Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Got a brilliant idea

v1rus

Arcane
How about we get an option to rate ratings. Its brilliant. It adds a whole new layer of depth. You could, for instance, brofist someone's shit rating on Mynon's post, or you could rate "WTF I'm reading" when someone rated something "informative". It opens up so much space. Ofc, this could be enhanced further, by being able to rate ratings of a rating. For instance, someone could rate something edgy, then someone could rate that edgy rating as racist, and in the end you could rate that racist rating as "thanks", since that poster is combating racism of branding other people edgy.

Pls share your thoughts on how to further improve the rating system!

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

But when will we be able to rate people's ratings of other people's ratings?

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
It might keep shitposters from shitposting as frequently which would be nice.
The drawback is that's it's a completely crazy idea that pulls all of us even deeper into the rabid hole. And this place is already full of nutters.

... So where was I? Oh yes, I want to start by rating the :salute: rating by Planetar :M because he is obviously joking with this and so am I and that parrot is so "hohoho aren't we ironic today? looool I'm a funny goy see how I spelled guy in a funny way? What a riot!"

Isn't it great what enormous complexity of thoughts and emotions can be conveyed with just a few emoticons? So why post longwinded walls of text that nobody wants to read anyway when all I want to express with that intimidating wall of text is "you suck" or "gay" or "what a moron" or ultimately "I win, get rekt"?
Seriously though, why?!

On the topic of emoticons, why are most of them so meta? Are we really such a bunch of edgy retards?
:positive:

Bocian

Arcane
Let's make posting in Codex feel like a dialogue wheel. We got four buttons to press with short, one-two word descriptions, we choose one of them, and the outcome almost never matches what we wanted to say in the first place.

Kitchen Utensil

Would you be able to rate the rating of a rating?

Yes, read the OP.

Yes, but then can I rate the rating of the rating of the rating?

How far could one go?

I'd suggest allowing users to rate one step deeper every year after registration. I.e. one year after reg date, you're allowed to rate posts, two years after reg date you can rate ratings, three years after you can rate the ratings of ratings etc.

That would also open up completely new monetisation models.

Ranarama

Learned
... So where was I? Oh yes, I want to start by rating the :salute: rating by Planetar :M because he is obviously joking with this and so am I and that parrot is so "hohoho aren't we ironic today? looool I'm a funny goy see how I spelled guy in a funny way? What a riot!"

So that's what that fucking means!

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
after reading this thread i had to look up "brilliant" on the dictionary just to make sure it still meant what i thought it meant

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Let's make posting in Codex feel like a dialogue wheel. We got four buttons to press with short, one-two word descriptions, we choose one of them, and the outcome almost never matches what we wanted to say in the first place.
Better yet, let's implement Oblivion's persuasion wheel in responding to thread.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom