Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Please add a gender icon next to the username

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
I gender identify as

zoso.png

Please include as a choice.

Zep--

Sherry

Arcane
Hi.

I have taken the time to contact an administrator but not /that/ administrator who tries to be one but the real one in a private message to state my concerns about gender being made available. Since joining this community I have received a number of comments on my personal wall which has forced me to tighten the ability to post there because of certain comments by certain members being over the line but I understand the nature of the site and its threads and the freedom given to everyone which clearly makes it a fun atmosphere to speak your mind in a thread but I do not want my wall filled with junk and sexual advances and dumb stuff so only my friends can post there now but that is just another problem because I should be allowed to deny the friend request like that pos matt with a full stop at the end who just goes around rating posts with poo. There needs to be a way to stop a stalker from stalking too and an option under our profile to keep our personal information hidden like birthdays okay? How can we hide our birthday or year of birth even if the month and day are wrong but we cannot have an option to hide other things to keep people away right? So I am against this information being in a posted thread because if someone wants to keep their profile locked none of that personal information should be made available in a post except post count, joined date and avatar.

Okay so take my friend Excidium 2 as an example you can read posts in threads and they are rude and witty and funny but they are respectful on my wall and keep it cool but then I read a funny posts by another member and friend them and they turn around and get all creepy like asking about age or weight or calling me alts or bubbles so it would be good as an option to remove them but if they friend me they can still follow my posts and I think it should be an option like on fb do you want NAMEHERE to stalk you and if you say no they are not given access.

I do not approve of this visibility being made visible when there are some members who lock down their profile page and do not allow that visibility so gender information should be removed from the post is where I stand.

Thanks,
Sherry

Sodafish

Arcane
but then I read a funny posts by another member and friend them and they turn around and get all creepy like asking about age or weight or calling me alts or bubbles

At least it wasnt nomask7 who took a shine. If he had he may have asked you to shit on his chest, so in retrospect I'd say you got off relatively easily.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Is there a point to this "gender" shit at all?

All I see for everyone's gender is:

It's Hip To Be Square?

Zep--

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
In studying ancient Egyptian mythology, the parallels with Judaism and Christianity is fascinating....

Take a look at ancient Sumerian religion and especially Zoroastrianism, which was the first monotheistic religion. The Noah story has been around for a long time in those.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

It was the first religion to introduce monotheism
Wrong. Zoroastrianism has two gods, therefore it is not monotheistic, wikipedic quotes notwithstanding. Also, Zoroaster came long after prophet Abraham, so the "first" monotheistic religion is the forerunner of Christianity, whereas Zoroastrianism isn't even a monotheistic religion, and would be at best the second one if it were.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Wrong. Zoroastrianism has two gods, therefore it is not monotheistic, wikipedic quotes notwithstanding.

Of course, we'll take your word for it. Everybody knows about Wikipedia's Zoroastrianism bias.

Also, Zoroaster came long after prophet Abraham, so the "first" monotheistic religion is the forerunner of Christianity, whereas Zoroastrianism isn't even a monotheistic religion, and would be at best the second one if it were.

Zoroastrianism actually existed as a religion - whether Abraham existed or when nobody knows and even less whether he was "the first" to introduce monotheistic religion.

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

Of course, we'll take your word for it. Everybody knows about Wikipedia's Zoroastrianism bias.
Even your wikipedic quote said "an evolution from dualism to monotheism", to translate from bullshittese it means "Zoroastrians borrowed the concept of monotheism from Christianity and kinda-sorta implemented it by downplaying their second god Ahriman". Which is irrelevant because, as I said, Mazda and Ahriman are explicitly identified as equals, and the outcome of the final battle between them is far from certain.

Much like some modern Hindus, who "borrowed" the concept of monotheism from Christianity and invented a supreme god called "Brahmin" or "Narayana", even though originally the latter was merely another name for Vishnu, and the former is just the name of the priestly caste.

Zoroastrianism actually existed as a religion - whether Abraham existed or when nobody knows and even less whether he was "the first" to introduce monotheistic religion.
The Hebrew faith actually existed as a religion - whether Zoroaster existed or when nobody knows and even less whether he was "the first" to introduce duotheistic religion.

You know that isn't true.
If an illiterate cuck thinks that 2+2 might equal 5 or 6, does that make the result of 2+2 ambiguous? No, because an illiterate cuck's worthless opinion is irrelevant. 2+2 is always 4. And the number of gods in any branch of Christianity to have ever existed is One.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
The Hebrew faith actually existed as a religion - whether Zoroaster existed or when nobody knows and even less whether he was "the first" to introduce duotheistic religion.

So how can you pretend that you know Abraham was "the first" to introduce monotheism? You don't. What we do know is that Judaism and Zoroastrianism both existed and we have sort of an idea when they became popular, though the exact beginning of each is far from certain.

I gender identify as

View attachment 8303

Please include as a choice.

Zep--

Does that look like a Garfield face to anyone else?

Just so that everyone knows when to switch between shit posting and white knighting.

Doesn't need to be intrusive. Show nothing if the user set their gender to "not telling" in their profile.

But people could just lie. Are you trying to make liers out of us? In order for this icon to be accurate everybody must send a verified picture of themselves to a member of staff. If the staff can't easily determine the gender then they get a suitably amusing tag. This has the added benefit of allowing the staff to switch the avatar of irritating users to their actual picture, thus providing incentive to act in a reasonable manner, or potentially generating a shitposting frenzy for attention whores like the OP.

I recall scottishmartialarts saying that one of the posters who used to mock her tranniness uploaded their photo in the member pic thread and they looked faggier than her, and a clear sign that he was "struggling terribly with his sexuality".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom