Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sentinel

Arcane
I want Thaos to take control of Aloth's soul and have him as a party member instead of Aloth and then have him lecture me on why mankind shouldn't abandon religion.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I wouldn't want that, because it'd still be the same people writing him and it will be cringe-y, pseudo-intellectual bullshit that goes nowhere. Not to mention that with the laughable doctrines of the retarded gods the setting is stuck with they won't convince me of such a thing, no matter how hard they try.

Sentinel

Arcane
I want Thaos to take control of Aloth's soul and have him as a party member instead of Aloth and then have him lecture me on why mankind shouldn't abandon religion.
and then at the final confrontation with Eothas he turns on Thaos(Aloth) and you have to pick between Aloth who's still in the body somewhere or Edér who does not want to go against his God.
:dance:
sorry

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Also, Thaos doesn't think religion should exist, but the gods. That's a humongous difference.

EDIT: I love how immensely butthurt Bonerbill gets by every post I make which is vaguely negative towards PoE.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i think the core premises of PoE's story telling narrative are fucking dumb. still enjoyed the game and played it 7 times.

i can't remember the last time a game featured anything engrossing about it when talking purely about its plot or characters; honestly the last time i played an RPG where i gave a shit about something other than playing it was with F: NV, and i don't think i can really count that as i was already engaged with its setting from having had my formative RPG experiences shaped by FO1 and FO2.

well, wait, that's not true, i played Wizardry after F: NV and I also became engrossed with what little story there is in it, even googling extra information about L'kabreth and looking for interviews with the designers.

hmm, I don't know what i'm trying to say here, although it's probably something about how the story itself will become meaningful to the player only if they enjoy playing it, i.e. the underlying system mechanics.

it might seem like an obvious thing to point out but there are a lot of storyfags here who argue to the death that "the writing!!!1" is all that matters in an RPG because they think RPGs are literature or some shit.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
it's a codex meme reference. can't remember who it originally was, maybe Andhaira or Morgoth or Skyway, going on endlessly about some game and how they hated it then revealed they'd finished it 7 times.

Modron

Arcane
it's a codex meme reference. can't remember who it originally was, maybe Andhaira or Morgoth or Skyway, going on endlessly about some game and how they hated it then revealed they'd finished it 7 times.
Skyway and KotOR. Although I can't really remember his opinion of the game.

Last edited:

roll-a-die

Magister
Skyway and KotOR. Although I can't really his opinion of the game.

I miss that guy's posts here. Said nobody ever.
Skyway was fun to get going, but yeah, don't really miss his gimmick.

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
When does the backer beta for this get released? Last time It came out around this time before release I think?

Sentinel

Arcane
That reminded me of this

ZzrHUbq.png

Fry

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity II: Cite Your Source
Pillars of Eternity III: Peer Review
Pillars of Eternity IV: Tenure

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom