Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

KateMicucci

Arcane
Hmm, after investingating the skills some more I'm thinking I'll probably re-roll and try to make a Dark Knight style character work. Seems that Warfare + Necromancy could actually be pretty fun with a 2-hander or even a Shield. Leech, Blood Sucker, Raining Blood, Shackles of Pain etc.
Preliminary powerlarping report:
Fire magic 1 seems good, always good to stack haste on all characters. Shapeshifting 5 unlocks a skill that lets you cast source skills for no cost for two turns.

Necromancy seems weird to me in general, lots of different skills. Seems like a death knight would work pretty well. In general, due to the cooldows of everything being quite long, it seems like you should try to make good use of the passive bonuses of each ability tree (like life leech for necromancy).
Unfortunately blood rain is Necro1/Hydro1 now. Which means not much blood. Which means blood sucker and leech aren't so good.

Not sure that even the life steal on necromancy is good. It only steals from vitality and only regens vitality. Maybe if you take the Hothead ability it would be decent to keep your health at max.

There is a necro ability that keeps you from dying for 3 turns but it's pretty deep in.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Hmm, after investingating the skills some more I'm thinking I'll probably re-roll and try to make a Dark Knight style character work. Seems that Warfare + Necromancy could actually be pretty fun with a 2-hander or even a Shield. Leech, Blood Sucker, Raining Blood, Shackles of Pain etc.
Fire magic 1 seems good, always good to stack haste on all characters. Shapeshifting 5 unlocks a skill that lets you cast source skills for no cost for two turns.

Necromancy seems weird to me in general, lots of different skills. Seems like a death knight would work pretty well. In general, due to the cooldows of everything being quite long, it seems like you should try to make good use of the passive bonuses of each ability tree (like life leech for necromancy).
Unfortunately blood rain is Necro2/Hydro2 now.

O_o not Hydro1?

Damn.

KateMicucci

Arcane

Unfortunately blood rain is Necro2/Hydro2 now.

O_o not Hydro1?

Damn.
I misrememberd, it is necro 1 hydro 1. Still a wasted point in hydro for a "meh" ability.

Kirkpatrick

Cipher
Anyone else with crappy hardware...does the game appears, dunno, faster, better optimized than D:OS to you too?

Sentinel

Arcane
Nothing wrong with Chameleon turning you invisible in a fight as long as some enemy AIs are smart enough to counter it. If it trivializes every encounter in the game it might be a problem.

Likewise, nothing wrong with stealing giving you loadsamoney. That's basically what thieves do. If they were smart they even included a unique quest for people who steal a lot. I even think they should let you kill the merchants and loot their entire inventory if you so wish.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Here's a question that hasn't been brought up yet - how's the roleplaying? C&C? Environment interaction outside of those for combat purposes? Exploration? Do the tags do anything besides giving you token flavor dialogue options?

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Is Tactician difficulty harder than it was in the first game? Enemies all seem to have a fuckton of armor and HP so far.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Is Larian Studios the holder of the award "The most successful kickstarter story"?

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Wow, looks like you can choose the class of your companions when you meet them.. don't remember that from the Early Access...

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It's a bit of a surface glance, though, here's a much better music in video games channel -

Yeah, it's not musical analysis in the way a musicologist would do it, as it's not so in-depth to the point of only music students or theorists will understand it, but that's not the point.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wow, looks like you can choose the class of your companions when you meet them.. don't remember that from the Early Access...

It was there at least in the final version of EA. Can't remember the reasoning for it, though.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yeah I got bored with the EA pretty quickly, haven't played in like a year at least so if they added stuff I didn't know.

Krzysiek

Learned
Is Tactician difficulty harder than it was in the first game? Enemies all seem to have a fuckton of armor and HP so far.
It is harder but not in good way. On tactician they basically give enemies: +50% to Vitality, Physical defense, Magic Defense and more initiative.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Is there a difficulty with a bonus to AI efficiency?

That's still tactician. While enemies are sturdier there, they also have special abilities unlocked (which they'll lack on the other difficulties). And that will change your combat approach a lot. It's pointless to play on any other difficulty. Unless you're a storyfag but since when divinity games are for storyfags?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom