Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

Bocian

Arcane
Mynon did nothing wrong.

I just started playing Oblivion. After the going through the amazing character creation and intro I got into the Imperial city and had a wonderfully immersive conversation with several NPCs about the mudcrab problem. Bethesda really sets the bar for creating great game worlds.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Temple OS is the greatest operating system on earth and it will run anything in your vast and glorious library

Praise be to The Lord and his prophet Terry A. Davis

tttt.jpg

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Final Fantasy X-2 is the best Final Fantasy game in the entire series. Hell, it's probably the best game to ever come out on the PlayStation 2.
PC master race my ass. No system in the world had enough power to run that beautiful game.
What other game do you play as three smart, attractive and strong women traveling the world, singing to sold out crowds and treasure hunting?

KateMicucci

Arcane
Although nothing in this world is perfect, Bethesda makes good games that bring joy to millions of fans. Bethesda's harshest critics are ironically also those who played their games the longest and got the most fun out of them. They're mostly just upset that there isn't a single developer able to competently create an RPG of the same depth and breadth to tide them over between releases.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
It isn't New Vegas's responsibility to make my character consistent. It is, however, its responsibility to give me the chance to do that myself.

It doesn't. If you have, for example, any kind of character concept that would assign any emotional relevance to anything in the world, you can't do that, because the game can't let you have emotions and the whole world is emotionally dead. (Well, you can always have the emotion of "seething, murderous rage". The only thing tying you to the world, the Benny chase, is set up to accommodate that!)

Fallout 4 says "Okay, here is this thing that I am defining for you has emotional relevance to you." You don't get to choose not to have a son that you care about, that is true. In exchange, you get to have events that have emotional resonance, and control over what and how. Are you happy when you reunite with your son or are you shocked? How far do you go to understand him? Do you turn your back on him, and if so, when? Do you accept the Synth child to try and start over? Those are interesting points of characterization, and you can't have them if you're an utterly blank slate!

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
n exchange, you get to have events that have emotional resonance, and control over what and how.
What
Are you happy when you reunite with your son or are you shocked?
the
How far do you go to understand him?
fuck
Do you turn your back on him, and if so, when? Do you accept the Synth child to try and start over?
men
Those are interesting points of characterization, and you can't have them if you're an utterly blank slate!
:lol:

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
n exchange, you get to have events that have emotional resonance, and control over what and how.
What
the
fuck
Do you turn your back on him, and if so, when? Do you accept the Synth child to try and start over?
men
Those are interesting points of characterization, and you can't have them if you're an utterly blank slate!

Not my comment, someone else's.

It's from the same retard who claims New Vegas has terrible writing and FO4 is great.

Shin

Cipher
chris avellone is one of the most proficient arcanum players of all time and doesn't at all take his time to get out of tutorial area's.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What
the
fuck
men

Not my comment, someone else's.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/co...make_us_able_to_be_a_douchebag_again/dngs6j0/
It's from the same retard who claims New Vegas has terrible writing and FO4 is great.
My comment still stands.

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
The irl renaissance ended with reformation and its vidya namesake is no different. Current year funposters were attracted by exported culture found in kickstarter crpgs. If you backed a studio that engaged in this or enthusiastically cheered it on then you share responsibility for whatever related decline you perceive. The former are even identifiable with Luther-approved flair for selling their indulgences. Accept responsibility for your hubris, apologize to the innocent neighbour you've wronged, and enjoy nu-codex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom