Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Seethe

Arbiter
Fane is a piece of shit. It feels like I'm having a 14 year old edgelord in my party. Kicked him asap.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I remember when D:OS EE was in the works they said they increased difficulty not by adding more numbers on top, but adding more enemies and giving them more abilities to use. Might be the same for D:OS2 if they had the time to do it alongside all that VO...

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Fane is a piece of shit. It feels like I'm having a 14 year old edgelord in my party. Kicked him asap.

Yeah, when he starts spouting that he is an eternal, that his people were varied in all shapes, sizes and colors, immortal geniuses and masters of time and space...

Who the fuck writes this shit? i mean, this idiot keeps babbling about how evolved his people were and how backwards everyone else is. I hope it wasn't MCA, because if it was, the guy is just phoning it at this point.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Who the fuck writes this shit? i mean, this idiot keeps babbling about how evolved his people were and how backwards everyone else is. I hope it wasn't MCA, because if it was, the guy is just phoning it at this point.

You might be in for a wild ride. Who knows, though? Fane might have hidden depths, like Erritis.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
so what does tactician mode entails? some lazy shit like more hp/damage/armor or real difficulty like smarter AI, better equipped, better built and skilled enemies?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
so what does tactician mode entails? some lazy shit like more hp/damage/armor or real difficulty like smarter AI, better equipped, better built and skilled enemies?

Scroll up:

Is there a difficulty with a bonus to AI efficiency?

That's still tactician. While enemies are sturdier there, they also have special abilities unlocked (which they'll lack on the other difficulties). And that will change your combat approach a lot. It's pointless to play on any other difficulty. Unless you're a storyfag but since when divinity games are for storyfags?

You might be in for a wild ride. Who knows, though? Fane might have hidden depths, like Erritis.

Chris Avellonee has been phoning it for decades. All that brilliance attributed to him is usually the result of George Ziets' contribution.

The reason CA doesn't want to be a lead writer anymore? Because all the talented juniors from whom he could steal credit have already left Obsidian.

GrainWetski

Arcane
You can cancel movement with right click in combat. It's incredibly useful. No idea if it's mentioned in the game at any point.
Check what other people who play on tactician think about it:
http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=611084

Tactician hasn't been very hard at all. I'm only level 5 so far, though. Then again, my main Fane is almost pure Wits so I always get to go first and CC shit.

Cromwell

Arcane
If you dont let your companions speak alone with someone does that kill their quests? The elf wanted to talk to the cook alone and since I didnt want to be rude to the people who were in the kitchen by letting her gut him like a pig I talked first, but now I see no option to advance her quest.

Prime Junta

The dialog system is really annoying. Third-person lines plus a dopey narrator narrating what's right in front of you on the screen. The fuck's up with that?

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Is Tactician difficulty harder than it was in the first game? Enemies all seem to have a fuckton of armor and HP so far.
It is harder but not in good way. On tactician they basically give enemies: +50% to Vitality, Physical defense, Magic Defense and more initiative.
Man, sad to hear that. Difficulty-by-bloat is always such a fucking downer.
can you take lone wolf on PC and companion later?
Yes, with Lone Wolf, you simply lose the benefit of the Talent if you have more than 1 companion - but you still can.
The dialog system is really annoying. Third-person lines plus a dopey narrator narrating what's right in front of you on the screen. The fuck's up with that?
Agree - no fucking idea what they were thinking, there. It's extremely jarring, somehow.

Andhaira

Arcane
Is the writing more bearable, and by bearable I mean worth reading without taking you out of the game? And are there far, far fewer stupid jokes this time around?

Beggar

Cipher
Does anyone talked to the cat? Those motherfuckin fire slimes burned him before I took Pet perk to talk to him:bunkertime:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Yeah, when he starts spouting that he is an eternal, that his people were varied in all shapes, sizes and colors, immortal geniuses and masters of time and space...

Chris Avellone, in the case of Fane.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Like I said previously -

I hypothesized that way of character expression is done so they don't have to write 7 (6 origins + custom) different manners of speech for the characters. You get to imagine how each one speaks and their choice of words. They are trying to have their cake and eat it.

One might wonder what was the point of 7 writers + MCA. Who cares? Not Larian, obviously.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
If you dont let your companions speak alone with someone does that kill their quests? The elf wanted to talk to the cook alone and since I didnt want to be rude to the people who were in the kitchen by letting her gut him like a pig I talked first, but now I see no option to advance her quest.

Cook just seems bugged, you have to decide and do whatever you want to when you first talk to him.

Otherwise it seems like you can't kill or bribe him if you leave and come back to talk to him again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom