Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Arkeus

Arcane
OK, what the hell.

I think I am missing something because I keep dying to the two worms in the deck (not even the hardest difficulty, the one just below). Am I missing some weapons or armour, or did I just pick a sucky class?
What class and stuff do you have?

I used water and air spells in combination to chill and stun them.

I never did play my early access copy of the game. Therefore, I am happy that you can choose the role of your companions. I now have three party members. Me as a mage, an archer and a damage dealing fighter. I will try my hand at the arena once I gain another level. I think the fighter type character will make the arena not so challenging.
I redid the thing and it was much easier once I managed to craft myself a poison dagger, as well as get another dagger.

But I'm basically using a shadowblade preset because why not.

I probably should have tried and made my own character, but I'm currently discovering the gameplay.

AetherVagrant

Arbiter
Patron
First Worlder internet speed

Aren't kwanzanians the most fucked of the fucked regarding internet depending on where they live?

Depends what you mean by "fucked". Unless they live in middle of nowhere, most people can get good Internet. The problem is it's often a single-provider monopoly and expensive.
I pay 70 dollars a month for a 60mbps connection because of that kind of monopoly. It'd be lower if I subscribed to their cable package as well, as in it'd be 40 dollars for the internet and 40 dollars for the cable. Meaning it's not really cheaper, and they are fuckwits who yank my chain.

Anyway, Canada is generally more fucked than us. With lower speeds rurally, and bandwidth caps that allow them to charge as much as 160 dollars a month.

Mine is shit, but 25mb down 8mb up and I pay 0$ in US

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Don't mind NPC VO that much, but even the narrator is voiced. Jesus.

There's not a single moment in the game where you can just read dialogue without a voice repeating everything you're reading. Annoys me for some reason.

You can switch the narrator off. Also the "overheard" comments. After playing DOS twice and almost going mad it's the first thing I did.

So far the the UI and QoL stuffies are absolutely top notch. Plus everyhing looks nice, sounds nice and is fast and snapy. Mechanically it's a marvel.

otsego

Cipher
Kirill's absence is profound. distractingly so. The music is..... not what we've become used to.

Other than that, AI is kicking my ass again (on Classic mode, as they did in D:OS1 before I learned how to play properly) so AI 2.0 seems to be working. They've pulled off some combos with the environment that I didn't... but maybe shoulda... seen coming.

Only a few hours in, gonna be a fun ride.

imweasel

Hitler reincarnated SJW-Nazi was hired by Larian to moderate the Steam forums. He/she/it is currently giving out warnings to people for writing lighthearted jokes in the wrong threads.

Beware.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
2 hours in and really enjoy it so far. It's more of the same(which I like), but the writing seems improved- not as silly as in everything happening around the main character has to be commented by sarcastically.

Sjukob

Arcane
So far dissapointed with stats/attributes . I've been playing DOS epic encounters recently and character development is much more interesting there . DOS2 stats/attributes seem to give you only damage boost which is boring . Also why the fuck certain attributes are locked for certain classes ? You can't drop them to zero in character creation , it wasn't like this in previous game .

Gauldur's Bait

Arbiter
Downloading. Wife is away travelling from sunday until next weekend.:dance:

EDIT: I managed to contain myself and play very little of the EA, but now there is no stopping me. :D

Alright, so started Divinity OS 2.

Made a full custom party with 4 origin stories right from the start.
#1 The human mercenary with warfare and summoning
#2 The possessed entertainer with huntsman and polymorph
#3 The red prince with fire and air magic
#4 The elf slave girl with water and earth magic

Completed the tutorial in the ship and having a blast! Just landed on the island where the EA began, playing further.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
1daedf5583fb0d65d02038c21717e0f6522c5676.jpg

I instantly know this is a great game because nerd ratio to female ratio is 100000000:2

CRD

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
If someone manages to see the codex fundaiser troll, could please take some screenshots?

I don't plan to play it for now until they polish the bugs and balance the game after some patches, but I really want to see the troll :P

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I wonder if that photo shows the hierarchy in the company, or it's just random placement

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Is there a way to highlight interactables? (Not items, which is the alt key)

It feels like a chore to click all the items to loot it, just like it did in D:OS 1. Disappointed they didn't improve the UI in that regard.
IT feels extremely clunky.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

It feels like a chore to click all the items to loot it, just like it did in D:OS 1. Disappointed they didn't improve the UI in that regard.

its by design. Intention is to find secrets. You will find containers behind the bushes and highlighting it would ruin everything. You can highlight NPCs with ~

Then why not just make PART of the interactables highlightable? not having a key at all is fucking stupid and feels extremely shitty. You easily miss stuff. jut basic stuff, because u have to be hovering around like a madman with your mouse to find shit instead of just playing the game.

They could make secrets and other stuff not highlightable, and make shit like common doors, crates, bodies highlightable..

0/10 larian. really.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

its by design. Intention is to find secrets. You will find containers behind the bushes and highlighting it would ruin everything. You can highlight NPCs with ~
I don't think there's a viable middle-ground here. On one hand, I think it makes perfect sense that things should be hidden sometimes, so you actually have to find them. Highlighting ruins that element completely. But on the other hand, I will never not be frustrated by the fact that often, I "miss" things that my character should actually be able to find just fine, whether it's a closet or a switch, out in the open, that just happens to be hidden behind a wall.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, since I've been playing Fallout 2, where they make liberal use of this "tactic" of hiding things that should actually be obvious (as well as non-obvious), forcing you to walk along the edges of walls just to see everything. While obviously slightly different based on the limitations of the time, the principle is the same. And it pisses me off when I somehow missed a console (or a fucking human being) because it was behind something, or a footlocker tucked in a corner to the lower left of a room. Without relying solely on Perception-based stats (which could be entirely warranted, but also fairly unengaging and potentially odd), I'm not sure how to resolve it satisfactory - both sides are shitty choices because the scenario and intent changes entirely on the situation.

Then why not just make PART of the interactables highlightable? not having a key at all is fucking stupid and feels extremely shitty. You easily miss stuff. jut basic stuff, because u have to be hovering around like a madman with your mouse to find shit instead of just playing the game.

They could make secrets and other stuff not highlightable, and make shit like common doors, crates, bodies highlightable..

0/10 larian. really.
Because highlighting focuses your attention entirely on the highlights. It's a perception thing, and selective highlighting like that would either feel random and arbitrary, or pretty much ensure that you find no secrets, ever, unless you're scanning the screen and trying to look at details anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom