Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sentinel

Arcane
I stupidly picked the Steam code when Kickstarter backer emails went out.
You can try launching the game without Steam. If Larian truly wants to provide a DRM-free experience, I see no reason not to have the Steam version be DRM-free.

Mojomancer

Novice
I stupidly picked the Steam code when Kickstarter backer emails went out.
You can try launching the game without Steam. If Larian truly wants to provide a DRM-free experience, I see no reason not to have the Steam version be DRM-free.
I forgot that the DRM layer of Steam is optional. I hope the game supports this.

You guys getting it on steam or gog?

Getting it on steam because I want my steam controller to work right.
How do you find the Steam controller for RPGs?

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
You guys getting it on steam or gog?

Getting it on steam because I want my steam controller to work right.
How do you find the Steam controller for RPGs?

It's fine if it's turn based like Shadowrun or XCOM and New Vegas is slow paced enough (with VATS) that it works fine there too. Don't think it'd work will PIllars or BG though.

I mainly use it for health reasons - I use a mouse and keyboard a lot as part of my day job and don't want to get RSIs by using mouse and keyboard more in the evenings and weekends.

No controller support at all in the early access though.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I don't know about Steam Controllers, but I always thought that reflex based gameplay is easier with keyboard and mouse than with a general purpose controller like Xbox. Hell I play OutRun 2 better in my PC than at the local arcade. (Though to be fair the wheel there is kinda broken)

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It's monday and I'm bummed at work, what have I got to look forward to next weekend? Good stuff or the same game as Divinity 1 with a different number on the front?

Sentinel

Arcane
A game with better art style, excellent soundtrack, same boring writing and imo worse gameplay. Physical Armor/Magic bar is dumb as fuck imo. Not really liking it.

KateMicucci

Arcane
Physical Armor/Magic bar is dumb as fuck imo. Not really liking it.
Your opinion is wrong.

The armor system is such an improvement that it's going to be hard for me to go back to plain healthbar games where planning ahead is impossible because CC is based on die rolls.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Infinitron, what do you "disagree" with? I linked to the Red Prince one like 30 minutes after they posted it on Cuckbook yesterday. And they are in Europe, not everyone in the world is in 'Murica.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm wondering: If I download the current version of the Beta/Alpha/whatever will I need to download less on Thursday?

Cnaiur

Augur
Have they said anything about the ability to explore and skip combat encounters until a later time?

In OS you oftend had to follow a narrow path until you were forced to enter combat if some mobs blocked the way.

In short: will there be more 'open' areas that one can explore, instead of small level gated areas?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
No combat speed slider is also p. fucking decline. Every, and I do mean every, TB game should have that. D:OS 1 combat was so fucking slow at times. I was literally throwing money at the screen to get them to implement a combat speed slider.

Like, yeah, the first 1-5 times you watch the animations and shit, it's cool, the 99th time? Not so much. Some of the animations take so fucking long to finish, I could write a novel and finish another study at Uni before its over, and it's extremely tedious to sit through.

I know one of the most successful mods to something like x com 1 + 2, is the mod that removes animation lag/time and speeds up the game immensly.

But eh, I guess it wouldn't be possible to write crazy selling slogans on your game reviews then. 80 HOUR GAMEPLAY+++!

Yeah, if you count all the hours spend watching combat animations finish, bitch!

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
In OS you oftend had to follow a narrow path until you were forced to enter combat if some mobs blocked the way.

If you had a stealthy character you could often sneak past, then bring everyone to them with the Teleportation pyramids, but yea that was a little annoying sometimes, when you just wanted to get to your destination.

Have they mentioned the pyramids? and if there will be a home base at all? I love having a base to develop during an RPG

KateMicucci

Arcane
You get your own boat at some point. That might be the home base.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom