Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Tim Cain, Leonard Boyarsky and Feargus Urquhart reminisce about making Fallout 1 & 2 at Eurogamer

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
It's going to be the game with the monkey and time travelling and dinosaur PETA isn't it?

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Seems pretty suspicious; all this Fallout related nostalgia, Nu Vegas, talk about promising canceled projects like Aliens RPG... I agree with Christ Avellone that Bethesda usually outright buys studios they like and the fact they didnt buy Obsidian is quite telling

Yes, because getting bought by Bethesda Overlords sounds so fucking awesome deal:

http://www.dayonepatch.com/index.ph...-them-and-tried-to-do-the-same-to-human-head/

Because Obsidian managed to deliver the game in time and in a way better shape than those fucks at Bethesda actually expected, they were able to remain free from slavery.

The amount of asskissing towards Bethesda by MCA is quite sad.
I dont know, the games developed by studios bought by Bethesda have been fucking good lately; Doom, Wolfenstein, Prey, Dishonored... they are pretty good at keeping fingers off

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Great interview, even though a lot of it is stuff we've heard a million times before by now.

Diggfinger

Arcane
Dudes, a Leonard Boyarsky Matt Chat appearance is in the works as we speak.
Hopefully this will coincide with announcement of their new game.

- Digg

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
Maybe it's just me, but it can't really be coinsedence, that Boyarsky, Cain and Urqhart talk ALOT about FO1+2, New Vegas this week.. and plan to reveal something soon...

I think the new game they are working on at Obsidian might actually be a post-apoc rpg in line with the fallout universe. HYPE

Didn't they say a little while back, that Fallout fans would be very pleased with this game? Also Fallout is Boyarsky's favorite game.

Who the fuck cares about Obsidian and why are some of you treating them as some sort of incline messiah when they've repeatedly let everyone down in the past
KotOR 2, New Vegas, Stick of Truth, Alpha Protocol - what more do you need? Those are decent games in a sea of shit. Worth giving them another chance I think. Even if they are losing too many people I like.

Studios are ultimately comprised of people working on games and none of the schmucks at 2017 Obsidian has ever done anything like New Vegas

Two of them know the method that was used to make Fallout 1. I liked how when F2 came up, Fergus wasn't so pleased with the result, and said they did things differently when making it.

Last edited:

Iznaliu

Arbiter
True. Life can be deconstructed in small bursts of "PR bullshit".

Or as one large, neverending stream of PR bullshit. You'll get a look at it if you view a sewer on the inside.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom