Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Seethe

Arbiter
The dialog system is really annoying. Third-person lines plus a dopey narrator narrating what's right in front of you on the screen. The fuck's up with that?

Reminds me of adventure games like Quest for Glory, or Leisure Suit Larry. It would've bothered me if I hadn't played those games before, but as it is I find it pretty hilarious.

Does anyone talked to the cat? Those motherfuckin fire slimes burned him before I took Pet perk to talk to him:bunkertime:

The human male origin with weird ass name has the talent to talk with pets already available to him. The cat is pretty insane.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Does anyone talked to the cat? Those motherfuckin fire slimes burned him before I took Pet perk to talk to him:bunkertime:

The black cat that follows you around? Doesn't really say much, but

you get the ability to summon him in battles if he's alive when you leave Fort Joy

Playing Fane as a main character, gotta say undeads have some fun interactions. Couldn't figure out how to keep his sorry ass alive, since I don't have poison vials readily available in every fight, but then I got an epic staff with poison damage on it... and now he enjoys an occasional clubbing delivered by Lohse (with crits too, lul).

2/3 of hp bar in two hits.

:yeah:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Agree - no fucking idea what they were thinking, there. It's extremely jarring, somehow.

It's FULL VOICE ACTING, just because they can.

It's supposed to millennial-proof the game I guess, i.e "make it more accessible", but when it goes to the level of just saying what you can see already, it's retarded.

Mojobeard

Augur
Video game writers everywhere, really, how I am supposed to interpret this? EDIT: to be clear I though this was the fight option :(
77U7nh6.jpg

Any way to make game stop adding shit to my clean skill bar every time I pick something up?
No.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I killed the gheist on the beach, turn out he's the father of a magister in Fort Joy, problem is I already killed all magisters because they turned hostile once I removed collars, which makes it atm impossible to finish that quest :salute:

Ulfhednar

Savant
Some impressions from a few hours playing the game yesterday...

Pros:
  • TB combat is fun, why do people even ask for RTWP?

Cons

• TB is still slow, big fights take forever, i figure this will become unbearable as the game progresses;

I think you answered your own question...

In other news, for anyone like me who played the first game and put it down after a few hours, and then came back to it a few months later with the same result, I do have to say D:OS 2 is more engaging than the first game. I'm having fun with it so far and expect to spend more time with it.

Sodafish

Arcane
Why is your office using such dim lighting? At first glance I thought you were at a cafe.

EU energy saving policy. Bright bulbs are banned. Soon in order to save electricity EU will ban electricity. After all people lived with wax candles for thousands of years, why would you need more?

It's much brighter than that due to large Windows, don't know why it looks so dim

Because you have used a flash to take the picture, so the monitor (which is close) is properly exposed and everything else underexposed.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Is the writing better, though, or is it endless descriptions like PoE or nonsensical purple prose like Numanuma, or a cliche-ridden black hole which suffocates all life?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Why is your office using such dim lighting? At first glance I thought you were at a cafe.

EU energy saving policy. Bright bulbs are banned. Soon in order to save electricity EU will ban electricity. After all people lived with wax candles for thousands of years, why would you need more?

It's much brighter than that due to large Windows, don't know why it looks so dim

Because you have used a flash to take the picture, so the monitor (which is close) is properly exposed and everything else underexposed.

Didn't use a flash

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Does anyone else finds the writing very sjw?The dwarf quest is like"Meh our queen wants to make an army do defend our kingdom,no too much authority we rebel!Oh and i hate nationalists.". Let just say that it didn't ended well for my warrior after that spill.
Also the combat is far too slow,the whole game is far too slow.Oh the quests are a mess.I still have a bunch of flags pointing at a dead people and creatures.I can't fathom how the game is such a mess after so much time in early access.Still beggars can't be choosers.

Sodafish

Arcane

Didn't use a flash

A lamp or other bright light source on the monitor then.

Beggar

Cipher
Playing Fane as a main character, gotta say undeads have some fun interactions. Couldn't figure out how to keep his sorry ass alive, since I don't have poison vials readily available in every fight, but then I got an epic staff with poison damage on it... and now he enjoys an occasional clubbing delivered by Lohse (with crits too, lul).

2/3 of hp bar in two hits.

:yeah:
Yeah, I come to close combat with enemy with my undead , throw poison in that area with the other character and we just stand there with enemy. Hes HP is draining, my HP is restoring from that poison pool. Hell yeah :yeah:

love what they have done with the narrative! Finally a game where everything is voiced and I don't have to hurt my eyes. Could have helped an option to increase the fonts thought!
why do people complain about the graphics? It looks way better then the original. They even changed the interface.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Official soundtrack uploaded to YouTube:

00:00 - Divinity - Original Sin 2 (Main Theme)
03:39 - Mead, Gold, and Blood (Ifan's Theme)
06:19 - Symphony of the Void
09:48 - Rivellon
12:05 - Welcome to Fort Joy
14:08 - A Single Drop of Magic
17:36 - Reflections from the Past
20:18 - Quirky Bones
21:42 - Dancing with the Source
24:07 - Dancing with the Source (Cello Version)
26:31 - Dancing with the Source (Tambura Version)
28:55 - Dancing with the Source (Bansuri Version)
31:21 - Dancing with the Source (Oud Version)
33:46 - Power of Innocence 2017 (Orchestral Version)
37:47 - Reaper's Coast
41:34 - Rivellon (Light Version)
43:51 - A Part of Their Story
48:03 - Amber Ale
51:45 - Driftwood
55:30 - Path of the Godwoken
58:44 - Path of the Godwoken (Tambura Version)
1:01:57 - Path of the Godwoken (Bansuri Version)
1:05:11 - Path of the Godwoken (Oud Version)
1:08:24 - Path of the Godwoken (Cello Version)
1:11:37 - A Tear in the Veil
1:16:15 - Sebille's Theme
1:19:43 - Divine's Lament
1:24:04 - Embrace of the Deathfog
1:28:14 - Fane's Theme
1:30:36 - Sins and Gods (Cello Version)
1:33:15 - Sing for Me (Lohse's Theme)
1:36:10 - Red Prince Theme
1:39:10 - The Queen's High Seas (Beast's Theme)
1:41:44 - Sins and Gods (Strings Version)
1:43:52 - The Battle for Divinity
1:48:55 - Divine's Lament (Bonus Song, lead vocals by Borislav Slavov)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom