Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I need a good game

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Loads of folk love the Witcher 3, personally I much prefered the first 2, but it's definite;y worth a go as some folk who actually know their stuff seem to rate it as the best RPG ever.

Hey man I've got both Witcher 2 and 3 but I haven't touched either. I wanna go through both tho.

Do you think it would be easier to get into if I played W3 first and W2 second or the other way around? AFAIK the games seem pretty different from one another but I'd like to start with whichever has less junk for me to figure out to ease into it.

Falksi

Arcane
Loads of folk love the Witcher 3, personally I much prefered the first 2, but it's definite;y worth a go as some folk who actually know their stuff seem to rate it as the best RPG ever.

Hey man I've got both Witcher 2 and 3 but I haven't touched either. I wanna go through both tho.

Do you think it would be easier to get into if I played W3 first and W2 second or the other way around? AFAIK the games seem pretty different from one another but I'd like to start with whichever has less junk for me to figure out to ease into it.

Try The Witcher 1 first.

1 comes before both 2 & 3, so it probably makes the most sense to start there.

Zlaja

Arcane
How does Technomancer compare to Bound By Flame? I just finished the later and it was....so-so.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
How does Technomancer compare to Bound By Flame? I just finished the later and it was....so-so.
I completed The Technomancer first and BBF later, I think The Technomancer is far better in combat, the world, dialogue and story. BBF was really killed by the combat and how bad and short the story was. Just be forewarned that just like with BBF, The Technomancer has infinitely respawning enemies which makes backtracking for some quests really, really annoying.

Falksi

Arcane
I tried BBF after The Technomancer and found it far, far harder work to the point where I gave up before finishing it.

veealune's right, the backtracking is annoying to some degree, but for me it was a minor flaw that still didn't really get in the way of what was a great game. The way I played it which helped was to keep breaking up sessions on it with more casua or turn based games such Smash TV or X-Com. That way the repetition didn't bother me as much.

Zlaja

Arcane
Just be forewarned that just like with BBF, The Technomancer has infinitely respawning enemies which makes backtracking for some quests really, really annoying.

:rage::rage::rage:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom