Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 5 Announced

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You'll never get good playing single player.
Who cares?
I usually play for fun, not because of some weird obsession to beat everyone :lol:
I just care about not being ashamed of myself once I get rekt.

That said, TigerKnee , you can play in FFA MP games. When you have no team mates, you cannot drag anyone down, eh?

Dayyālu

Arcane
I just want some proper UW in LA that is not R'lyeh. :argh:

You already have LA Atlantis, the proper ruler of the seas and the Master Race.

erythea.png

Look, instead of weak mermens that copy the human weakling in a court of betrayal and incest you should trust superior Atlantean genetics, ice crafting and Death Magic. Pliz ignore Atlanteans are the other 50% of the Starspawn's enslaved workforce, THIS TIME we'll manage to beat them.

Shitposting aside, it seems that Pelagia will have a simulated "infighting between nobles" chain of events, so you can get your rulers assassinated or poisoned. I am gonna love this.

That reminds me that I hope that they improve the messaging system to include some obscene shit like a cursor and the possibility to move said cursor.

Added. I know, it's like HERESY. You can EDIT MESSAGES NOW

Aww yeah, time to
only play against the terrible cheating AI and never play multiplayer because you don't want to shit up games with your badness :negative:

C'mon, we are all bad. Play a team game, get me to scream at you then realize it's a fucking game and it doesn't matter. Join us, we're fun.

Last edited:

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
:bounce:

Let the Decline games begin!

Didn't expect that, too. One question: are the bless effects cumulative (probably not)?

Dayyālu

Arcane
:bounce:

Let the Decline games begin!

Didn't expect that, too. One question: are the bless effects cumulative (probably not)?

Cumulative? Yes, you can combo them.

Three levels:

Passive, always active (like Undead leadership or Magic Weapons)
Regular (needs Bless spell on sacreds)
Incarnate (needs bless spell AND your god on the map)

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Maybe near christmas, when I have some holidays and my enterprise is closed due to the freezing temperature and if a suitable game starts around said period, I will actually manage to play this MP :negative:
because you don't want to shit up games with your badness

Dafuq are you talking about? Traditionally all codex games have been a rotation between a core comprised of a few experienced players and quadruple that number of Magnificient Bastards just going YOLO! and shitting said pro-gamer's fine tuned strategy with acts of random madness. You'd fit in like a charm...

Try it, it's free!

If I can play Dominions in MP anyone can!

Our final confrontation during the Geriatric Wars is still the best Dom4 battle I've ever had the pleasure to play :salute: unfortunately for you I'm a shitty player so that's not much of a compliment :lol:

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
They have a pretty darn effective copy protection scheme, though - much better than Denuvo.
First, the games are fairly niche. Then, they frequently update and go through the trouble of blacklisting individual keys or even key ranges that are "out in the wild".
Also, their copy protection works slyly, in CoE4 the game would run just fine and start, but if you ended your first turn, all your units would be wiped and you'd auto-lose the game.
And there were like 5 scene cracked releases of CoE4, none of which ACTUALLY worked. :lol:

Damn. No wonder they never bothered to release on GOG. :negative:

Johannes

Arcane
They have a pretty darn effective copy protection scheme, though - much better than Denuvo.
First, the games are fairly niche. Then, they frequently update and go through the trouble of blacklisting individual keys or even key ranges that are "out in the wild".
Also, their copy protection works slyly, in CoE4 the game would run just fine and start, but if you ended your first turn, all your units would be wiped and you'd auto-lose the game.
And there were like 5 scene cracked releases of CoE4, none of which ACTUALLY worked. :lol:

Damn. No wonder they never bothered to release on GOG. :negative:
I don't think there'd be any problem with releasing on GOG. You can pirate the game, and it works if you have the key - but most people don't want to give their key away if it means getting it blacklisted from playing newer versions.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
This came out of nowhere and it's pretty close to release as well. Wish they'd try to work on making the game more SP friendly, but Illwinter is probably not interested in even attempting that.
Wanna SP? Get a pirated version.

This would be nice freeware game, when they wouldn't charge 30-50$ for it.

Dominions 3 with a nonviable key runs perfectly fine for the first 10-20 turns or so. Then the UI disappears and that's that. I find it intriguing that their copy protection works alot better than anything mainstream devs have in place.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Dominions 3 with a nonviable key runs perfectly fine for the first 10-20 turns or so. Then the UI disappears and that's that. I find it intriguing that their copy protection works alot better than anything mainstream devs have in place.
Honestly, it might just be that the game is too niche to attract many people to try and crack it properly.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Aww yeah, time to
only play against the terrible cheating AI and never play multiplayer because you don't want to shit up games with your badness :negative:

There's a steam group called "/v/anheim, Age of Vidya". Blitzes are held there regularly, good for fun and learning, everyone is welcome.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
The first game on here, when everyone is trying to figure out blesses/recruitment/real-time scripting tactics etc., will be glorious.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Still no GOG release :argh:

These fuckers know I'm going to D1P regardless of whether it's on Steam or GOG :negative:

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Pefect! Now I only need some sort of natural disaster to happen here. Ideally an hurricane, but I'd settle for any calamity I can use as an excuse to shut myself in and play untill food becomes a problem.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
It's perfectly timed for the winter season and the coming war. As long as there is power and hopefully some internets, everything is well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom