Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Speaking of VO...

dn-tamarinpayne-hollyoak-003.jpg

those are some proper wrapped around my head and cum legs...

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
First example of top-of-the-line writing:

The wood feels neither warm, nor cold, but simply gray.
Emphasis theirs. Wtf is this shit. There were examples of the same in Torment:TON.
If it's anything like the EA there's typos everywhere.

There is no typo, it's just shit writing, as in shitty use of the English language. Like an 8 year-old putting on his best Oscar Wylde impression.

In fact, that line could have been straight from NuTorment. No one knows how to express themselves any more. I blame the Internet. And millennials.

And yes, the "wylde" thing was intentional, to prove my pointe.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So my favourite RPG archetype is usually a dwarf with a giant smash hammer, here tho it seems their natural trait is "+1 sneaking". I don't exactly wanna play a rogue so what about Wayfarer? A survivalist of sorts, with animal talk, trap disarming, bow etc. Is that a way to maximize the natural talent? Or does it matter fuck all in the long run and I can just pick whatever profession I like?

Sentinel

Arcane
First example of top-of-the-line writing:

The wood feels neither warm, nor cold, but simply gray.
Emphasis theirs. Wtf is this shit. There were examples of the same in Torment:TON.
If it's anything like the EA there's typos everywhere.

There is no typo, it's just shit writing, as in shitty use of the English language. Like an 8 year-old putting on his best Oscar Wylde impression.

In fact, that line could have been straight from NuTorment. No one knows how to express themselves any more. I blame the Internet. And millennials.

Just to clarify, I wasn't saying the "gray" was a typo. I was saying that, if the full release is anything like the EA version, you'll be finding typos pretty frequently. I saw the use of an apostrophe to refer to the plural of a noun.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
those are some proper wrapped around my head and cum legs...
I appreciate women who squat.

You mean "to prove mine pointe" of course.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
So my favourite RPG archetype is usually a dwarf with a giant smash hammer, here tho it seems their natural trait is "+1 sneaking". I don't exactly wanna play a rogue so what about Wayfarer? A survivalist of sorts, with animal talk, trap disarming, bow etc. Is that a way to maximize the natural talent? Or does it matter fuck all in the long run and I can just pick whatever profession I like?

If it's like the first one, your starting class is just an initial skill point and stat point allocation. You can take any ability or use any combat style your stats allow.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Great. It's fully voice acted. That's where the budget went, instead of giving us a graphics engine from this century.

Millennials mang. I just knew millennials would fuck up this game because redding is teh hard.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It's called roleplaying faggot :smug:

In all my years of pen & paper I don't recall ever stating "I tell her that I wish to defecate on her countenance" instead of just talking to whatever character the GM is currently playing and say "Imma shit on yo head ya damned hoe" except perhaps when we were kids and thought that's how you done did it

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I hypothesized that way of character expression is done so they don't have to write 7 (6 origins + custom) different manners of speech for the characters. You get to imagine how each one speaks and their choice of words. They are trying to have their cake and eat it.

SniperHF

Arcane
My game crashes on launch so there's that.

Great. It's fully voice acted. That's where the budget went, instead of giving us a graphics engine from this century.

Millennials mang. I just knew millennials would fuck up this game because redding is teh hard.

Graphics whoring is like .1 degree of incline over demanding voice acting in the grand scheme of things :M

Seethe

Arbiter

The graphics would've been like this with or without voice acting.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Alright I could say I like the game but it's pretty rough
It's called roleplaying faggot :smug:

In all my years of pen & paper I don't recall ever stating "I tell her that I wish to defecate on her countenance" instead of just talking to whatever character the GM is currently playing and say "Imma shit on yo head ya damned hoe" except perhaps when we were kids and thought that's how you done did it

But,but there's so many dialogue options and so many posibilities,who cares about quality and when you have quantity,get with the times got damn it

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom