Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
With Ogre Kingdoms DLC. Maybe it will be more like Napoleon, focusing on Nagash and transitions the game towards the End Times?
I do not know much about the Ogre kingdoms, but my general sense is that they went "west" to fill out the campaign map, and so they will swing back "east" for Warhammer 3.

Your point about Nagash makes sense to me. Provided that Tomb Kings are Warhammer 2 DLC, I wonder what the ultimate victory conditions for Tomb Kings would be if Nagash is absent (I thought he was the "archrival" for Tomb Kings).

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I think some said that evidence points at part 3 being all about the Demons, but that would leave Ogres and Chaos Dwarfs at the sidelines (which they admittedly are).
So in the worst case, we get Tomb Kings DLC for 2 and Nagash is just another DLC or FreeLC hero like Kemmler.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
I did not follow the game too closely in the beginning, but wasn't Kislev meant to have DLC improvements? I would think Kislev would get more love, since it is the frontline against many Chaos factions.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I did not follow the game too closely in the beginning, but wasn't Kislev meant to have DLC improvements? I would think Kislev would get more love, since it is the frontline against many Chaos factions.
From my campaigns I can tell you that Kislev always gets a lot of love.
Tough love.
Chaos love.

:mixedemotions:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Now there is also a video of Skaven gameplay.

I can write stats for basic units, but you'd see them in month anyway, or sooner when someone finds larger leak and transcribes everything. They seems to have shitty hamlet income like Norsca.

Buildings like clan headquarters would improve income massively, but only in the same region.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Now there is also a video of Skaven gameplay.

I can write stats for basic units, but you'd see them in month anyway, or sooner when someone finds larger leak and transcribes everything. They seems to have shitty hamlet income like Norsca.

Buildings like clan headquarters would improve income massively, but only in the same region.
This one?

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
There is a collection of 10 videos on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/6ual1l/megathread_current_videos_and_links_post_embargo/

Top comment says:
Black Arks have been confirmed by Party Elite.

10 slot mobile bases that can support land battles with bombardment (just like naval forces in Fall of the Samurai). HYPE

watch

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
CA reintroducing Chaos Dwarves would redeem their Rome 2 blunder in my eyes.
They have already handled Bretonnia and Norsca better than GW ever did.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Folks have you noticed few small things?
Leadership of Skaven units.
Number of soldiers per unit.
And HP per soldier.

Andkat

Educated
Looks like Jezzails, Pack Masters, Ratling Gunners, Doom Flayers, and Giant Rats aren't in for Skaven. I wish we had gotten Skaven with the Old World; Pestilens is vastly less interesting and iconic than Skryre or Moulder, but I guess if anyone should get units for a Lustria campaign it's them, given the location of their base of operations.

Also the clan rats you can have burrow out of the ground in battles decay like other summons, as expect of CA given its usual inane implementations.

Vibalist

Arcane
Actually considering they released that much, what would be content of Warhammer 3? They would VERY likely release Tomb Kings as DLC, or do the same as they did with Chaos Warriors.

But after this they would have only east part of the map. And there are nearly NO sources for Cathay, or Nipon. When they would invent theirs own stuff, there would be really funny problem for law department.

There is a small map of the whole world, and as you can see it would be really hard to do something which will not piss of fans who can remember every foot note from source books.

The Southlands?

EDIT: Oh, nevermind, it's already there.

EDIT EDIT:

So I saw this on Reddit:

1) for the vortex campaign the world map will be scaled down, the Lustria, Southlands and Naggaroth are sparsely populated ... 2) for the Grand Campaign the most southern parts of Lustria and Southlands will be omitted.

If that's the case, then these omitted areas will likely be added in Warhammer 3.

Or maybe they'll finally add some ships and naval battles, considering the fact warfare is cross continental now.

Last edited:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Darren left CA, and he's now giving an interview on twitch. Looks like WH2 would be quite buggy at release.

Also I managed to find what area of world map would be in WH3.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Was checking this out on steam and found:

PRE-PURCHASE OFFER
This DLC makes the Norsca Race playable, barbaric tribes that serve the dark gods through hunting and pillaging. Hardened by endless blizzards and monstrous beasts, they exist only to lay waste.

This content requires the base game Total War: WARHAMMER on Steam in order to play.

This content requires the base game Total War: WARHAMMER on Steam in order to play.

LOL fuck CA and fuck GW

:killit:

_V_

Scholar
So? That's actually better than locking content of the game itself at launch and selling that as DLC, as they did with Chaos. With Warhammer 2 they seem to at least "pretend" that there is no finished content that they use to strip even the last cents from impatient kiddies (or their parents).
Still gonna wait for a 75% bundle (or less) for all. 60€, (with the to be expected DLCs probably ~125€ like WH1)... they crazy.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I haven't even played a Total War game since Empire. Has it really only gotten worse since then? I've only played Rome, Medieval II and Empire and I remember the former two being much more playable than the latter.

They changed the engine to Warscape after MTW2; I played only Napoleon from those new games; it was decent but they used this engine made for XVIII/XIX warfare to remade Rome which caused it be sub-par to the orginal even after 20 or some patches; granted they finally fixed the campaign but its not Paradox game; you play TW games for battles mostly.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Will this be more mod friendly then the first one?
Why do you want mods?

Pirates can play as many games as they want, and they don't need mods to refresh game. And these who have money, can simply buy new game, why would they need mods? Force CA to make old games freeware, and enjoy these modded old games for free legally.

Current modding scene is just dependent on modding tools, and developer support. Old modding scene did exe hacks illegally for theirs own entertainment, and published everything for free.

If WH I wasn't mod friendly, I doubt WH 2 would be more. They need to protect theirs DLC, and the first mod would be Tomb Kings, and likely faster than they'd release it as DLC.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I don't think modding will be any easier or harder than it is in WaWa 1.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom