Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Apocalypse Now RPG by Monty Markland - terminated with extreme prejudice!

Mustawd

:roll:

Whatever. I'm done. I hope you guys enjoy a great AN game and 15 years from now I'll be playing it and eating crow by posting ITT. I just seriously doubt it.

Mustawd

thank you for the future acquisition.

Oh no...I'd pirate that shit. Steal the shit out of it. I'm not putting any money in your pocket. You fucking used car salesman.

In your zeal, you missed the intentional use of the word "acquisition" instead of "purchase"

I'm an accountant. Same word to me.

To be completely honest, I'm genuinely shocked how remorseless you are. Like, you really don't see anything wrong with any of this do you? Wow...I mean...to have that kind of self assurance. To go home and kiss your kids with the same mouth that you tell you employees "Guys, we're making an Apocalypse Now video Game! It's gonna be great HAHAHA!". Wow...how do you do that?

Really, I'm not kidding. How do you look into their little eyes...the little mini mes of you...their innocence...and lie to them? How do you tell them "Daddy is a good man. He remakes old ass franchises into video games. Trust me. It's a good thing. Because money."

You know...I mean....I have a 3 year old nephew and a 2 year old niece...and you couldn't pay me 1 billion dollars to lie to them like you lie to yourself every fucking day. Every fucking day you shave and as you wash the shit off your face you look in the mirror...and you tell yourself, "Hey....I'm doing good..haHA! People want this product. And then you go on about your day with that self assurance.

Well fuck you MLMarkland . Really. I say that from on behalf of my nephew and my niece. I say that on behalf on my unborn children that I will have. I fucking hate you on behalf of my miscarried son that I never talk about. I fucking hate everything you stand for. I fucking hate your project. You fucking charlatan piece of shit. I hope this thing never sees the light of day you fucking asshole. This world has a lot of bad people. And you are one of them.

EDIT: Fuck this I'm out. I can't belice a website like this fucking supports an shitface like this. Goodbye.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wow. You're kinda going off the deep end here. Even if everything you say and assume is 100% true, this level of rage is clearly irrational and caused by something else. Get well soon buddy. :(

Mustawd

You know what? Fuck that. People like this asshole make life harder to go on. MLMarkland , you know what movie I wanted to share with m,y unborn son? Huh? Can you guess?
It was Apocalypse Now. Instead you're making a mockery of it. I hope you're happy. I hope it gives you fucking joy to ruin a fucking great thing and dilute it into a goddamn travesty. I think I'll p[rolly gop the way of CJM.

Night all.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
This seems like a very irrational level of rage considering the context.

I think I'll p[rolly gop the way of CJM.

Also, I really hope this is a joke in (extremely) poor taste. If it isn't then seek help, seriously.

duanth123

Arcane
Every good Codexian at one point or another finds themselves so overtaken by the forces of Decline that they transform into the raging Id of the Codex.

Even better to see the shills consternate over the potential alienation of a dev, as manifested by a sudden, overweening interest in Mustawd's mental health, as if he just cut off his own dick.

Trust your instincts, I say.

duanth123

Arcane
the raging Id of the Codex.

Wot?
The id (Latin for "it",[4] German: Es)[5] is the disorganized part of the personality structure that contains a human's basic, instinctual drives. Id is the only component of personality that is present from birth.[6] It is the source of our bodily needs, wants, desires, and impulses, particularly our sexual and aggressive drives. The id contains the libido, which is the primary source of instinctual force that is unresponsive to the demands of reality.[7] The id acts according to the "pleasure principle"—the psychic force that motivates the tendency to seek immediate gratification of any impulse[8]—defined as seeking to avoid pain or unpleasure (not "displeasure") aroused by increases in instinctual tension.[9] According to Freud the id is unconscious by definition:

It is the dark, inaccessible part of our personality, what little we know of it we have learned from our study of the dreamwork and of course the construction of neurotic symptoms, and most of that is of a negative character and can be described only as a contrast to the ego. We approach the id with analogies: we call it a chaos, a cauldron full of seething excitations. ...It is filled with energy reaching it from the instincts, but it has no organization, produces no collective will, but only a striving to bring about the satisfaction of the instinctual needs subject to the observance of the pleasure principle.[10]

The id "knows no judgements of value: no good and evil, no morality. ...Instinctual cathexes seeking discharge—that, in our view, is all there is in the id."[13] It is regarded as "the great reservoir of libido",[14] the instinctive drive to create—the life instincts that are crucial to pleasurable survival. Alongside the life instincts came the death instincts—the death drive which Freud articulated relatively late in his career in "the hypothesis of a death instinct, the task of which is to lead organic life back into the inanimate state."[15] For Freud, "the death instinct would thus seem to express itself—though probably only in part—as an instinct of destruction directed against the external world and other organisms"[16] through aggression. Freud considered that "the id, the whole person...originally includes all the instinctual impulses...the destructive instinct as well",[17] as eros or the life instincts.

Last edited:

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
thank you for the future acquisition.
You know...I mean....I have a 3 year old nephew and a 2 year old niece...and you couldn't pay me 1 billion dollars to lie to them like you lie to yourself every fucking day.
I would lie to my own kid AND punch him in the face for a billion dollars- Hell, alot less.

Also (more on topic) I find the article suspect- Who the hell works without getting paid to the tune of 9k? Maybe a week tops- Even then if you somehow did work for 9k without being paid, you are not only stupid but thats highly illegal and you could go to the labor board- Admittedly, I have no idea how software development works but I find alot of things in that article a bit hard to swallow.

Plus, chill bro- I'm not sure what it is about this game exactly that has you so pissed or if theres something personal between you and the dev (I had my own rage out a couple years ago for my own reasons - So I get it) but your posts are out of character for how you normally are

Last edited:

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Newfags. 8000 posts, two years. Never have anything interesting to say.

When you grow up, you'll find that ML already addressed the fact that there really aren't any new stories. Anyone that made it through junior high can tell you that. It's all about how you get there and how much fun you have doing it.

I love Star Trek but hate many of the movies and games and many episodes. Same with Star Wars. I've even read a few Star Trek books in my life. Were they works of arts? No. Did I know the characters and their mannerisms and got right into the adventure? Yes.

Go play Elite Force 1 and 2. I loved them. I had a blast. Do you like Bridge Commander or Klingon Academy better? Which Jedi Knight is better and why? Or are adaptations to different media complete crap because it pollutes your stupid frothing at the mouth five year-old SJW mentality because it conflicts with your current belief system and everything else in the world is wrong?

Now you must try to shame someone online because welcome to the the new 'social system'. Anyways it doesn't matter. What's great is that this site doesn't moderate (too much) and it's probably a reason why people like you come here because you're not used to speaking your mind like most people were used to doing for the last few decades before your generation started attacking people for whatever reason.

But it doesn't matter, keep on frothing at the mousterd, I've never put anyone on ignore and never will. Maybe in your 8000 posts you've said something interesting. But I think it's great that I can tell you this and you can beak off to someone about a game they haven't made yet because a chunk of your brain has been raped by an idea. SJW full max. And that's your opinion. My opinion is that you're a fucktard and a shitposter.

Like I said before, I'm super bored of games. I look forward to anybody trying something new. An RPG/Adventure/Story/FPS with C&C in alignment with what we've been discussing here for over a decade has my interest. I guess for some just the idea of it melts their brain into a puddle of silly goo.

Did I mention that I've been using the Unity Engine (yes, Unity) to develop a top-down 2D space action game with RPG elements and dialogue that may or may not have been loosely inspired by events that occurred in The Deer Hunter (1978). I might even throw in some sci-fi effects that I read in a book one day (but I won't tell you which so you don't lose your brain). After that I'm going to rape Conan's bitch, Red Sonja if I can get the license.

If that doesn't throw you into a tizzy and bunch up your panties, I don't know what will. Faggot.

I'm looking forward to this game when it releases, like KCD. I hope for Exlax but have doubts. Basing this on a good story doesn't bother me at all. Watching newfags puke all over themselves is part of the entertainment I guess for some but got old for me many years ago.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
098.jpg

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Didn't figure Mustawd'd be the sort of guy to click like that. That's what makes this place fun to watch I suppose. Like rolling a d20 for completely random event every time.

Last edited:
Our team came in and said, "Hey we think it only works as a horror game and we just worked on Aliens so we've got some ideas."

Is this the cancelled Alien Crucible you are talking about? It sounds like you basically want to ressurect/recreate Alien Crucible by repurposing the design tenets to the theme of Apocalypse Now. Would you say that is correct? Except now as a single character first person game?

For the record, Alien Crucible was the game that they insisted would be "survival horror/stealth" years ago but as the details emerged, it turned out that their idea of stealth/survival was setting traps and killing and exploding stuff from a distance, with nothing whatsoever to do with survival, horror or stealth and with progressively bigger and badder aliens to face. Check out late stage dev videos that showcase bland gameplay, awkward controls and poor writing.

I am glad that SEGA canned it.

And then you go on to mention Alien Isolation in the same breath as an inspiration, which is as far an experience from Crucible as the latter would be, despite also having trap devices available to the player, except as temporary deterrents to an unstoppable threat.

I just hope AN won't be as terrible. Based on your references to Crucible and what Crucible was going to be, this project sounds like DOA to me. But maybe the first person narrative with Far Cry references will save it?

Where do the RP of G come into the picture, I wonder. It sounds like it will be as much an RPG as Stalker or Far Cry series are, meaning not really one.

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You know what? Fuck that. People like this asshole make life harder to go on. MLMarkland , you know what movie I wanted to share with m,y unborn son? Huh? Can you guess?
It was Apocalypse Now. Instead you're making a mockery of it. I hope you're happy. I hope it gives you fucking joy to ruin a fucking great thing and dilute it into a goddamn travesty. I think I'll p[rolly gop the way of CJM.

Night all.
This is where he dropped the ball. He is just trolling. Mustawd is not the kind of guy who has meltdowns like this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom