Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The Devil of Caroc confirmed cameo? I doubt it, since she's one of the least likely to appear, but still :p I've always found it weird that she's called a devil, since nobody in the setting ever refers to such creatures and afaik the setting itself doesn't have devils/demons.

Rev

Arcane
The Devil of Caroc confirmed cameo? I doubt it, since she's one of the least likely to appear, but still :p I've always found it weird that she's called a devil, since nobody in the setting ever refers to such creatures and afaik the setting itself doesn't have devils/demons.
Well, I guess the Devil of Caroc sounds better than the Cean Gwla of Caroc.

Modron

Arcane
In an earlier tweet already posted somewhere in here Josh responded that The Devil was just the name of the player character he was using at the moment.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Was it just me not reading closely, or did Pallegina feel pretty generic as a personality - woman-soldier, commanding type, less comical than Jaheira but somewhere in the same ballpark, still kind of insecure about her godlike nature yet on the outside appearing to wear it like a badge of honor?

I'm not commenting on whether or not the rest of the companion NPCs were remarkable characters.

Sannom

Augur
I think your interpretation of her feelings about her Godlike nature and the "commanding type" comment show that you don't have a good grasp of the character.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'd say she's one of the less boring and generic characters, but that's based on vague memories from 2 years ago. She also has one of the more useful unique abilities (Vielo Vidorio).

Sentinel

Arcane
I really hate how PoE displays percentages. I'd much rather have the raw numbers, and no rolls with decimals.

Should have just stuck with a d20 system.

axedice

Cipher
How does that calculation work? Those bonuses should be additive and they add up to %83 without the second sneak attack. 7,9 to 15,3 is a %93 increase. I wonder what that "conditional" sneak attack is and how it affects the damage.

Hmm if the original damage roll is something like 7,94444 and the sneak attack bonus is multiplicative with might (making it a %27 total might bonus), then the result is 15,25 which reads 15,3. Makes sense for the sneak attack damage to interact with might but not with pork. Though I wish they telegraphed these calculations better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom