Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Avernum 3: Ruined World announced, coming Q1 2018

Zeriel

Arcane
They say you get wiser as you get older. With game developers, there seems to be an inverse correlation: the older they get, the stupider they are.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
He might alternate the new series with Geneforge remakes, same as he alternated Avadon and Avernum.

Well, a remaster is not the same as a remake, although the cool ideas quote suggests its going to be the latter. As long as he doesn't pull a Beamdog and remove the originals then IMHO he can go on remastering as long as he wants, but unless he comes up with fresh ideas he's on a ride to diminishing returns.

aratuk

Cipher
It's something about the air around Puget Sound that lends itself to revisiting the same work. The Tarn brothers have been working on the same game for many years now, while Vogel continually updates his previous work, and Microsoft chugs along making new versions of Office and Windows and Minecraft…

I wonder if Vogel has a schedule for what will be working on for the rest of his life.

My false history would hold up better if Harebrained were working on another iteration of Shadowrun, instead of Battletech, but I guess neither of those is anything new, anyway.

Mortmal

Arcane
Huh, cant even remember Avernum 3, time for a replay i guess.
Old age is a blessing for rpgfans, since we dont get many new titles its fantastic we are starting to forget them. Alas i am still not senile enough and do remember avernum 3 or was it..exile 3..a big overworld map .. and oh well gonna replay it too.

Well i still remember Might and Magic 3, so much that i cant replay it without knowing where to go, what to look for and where etc.

I guess i skipped Avernum 3 or didnt finish it or something.
Probably not finished it, the avernum end game is often filled with hp bloated enemies , it gets tiresome after a while.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom