Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls Discussion Thread

Arnust

Savant
Bloodborne really destroyed this franchise. Fuck that game.
I think its fanboys, Bandai and From have. Maybe it's too quick to assume, but probably fanboys like you. :salute:

Silva

Arcane
Excidium II , the only entry to arguably pander to fan cries was DS3. Not even DS2 did that (it's shitty, but original).

lol. so sullynathan is a certified weeaboo?! hahahaha

rdlol.gif

Last edited:

Kitchen Utensil

I used two Hand Axes (upgraded to fire and lightning respectively later on), Reinforced Club (upgraded to fire later on) and Pyromancy, the latter of which felt like cheating towards the end and made O&S and Artorias relatively easy. Grass Crest and Crest shields were also helpful.

The hardest boss for me was Manus I think, followed by Gwyn, since I suck at parrying (I refuse to learn it for some reason), and Quelaag (that thing has a ton of health to deal with at SL1). Edit: I also died an unreasonable amount of times against the Stray Demon. That was so ridiculous I almost called it quits at that time, lol.

Was really quite enjoyable overall and isn't that hard. I must admit I did some farming for titanite and to upgrade the Pyromancy Flame though. It made me respect speedrunners and guys who play through the game without dying even more.

Last edited by a moderator:

polo

Magister
Pyromancy in SL challenges is kind of like cheating :P
But yeah, nice job im too lazy for that.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
That damage is stupidly high for a SL1 lol

Yeah, I noticed that.
By the looks of it, he's using a Red tearstone ring + ring of blades + bright bug + gold pine resin. This is on NG, going by the absence of ads in the sentry and sinner fights, so bosses don't have bloated health values.
though how he got a blossom shield and 99 alluring skulls without beating the game is unknown to me.

polo

Magister

Yeah, I noticed that.
By the looks of it, he's using a Red tearstone ring + ring of blades + bright bug + gold pine resin. This is on NG, going by the absence of ads in the sentry and sinner fights, so bosses don't have bloated health values.
though how he got a blossom shield and 99 alluring skulls without beating the game is unknown to me.
Idk didn't play 2 too much really. Ain't there any kind of glitch to get many of the same item?
Hes averaging a wooping 650 per hit against bosses, crazy.

Grimlorn

Arcane

Yeah, I noticed that.
Don't you get red tesrstone ring in Shaded Woods? He has it in the first boss fight? Bright bugs are also a limited resource early in the game. Wasn't lightning damage also nerfed at some point, so possible he's playing with an unpatched game? Seems people either traded him upgraded Axe and all those items or he cheated to get them at beginning of game.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane

Yeah, I noticed that.
Don't you get red tesrstone ring in Shaded Woods? He has it in the first boss fight? Bright bugs are also a limited resource early in the game. Wasn't lightning damage also nerfed at some point, so possible he's playing with an unpatched game? Seems people either traded him upgraded Axe and all those items or he cheated to get them at beginning of game.

Yeah, that's a possibility. It also means he's playing offline, because From apparently implemented a system that softbans you if you use cheat engine to give you free stuff when playing online.

vdweller

Arcane
Developer
Started playing again...Elite Knight set with 2hand Zwei. God damn it, this game is fun, its areas and level design better than 2 or 3. So far so good, started a bit rusty so got the raep from the gargoyles but soon as I remembered to swing the zwei like a champ I got'em. Got Moonlight Butterfly 3rd attempt, Vagina Dragon 3rd attempt, Queelag 4th attempt, couldn't get fucked searching the levels for every item. Just sort of running to the boss. Probably going to Sen's Funhouse next or maybe the Catacombs for some good laughs (no divine weapons).

Btw which weapons apart from zwei are good for pancaking?

polo

Magister
Luzerne+15 buffed with pine or sunlight blade. BK halberd+5 if u want extra izi mode DS. Nothing can't touch that shiet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom