they've learned a thing or two, but naivete makes fools of us all.

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
I still don't understand why on earth, containers couldnt be highlighted using left alt...
So far writing isnt that bad, but the cringe is strong, like the edgy undead elf, who dont care that the ship will be destroyed. I guess undead are immune to crush damage xD
Character building -attribute points distribution, skills, traits are really really limited. It feels so barebone, like they are planning some expansion. Didn't check, but on the positive side,i guess the game start is different given the background you choose.
I dislike the idea of buying skill books, seems like a cheap way to force you to spend money, which is a problem of many RPGs, where you dont really need vendors.

I've started as mage and finished the tutorial i guess, up to the prison island, so i will try to play tomorrow and see if its any good.

SniperHF

Arcane
In some areas the entire screen would look like a wireframe :lol:

But agree about the general edginess in some of the characters being off putting. Really the first half of act 1 is like that. It gets a bit mixed up in the latter half of act 1 though there are fewer characters overall to meet.

Colour Spray

Educated
I think empty containers have a chance of rolling extra loot based on looting them with a character with points invested in lucky charm. Which makes it a bit of a bother ( :hahano: ) to say the least, but at least helps to explain the abundance of seemingly useless empty containers.

I dunno about just putting all your stats into the main stat though. When I played the early access it seemed a little rough giving away intiative completely like that. I've been using Sebille as a weapon based ranger instead. I figure that you can probably go for a more crit oriented build and that way you can also pick off any phys-vulnerable types so the ai has less units to work with.

Fort Joy finale:
The final chapter fight is more of an endurance battle, in any case. Although when I played it there was a stat for increasing magic / physical armour so I don't know if it's been rebalanced. From what I remember blessed surfaces come in handy with all the curse that gets spread around. I haven't got back there yet, so I dunno if it's significantly harder in tactician mode. I do remember using the elevation to my advantage though.

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Didn't check, but on the positive side,i guess the game start is different given the background you choose.

I stand corrected, the start is the same for any class you choose. Wow what a let down, i thought that i was on the ship, because i had chosen wizard class as my char, and thought that the start is different for other classes. So even if i pick a usual retarded sword waving char, i still somehow end in a boat that is carrying wizards who use source magick. Well i wonder how it would be explained in the plot...

To be fair, Source is a different thing from elemental magic and necromancy, etc. in these games. It's more like divine intervention than fireballs and shit.

Lacrymas

Arcane
In DD it was used for healing purposes. Isn't D:OS2 taking place between DD and BD? Why would anyone be persecuting magic used to heal?

Sentinel

Arcane
Any idea what Beast and Fane's default class are, someone ?
Beast is a Battlemage, Fane is a Wizard

About companions auto leveling up if you dont pick them up at lv1, idk what you're on about. I picked up Beast when I was level 2 and I got to do the level up manually.

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
In DD it was used for healing purposes. Isn't D:OS2 taking place between DD and BD? Why would anyone be persecuting magic used to heal?

Since you seem knowledgeable about D:OS, does D:OS II have party inventory? I always disliked how each party member had separate inventory.And can i create custom party followers? I dont want to end with party follower who is basically a duplicate of my main chars when it comes to skills and attributes.

Sentinel

Arcane
In D:OS2 you can see everyone's inventories in one screen, if that's what you're referring to. However they all still have their individual inventories.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
What companions are you guys bringing along with you?

I'm playing with the Lizard as PC, along with the xmen rogue ripoff, Edgy Skeletor, and the mercenary. Not sure if i should exchange one of them for the elf due to ear flesh eating thing or the dwarf pirate for the cool factor.

Ivan

Arcane
What say you, bros. Should I dive into this bitch or wait for patches? Have you guys had smooth experiences thus far? (home from work)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom