Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Remnants of the Precursors - Merry Christmas, bitches

Oh yeah, I got almost a million star galaxy! Very nice! Slow, but maybe even playable. I didn't try that more than a few turns and went for a much smaller galaxy.

There's some issues with font scaling. Version 4.08.

pbvV9m9.jpg

Endemic

Arcane
Interesting...I'm at 1920x1200.

What happens if you change res? The game's set to run windowed so it will automatically adjust to be slightly smaller than your desktop.

RayF

Arcane
Patron
Developer
omg that is funny and definitely a bug. Let me look at it tonight.

RayF

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Alpha 4.12 is out. https://remnantsoftheprecursors.com/2017/09/13/alpha-4-12-is-ready/

Just so you guys know, as a software developer I am a huge believer in rapid turnaround for fixes. That's why you see smaller patches every night instead of huge patches every few weeks. This allow testers to get fixes in their hands asap and keep playing. No one likes to invest hours in a game only to get stuck on a bug and then have to wait forever for a fix to finish it.

Endemic

Arcane
I get the impression that the range circles aren't intended to be moving around with the mouse cursor. Probably a bug?

Yeah, range circles are certainly broken.

About AI... not sure if this has been addressed somewhere, but why are my neighbours constantly bombing my colonies when we aren't even at war? Don't remember it being like this in the original.

RayF

Arcane
Patron
Developer
I get the impression that the range circles aren't intended to be moving around with the mouse cursor. Probably a bug?

Yeah, that slipped into 4.12. There's a 4.12b now specifically to fix that. Sorry! Shit happens.

RayF

Arcane
Patron
Developer

About AI... not sure if this has been addressed somewhere, but why are my neighbours constantly bombing my colonies when we aren't even at war? Don't remember it being like this in the original.

Oh, it was definitely in the original. I will agree that it's a little confusing, but people seem to like it.

Declarations of war are really just pieces of paper in this game. If you want security, sign a non-aggression pact.

Oh, it was definitely in the original. I will agree that it's a little confusing, but people seem to like it.

Declarations of war are really just pieces of paper in this game. If you want security, sign a non-aggression pact.
I guess it was easier to ignore when it was just occasional bombing. Now the AI seems to be much more aggressive. Now they're also sabotaging my factories right after going "Peace be with you, friends!" in the diplo-screen. :shittydog:

Alright, no complaints about that then.

But overlay is still broken during the colony pop-ups at the beginning of turn:
9FpS31V.jpg

About name lists for stars by the way... could you combine them? Getting lots of duplicates on bigger maps and it's a bit silly when there's just one naming theme for every star in the galaxy (excluding homeworlds)

RayF

Arcane
Patron
Developer
The original game had a list of about 105 names for the maximum size galaxy. Remnants has lists of 120+ names, unique for each race. However, if you are playing with duplicate races (because you selected more than 7 opponents) then those duplicated races will use the same lists.

I'll see if I can maybe offset their system name selections so that they immediately start at the same spot in their list. That should help a lot

The original game had a list of about 105 names for the maximum size galaxy. Remnants has lists of 120+ names, unique for each race. However, if you are playing with duplicate races (because you selected more than 7 opponents) then those duplicated races will use the same lists.

I'll see if I can maybe offset their system name selections so that they immediately start at the same spot in their list. That should help a lot
The way it seems to be working at the moment is that only the player's name list is used. Ie. I'm Psilons and every star is some scientist even though there are five other races in the game as well.

Inconsistency in visuals between Orion and Remnants:
In Orion when you trade a tech from someone it's that other race's scientist who presents the tech, in Remnants it's your own scientist.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom