Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Expeditions: Viking - historical Viking RPG from Logic Artists

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Wouldn't be surprised if it's something different, like what they did with Clandestine, but maybe an RPG.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Wow, I helped picts crush Northumbia and missed almost all the Northumbian quests. The only thing left is Althing. I tried to finish the game but I felt underleved and poorly equipped under siege (though I had no problems in any prior fights). I still have several months till the deadline. Are there any ways to gain more experience/get better equipment/get any help during the siege?

purpleblob

Savant
That happened to me in my first playthrough. I don't think there's opportunity to level... but you can still earn $$ by pillaging churches (I believe all of them belong to Northumbria) and win the game by enough prosperity or you can buy scrapes to upgrade weapons/armour before heading to Althing.

daveyd

Savant
Wow, I helped picts crush Northumbia and missed almost all the Northumbian quests. The only thing left is Althing. I tried to finish the game but I felt underleved and poorly equipped under siege (though I had no problems in any prior fights). I still have several months till the deadline. Are there any ways to gain more experience/get better equipment/get any help during the siege?

Have you done the quest involving the stone slabs that you find across the continent? Completing it gets you the best sword in the game. In general you can improve upon all your equipment by just gathering salvage and hides and crafting (assuming you have a unit with max crafting skills).

If you've done all sidequests for the Picts I doubt you're really underleveled. Combat in this game is too easy and the final battles are not particularly hard anyway. Just make sure every one of your people has a weapon and armor equipped because one of the final battles will involve all of them. Use the extra time to gather resources so you can finish upgrading your village (get either prosperity or power as high as you can).

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Finished the game yesterday. The hardest fight was the one when you defend your village after Althing. Though after upgrading the fence it became much easier. Final battles were a joke.

Fun game overall. Once again :salute: to Avonaeon and everyone in Logic Artists.

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
Thank you! After we release 1.0.6, the next patch (1.0.7) will focus on an extra difficulty slider, as well as some other quality of life stuff, like being able to turn off the camera following enemies and increasing the combat speed.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Thank you! After we release 1.0.6, the next patch (1.0.7) will focus on an extra difficulty slider, as well as some other quality of life stuff, like being able to turn off the camera following enemies and increasing the combat speed.

Heh. It was much needed, but too late for me.

So far the best RPG of the year. We'll see how Larian does.

ArchAngel

Arcane
What is the expected time of release for this patch? Weeks? Months?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://steamcommunity.com/games/445190/announcements/detail/1448327435225165286

Version 1.0.6: New Customisations, Custom Portraits, Toolset
13 SEPTEMBER - JONAS

df5d5631fb29b22bdea305b72edca3bbdf12c35f.jpg

Hello everyone. You may have noticed Steam updating Expeditions: Viking last week and wondered what we just pushed on you. Hopefully your confusion wasn't too great when you found it updating yet again today. After a summer break and a long test period, we've finally released version 1.0.6 of Expeditions: Viking - and then version 1.0.6.1, which is a hotfix to solve an issue with one of the new features. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Let's talk about the new things we've added in this version!

Custom portraits
In version 1.0.6, all portraits are now loaded from your Documents directory in the folder \My Games\Expeditions Viking\Custom Portraits. If you want to add your own portraits to the game, you must create 5 different versions of each portrait in specific sizes and place them in that directory. The first time you launch the game in 1.0.6, it will write all our portraits into that folder, and you can use those portraits to see how it needs to be set up.

New portraits must meet the following requirements:
  • The files can be either .png or .jpg.
  • Each portrait's filename must end with a keyword that reflects its size: Large, Medium, Small, Tiny, or Camping.
  • Female portraits must contain the word "Female" anywhere in the filename. Otherwise the portrait will be treated as male (because patriarchy).
  • Note that the Camping portraits contain a frame. You can just cut that out of an existing portrait with your image editing software of choice.
  • You can overwrite an existing portrait by simply replacing its files with a set of identically named files in that folder.
If you overwrite an existing portrait, that portrait will be replaced with your new version in your game, without you having to start over in your playthrough. If you want to reset this portrait to the original later, you can simply delete the portrait files from the Custom Portraits folder, and it will be restored by the game next time you launch it.

All portraits included with Expeditions: Viking are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International Public License[creativecommons.org]. In simple terms, you are allowed to remix, tweak, and build upon our work non-commercially, but you must credit Logic Artists or Expeditions: Viking and you must license your new creations under identical terms (no making money off of our work, please!)

If you find that your Custom Portraits folder is empty, it's because something on your computer is denying write access to Expeditions: Viking. In 1.0.6 this was breaking the portraits entirely, which is what 1.0.6.1 was created to address. As per 1.0.6.1 the game will fall back to the internal portraits contained in the data files, but that still means you won't get any portraits written to your custom portraits folder. You can still add new portraits there which will then show up in the game, but if you want to see the original portraits you'll have to find a way to give the game write access to that folder - you can try disabling your firewall and antivirus or just checking your user permissions. If your user account simply doesn't have admin access, you may need to talk to your admin.

Custom localisation and random events
This update also introduces support for loading in custom localisation files and user-created random events. Because of the way the scripting system in Viking works, there is no way for us to let you add new characters with new conversations to the game, but the random events that trigger on the campaign maps and during travel are loaded in dynamically, and now you can add new events yourself or even overwrite existing events.

In other words, you can now write your own damn Aife romance events and stop bothering us about it! :D

Toolset
We have also released our toolset which includes some example files, all of our conversation work files, and the editor we used to set up all our conversations in the game. It comes with a PDF manual with thorough instructions for how to set up your own localisation files or add your own random events. To install the toolset, click on Library in Steam and select Tools from the drop-down. The entry you're looking for is "Expeditions: Viking Editor".

For the next update, we're working on implementing the Steam Workshop into the game to make it easier for our players to share custom events, localisations, and even portraits. Until then, you can still share your creations the old-fashioned way: by uploading them to mod sites or hosting them yourself. We recommend using ModDB or the Nexus.

Change log
Since this update has had a particularly long gestation period (for our standards), we've decided not to include a full change list this time around. Instead, we're bringing you just the highlights. If you wish to know about any particular bug that's been bothering you, which isn't mentioned here, feel free to ask in the comments on this thread.

New things
  • The "ancient" item set now has unique models
  • Custom localisation support
  • Custom random events support
  • Custom portrait support
  • 4 new beard styles, 4 new male hairstyles, and 7 new female hairstyles
  • A UI scaling option for running the game in high resolutions on small monitors
  • New animations for certain combat actions as well as for ambient characters
  • Taunt now has voice-over
Tweaks and improvements
  • Talon and Dust are now free actions
  • Cure no longer removes Spotted, Illuminated, Exposed, Disarmed, or Condemned
  • Made Taunt resistable with Mental Resistance
  • The difficulty of Guarding your camp now scales with your group size: the larger your party, the better you must guard it
  • Changed the skillpoint display to show the amount of points spent instead of the total
  • Follower selection popup now uses alphabetic sorting instead of being based on injuries
  • Fog of War now takes up way less space in savegames (will only affect new saves)
  • Distract can no longer be used on an adjacent enemy, as originally intended
  • The Focused status effect now increases Crit Chance by 10 points instead of 10%
  • Trip wire traps can no longer be resisted
  • When capturing an occupied campsite, the camera will now switch into the camping view once combat ends
Major fixes
  • Fixed issue with pathfinding when reloading Homestead, causing players to get stuck in the terrain
  • Fixed the AI sometimes switching to unarmed combat for no apparent reason
  • Fixed a bunch of weird things with the Runaway bounty encounter
  • The houses that are burning during the invasions of Perth or York will now remain burned-down after the battles
  • Fixed the skill caps being circumventable during character creation by double-clicking on the icon instead of using the Upgrade button
  • Made it possible to lie to Sandarr about taking Mani as a thrall exactly once and still come back to complete or fail the quest
  • Fixed a quest logic bug in Pack It Up that was prematurely closing the quest if you left the forest after resolving Unwanted Guests and then came back later
  • All characters' items will now be transferred to the item inventory in the unfortunate event of death
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the game to get stuck when returning from the final dream if you triggered it in a specific camp site
  • Fixed the issue where throwing the waterskin on an ally would select it instead
  • Fixed another way it was possible to get stuck in the Unwanted Guests side quest by clicking on things in the wrong order multiple times in a row
  • Made the intro conversation to the pig feud quest just play again if you interrupt it the first time and retrigger it later
  • Fixed a bug whereby the start time for all time-based status effects except Hung Over was not being set, causing them to be immediately removed again
  • Fixed an issue where allied combatants would sometimes not return to being NPCs
  • Fixed characters being able to traverse blocked hexes in two encounters
  • Fixed Torfinn not getting removed as a follower when you leave Skjern Forest before completing his quest, causing him to only spawn every 2nd time you enter the forest
  • Fixed the Swipe ability not dealing damage to enemies around the target if the target was killed
  • Fixed Cure and Restore abilities using reach distance when equipped with a spear
  • Fixed the Escaped Thralls conversation in Perth being able to trigger during any of the battles despite the thralls not being around
  • Fixed the combat character tooltips showing the selected character's crit chance in place of the hovered character's crit chance
  • Fixed a few typos in dialogue
  • Fixed an issue where some status effect icons would sometimes appear white in the camping interface
  • Fixed the error message for having spent the necessary action in the utility item tooltips looking in the wrong localisation file

And many other minor things.

Plans for 1.0.7
In addition to the Steam Workshop support mentioned above, we're planning several new features for 1.0.7.

Iron Man mode is the big one. We would've liked to add that a lot earlier, but we were getting so many crash reports in previous versions of the game that we simply weren't comfortable adding a mode that only allows one savegame. Now that we've addressed all common sources of crashing, we're ready to activate Iron Man mode in the next update. The update will also include a few new tweaks to difficulty including a new slider to improve the equipment used by enemies. Our goal is to make the higher difficulties higher without messing with the lower difficulties.

We're also planning a slew of small quality-of-life tweaks. Probably the most commonly requested change is to give the player some control over the camera tilt, to which we have now acquiesced. We're also adding a combat speed slider and an option to toggle off the automatic camera focus during combat. Finally, we're adding a little more information to some parts of the interface where things were unclear or unexplained.

Please let us know on the forums if you're experiencing any problems with version 1.0.6.1, or if you have any particular requests for small tweaks or improvements you would like to see in 1.0.7. We don't have as much time for the next update as we did for 1.0.6, so don't expect any major changes or additions, but we're always happy to take your feedback regardless of how practical it is :)

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Hmmm i might play this year from release, given how much patching they do. Still i hope they will somehow replace the trashy loot barrels -looting all of skane[the first danish city on the south in act 1] was fucking abysmal.

Starwars

Arcane
I'm replaying this right now. It's much improved from when it was released, greatly enjoying it. The atmosphere is really superb, I just fucking love the idea of these games. Roleplaying in historical settings is awesome. And I love the "split" in the campaigns. It's great when you get finish up the first part and head across the sea. Such a cool thing.
Next game though... please look at the looting system again because as of right now, that is easily the worst part of Expeditions: Viking. Just mindlessly clicking all the containers and taking everything feels completely out of touch with the rest of the game. I mean, you don't have to take absolutely everything in Ribe but it's all there, right in your face with no consequences if you take it (well, unless you mess with the few containers marked as owned). Those beautiful areas deserve so much better.

Also, I don't have a save handy anymore but I had one crash with this latest patch. When you're entering the tomb in that village area far to the east of Ribe. I chose to sacrifice 3 thralls to gain entrance. And at the end of the sacrifice dialogue (I think my final choice there was "My thanks" or whatever) the game crashed. However, it managed to autosave there as well so I didn't have to replay a whole bunch of stuff.
But still, maybe something to look into there.

Mark Richard

Arcane
Roleplaying in historical settings is awesome.
Hell yeah, can't get enough historical fiction. I imagine it requires a lot of research on the developer's part to achieve such a level of authenticity. If you haven't played it already, check out Expeditions: Conquistador. A major historical figure vanishes and you're left to fulfil his role.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Version 1.0.7 Available For Testing

Hello. We've just uploaded update 1.0.7 for Expeditions: Viking to the beta branch. As usual we have some new features, some tweaks and improvements, and some bug fixes. The most important new feature is the Iron Man mode, which has been quite some time under way. We also have a bunch of new quality-of-life improvements.

Beta Branch Instructions

If you're willing to help us test the patch, you must change to the Beta branch if you haven't previously done so. Right-click on the game in your Library window and select Properties. Switch to the tab labelled "Betas" and type beta16Viking into the code field. Then click "Check code". A new option will appear in the drop-down called "beta - beta branch". Select it and the game will automatically update to 1.0.7.

Iron Man Mode

Now that the game is mostly stable, we've finally added Iron Man mode. If you start a game in this mode, you will be limited to a single savegame and the game will auto-save over it at regular points during play. We haven't quite gone full roguelike: the game will not delete your save if you die. However, Iron Man mode forces you to live with the consequences of your decisions. To activate Iron Man mode, you need to start a new game and check the Iron Man box in the new difficulty confirmation pop-up window.

Steam Workshop

This version of the game now supports the Steam Workshop. You can use the toolset that we released with 1.0.6 to create new random events, and we've added an uploader for you to submit your events, portrait packs, and fan translations. You can find the toolset in Steam under Library -> Tools -> Expeditions: Viking Editor.

New Options

We've added several new settings requested by players since release. The most important one is probably the ability to control the tilt angle of the camera a little bit. It was previously locked to 60 degrees, but now you can adjust it between 45 degrees and 80 degrees by moving the mouse up and down while holding the right mouse button (similar to how vertical movement controls rotation). You can also choose a fixed angle in the options if you prefer that.

Another addition you may appreciate particularly on subsequent playthroughs is the Combat Speed slider. Use this to speed up the game during combat so you don't have to wait as long for characters to run to their positions or for animations to play out. Finally, we've added a drop-down to adjust how automated camera control is during combat. This has three options: full automation, minimal automation, and enemy turn only. The latter will still focus on all actions during enemy turn but mostly leave the camera alone during your turn.

Change Log

As with patch 1.0.6, we're not going to include every fix and adjustment we've made for this update, but just the highlights.

Tweaks and improvements
  • Updated the engine to Unity 5.6.3.
  • Improved the smoke particles with new trails and tweaked some water particles in certain scenes.
  • Enabled detail normals and static batching.
  • Added Iron Man mode.
  • Added Enemy Equipment difficulty option which makes the game way harder on Hard and Insane.
  • Added Combat Speed slider to the miscellaneous options.
  • Added camera tilt control and made the game save and load the camera angle/rotation.
  • Also made the exploration camera framerate independent, faster, and a bit smoother.
  • Updated the non-lethal toggle button to make it a lot more clear what mode you're in.
  • Changed the Highlight All button into a toggle.
  • Integrated Steam Workshop support.
  • Improved the lighting in some of the Viking longhouses so it changes with the time of day.
  • Added the weapon type to the item tooltips.
  • Changed the Unstoppable special property description to be more clear that allies will take damage too.
  • Optimized the tree setup in Skjern Forest.
  • Made the player go first in the wolf fight in Skjern Forest.
  • Made the palisades walkable during Hrodgærda's attack on Skjern.
  • Added allies to the gate fight in Jelling and tweaked the equipment on Skule's personal guards.
  • Made it so the kings' halls in York and Perth are emptied of characters after the betrayal or invasion, and made a few vikings show up there instead if you take the cities for yourself.
  • Removed SSAA option from the game due to compatibility issues with the latest version of the engine.
  • Changed Unbreakable items so they can now be dismantled like other items.
  • The Ranged Shot animation is now 1 second shorter.

Major fixes

• Fixed some floating items if you looted the camp on the beach.
  • Tweaked the lighting in skerninge, making the hill a bit brighter. Fixed being able to walk on things you shouldn't be able to walk on in Skerninge.
  • Added missing names for the Wolves in the Danish forest campsite.
  • Added wetness to the earth in York.
  • Fixed some floating objects across various scenes.
  • Fixed the camera going down through the ground if you pressed it forward against the cliff face in the Mountain Cave Entrance scene.
  • Fixed missing materials on the male version of the Ancient Helmet and a bug that was resetting its model on load.
  • Fixed an issue that was breaking the nighttime penalty to ranged accuracy as well as the illumination to counter it.
  • Made the marsh campsite nearest to Skjern not show up until after the prologue so you can't wander off until you're meant to.
  • Fixed issue when changing weapon while an ability is selected.
  • Added character blockers around the walls of every interior scene in the game that contains an encounter, to fix an issue where ragdolls could fall through the world.
  • Made sure Torfinn gets removed as a follower if you lose any of the fights in Skjern Forest.
  • Fixed some save/load inconsistencies with the treasure on the little table in the abandoned camp in Yngilwood.
  • Fixed an issue where Area Map icons would be offset due to the UI Scaling setting.
  • Fixed the player character's death not triggering the game over if it happens during camping.
  • Fixed deteriorated injuries not showing the original severity correctly in the camping results screen.
  • Fixed an issue where scouting would create no loot spots even if scouting has been successful.
  • Fixed an errant one-liner for Magnus mac Certain and Wulfsige if you take the town for either of them without ever getting the quest to side with Aiblinn.
  • Fixed the conversation after you fight Osred in his hall checking whether Æthelred was dead instead of Osred.
  • Fixed issue with unique spear not deselecting Extend ability.
  • Fixed an issue where the Spotted status effect would sometimes not be applied.
  • Fixed some inconsistencies in the Cure ability that was letting you use it on characters who would not benefit, and the AI would sometimes do the same.
  • Fixed characters playing the Bow Idle act holding the bow in the wrong hand.
  • Reduced the problems with characters sinking into the ground in the mountain cave entrance fight.
  • Tweaked some hex grids (primarily in York and Hadrian's Wall) so the hexes are better aligned.
  • Fixed some skill tooltip error messages that weren't quite specific enough, and in some cases outright wrong.
  • Fixed the skill description for Throwing not being parsed correctly.
  • Fixed the wreckers in Scarborough showing up after killing everyone in the village, and disabled loot ownership in Maucolyn's house in the same event.
  • Fixed the fight at the sacrificial glade in Skerninge triggering after Skerninge turns hostile even if there's nobody there.

Starwars

Arcane
Aaaaand finished my replay. Great game, much more enjoyable now than it was on release. Just a lot more stable, the "surprise round" does a lot to take some of the frustrations of combat away, the changes on how to cap out skills are good, resource management/healing injuries while camping feels a bit more balanced. As I said before, my biggest annoyance about the game is the looting system which feels odd and a bit of a timewaster.

I opted into the beta right before I finished the game. I have to say that being able to get up on the palisades for the fight where Skjern is attacked made the fight a *lot* easier than I rememberd it (maybe I remember it wrong though, not sure) but it's fine. Just makes sense.

Great stuff.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Here it is: http://steamcommunity.com/games/445190/announcements/detail/1443828274233431923

Version 1.0.7: Iron Man Mode, Workshop Integration, New Game Settings
1 NOVEMBER - JONAS

cbe88a2f8e43e2230a84d8591e82d3668e31a2bc.jpg

Hello everyone. Today we have released update 1.0.7.1 for Expeditions: Viking. This version contains some major new things, which is why it has been in open beta for almost a month. The most important new feature is the Iron Man mode, but we also have Steam Workshop integration now, as well as a bunch of quality-of-life improvements.

This is going to be the last major update for Expeditions: Viking. We still have a few things we're hoping Unity will get back to us on, so we may release another small patch or two down the line. Same goes if any new major bugs are discovered. The game appears to be in a pretty good shape now though, so we'll be turning our attention towards the next installment.

From the bottom of our hearts, thanks so much for sticking with us so far, and for giving the game another chance despite the rocky launch :)

Iron Man Mode
Now that the game is mostly stable, we've finally added Iron Man mode. If you start a game in this mode, you will be limited to a single savegame and the game will auto-save over it at regular points during play. We haven't quite gone full roguelike: the game will not delete your save if you die. However, Iron Man mode forces you to live with the consequences of your decisions. To activate Iron Man mode, you need to start a new game and check the Iron Man box in the new difficulty confirmation pop-up window.

Steam Workshop
This version of the game now supports the Steam Workshop. You can use the toolset that we released with 1.0.6 to create new random events, and we've added an uploader for you to submit your events, portrait packs, and fan translations. You can find the toolset in Steam under Library -> Tools -> Expeditions: Viking Editor.

Even if you have no interest in unofficial mods, you may be interested to know that we've published three new random events (in English) in the workshop to demonstrate how the system works. There may be more to follow shortly.

Camera Options
We've added several new settings requested by players since release. The most important one is probably the ability to control the tilt angle of the camera a little bit. It was previously locked to 60 degrees, but now you can adjust it between 45 degrees and 80 degrees by moving the mouse up and down while holding the right mouse button (similar to how vertical movement controls rotation). You can also choose a fixed angle in the options if you prefer that.

Furthermore, we've added a drop-down to adjust how automated camera control is during combat. This has three options: full automation, minimal automation, and enemy turn only. The latter will still focus on all actions during enemy turn but mostly leave the camera alone during your turn.

Combat Speed and Enemy Equipment
Another addition you may appreciate particularly on subsequent playthroughs is the Combat Speed slider. Use this to speed up the game during combat so you don't have to wait as long for characters to run to their positions or for animations to play out. And finally, we have added a new difficulty setting to upgrade enemy equipment throughout the game - just their armour on the lower setting, but also their weapons if you turn it all the way up. This has been built into the presets as well, so you will now encounter substantially more well-equipped enemies on Hard and Insane.

Change Log
As with patch 1.0.6, we're not going to include every fix and adjustment we've made for this update, but just the highlights.
Tweaks and improvements
  • Updated the engine to Unity 5.6.3.
  • Improved the smoke particles with new trails and tweaked some water particles in certain scenes.
  • Enabled detail normals and static batching.
  • Added Iron Man mode.
  • Added Enemy Equipment difficulty option which makes the game way harder on Hard and Insane.
  • Added Combat Speed slider to the miscellaneous options.
  • Added camera tilt control and made the game save and load the camera angle/rotation.
  • Also made the exploration camera framerate independent, faster, and a bit smoother.
  • Updated the non-lethal toggle button to make it a lot more clear what mode you're in.
  • Changed the Highlight All button into a toggle.
  • Integrated Steam Workshop support.
  • Improved the lighting in some of the Viking longhouses so it changes with the time of day.
  • Added the weapon type to the item tooltips.
  • Changed the Unstoppable special property description to be more clear that allies will take damage too.
  • Optimized the tree setup in Skjern Forest.
  • Made the player go first in the wolf fight in Skjern Forest.
  • Made the palisades walkable during Hrodgærda's attack on Skjern.
  • Added allies to the gate fight in Jelling and tweaked the equipment on Skule's personal guards.
  • Made it so the kings' halls in York and Perth are emptied of characters after the betrayal or invasion, and made a few vikings show up there instead if you take the cities for yourself.
  • Removed SSAA option from the game due to compatibility issues with the latest version of the engine.
  • Changed Unbreakable items so they can now be dismantled like other items.
  • The Ranged Shot animation is now 1 second shorter.

Major fixes
  • Fixed some floating items if you looted the camp on the beach.
  • Tweaked the lighting in skerninge, making the hill a bit brighter. Fixed being able to walk on things you shouldn't be able to walk on in Skerninge.
  • Added missing names for the Wolves in the Danish forest campsite.
  • Added wetness to the earth in York.
  • Fixed some floating objects across various scenes.
  • Fixed the camera going down through the ground if you pressed it forward against the cliff face in the Mountain Cave Entrance scene.
  • Fixed missing materials on the male version of the Ancient Helmet and a bug that was resetting its model on load.
  • Fixed an issue that was breaking the nighttime penalty to ranged accuracy as well as the illumination to counter it.
  • Made the marsh campsite nearest to Skjern not show up until after the prologue so you can't wander off until you're meant to.
  • Fixed issue when changing weapon while an ability is selected.
  • Added character blockers around the walls of every interior scene in the game that contains an encounter, to fix an issue where ragdolls could fall through the world.
  • Made sure Torfinn gets removed as a follower if you lose any of the fights in Skjern Forest.
  • Fixed some save/load inconsistencies with the treasure on the little table in the abandoned camp in Yngilwood.
  • Fixed an issue where Area Map icons would be offset due to the UI Scaling setting.
  • Fixed the player character's death not triggering the game over if it happens during camping.
  • Fixed deteriorated injuries not showing the original severity correctly in the camping results screen.
  • Fixed an issue where scouting would create no loot spots even if scouting has been successful.
  • Fixed an errant one-liner for Magnus mac Certain and Wulfsige if you take the town for either of them without ever getting the quest to side with Aiblinn.
  • Fixed the conversation after you fight Osred in his hall checking whether Æthelred was dead instead of Osred.
  • Fixed issue with unique spear not deselecting Extend ability.
  • Fixed an issue where the Spotted status effect would sometimes not be applied.
  • Fixed some inconsistencies in the Cure ability that was letting you use it on characters who would not benefit, and the AI would sometimes do the same.
  • Fixed characters playing the Bow Idle act holding the bow in the wrong hand.
  • Reduced the problems with characters sinking into the ground in the mountain cave entrance fight.
  • Tweaked some hex grids (primarily in York and Hadrian's Wall) so the hexes are better aligned.
  • Fixed some skill tooltip error messages that weren't quite specific enough, and in some cases outright wrong.
  • Fixed the skill description for Throwing not being parsed correctly.
  • Fixed the wreckers in Scarborough showing up after killing everyone in the village, and disabled loot ownership in Maucolyn's house in the same event.
  • Fixed the fight at the sacrificial glade in Skerninge triggering after Skerninge turns hostile even if there's nobody there.
  • Fixed an autosave bug that was creating broken autosaves when attacking an occupied campsite.

Jinn

Arcane
Thank you guys at Logic Artists so much for addressing all these issues!

For any codexer who's been thinking of getting this, now would be the time. I feel the game has been sadly overlooked by many here because of it's slightly shaky release.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Thank you guys at Logic Artists so much for addressing all these issues!

For any codexer who's been thinking of getting this, now would be the time. I feel the game has been sadly overlooked by many here because of it's slightly shaky release.

It's been overlooked because of a crowded marketplace of "ageless" and time consuming products, as well as possible (though understandable) miscalculations, like "now" being the time to make a Vikings game (because Vikings are the "in" thing).

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom